Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

Just got finished watching the Senators/Ducks game in which we lost 4 - 3 in shootout, which is our 5th straight loss. We still played better tonight then Tuesdays game which is something positive to look at.... but seriously what is up with us this season? I mean we have the good team and the good players... but yet we fail everytime this season to put it together and play good. We are definetly not playing like the Stanley Winning Cup Team we are suppose to be like or the team that last year knocked off the first seated team San Jose Sharks to move onto the second round before getting eliminated. If you ask me, I possibly see this being Randy Carlyle's last year as the Ducks coach. I'm a fan of the Anaheim Ducks for life, no matter how badly we are playing but this is seriously not our year!!!
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyDragon923 View Post
    Just got finished watching the Senators/Ducks game in which we lost 4 - 3 in shootout, which is our 5th straight loss. We still played better tonight then Tuesdays game which is something positive to look at.... but seriously what is up with us this season? I mean we have the good team and the good players... but yet we fail everytime this season to put it together and play good. We are definetly not playing like the Stanley Winning Cup Team we are suppose to be like or the team that last year knocked off the first seated team San Jose Sharks to move onto the second round before getting eliminated. If you ask me, I possibly see this being Randy Carlyle's last year as the Ducks coach. I'm a fan of the Anaheim Ducks for life, no matter how badly we are playing but this is seriously not our year!!!
    Don't talk to me about tough times as a SoCal hockey fan. I've been a Kings fan since they came into the league, more than 40 years ago. In all those years, one trip to the Finals. You guys have been around 16 years, and already have a Cup.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

40 years is nothing. Try 101 years without a World Series championship. It's all relative I guess. Rooting for a team with your heart, when your head tells you otherwise is sometimes pure agony.

Long time, no talk, sports fans.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    40 years is nothing. Try 101 years without a World Series championship. It's all relative I guess. Rooting for a team with your heart, when your head tells you otherwise is sometimes pure agony.

Long time, no talk, sports fans.
    It'll happen, you guys will get your championship sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Don't talk to me about tough times as a SoCal hockey fan. I've been a Kings fan since they came into the league, more than 40 years ago. In all those years, one trip to the Finals. You guys have been around 16 years, and already have a Cup.
    Ha ha, how long have us Ducks/Kings fans been doing this? Whose better at this? Whose better at that? For far too long if you ask me. That is just what I love about sports is the competitive nature of it. Weather it's Kings/Ducks, Angels/Dodgers, Yankees/Cubs, Chargers/Raider, etc etc etc.... the rivalries is what makes it good. But I'm seriously going to admit something, the Kings have a really good shot this year at possibly taking the cup.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Yankees/Cubs? Here in Chicago, it's the White Sox telling the Cubs fans that they have gotten to, and won a World Series in very recent years. The only comparison, that I can figure between Yankee fans and Cubs fans is the drought versus the feast.

Of course, here in Chicago I root for all our teams good or bad. It's just a shame, that many people have cheered for the Cubs, and never got to see a World Series victory, or even an appearance. Death came first to many of those individuals. My husband is 63, and nothing. I'm 62, and after while, you just accept the facts as they are.

Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Red Sox fans went 86 years between championships. I realize that 86 is not 101 and counting, but many lifelong Boston fans similarly never got to see that 2004 title.

At least the Red Sox did get to the playoffs, and World Series, several times during that drought.

Good morning, sports fans.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

Yankees/Cubs... opps, I meant Yankees/Mets... ohh well.

Hey Radioberry, what's your response to Gene Autry not being inducted into the MLB Hall of Fame. I think this is a huge mistake because Gene Autry brought baseball to the OC and without Gene Autry, there would be no baseball in the OC.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Yankees/Mets makes sense. Fans of the Chicago Cubs have many rivals, for many reasons. 1969 was a year that the Cubs did a late death, and the Mets stole the pennant away from them. In 1984 they lost to the Padres. There's a geographical rivalry with the St. Louis Cardinals, of course. Crosstown games are always a big draw of course.

Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyDragon923 View Post

Hey Radioberry, what's your response to Gene Autry not being inducted into the MLB Hall of Fame. I think this is a huge mistake because Gene Autry brought baseball to the OC and without Gene Autry, there would be no baseball in the OC.
    He probably belongs in the Hall, but I honestly can't get too worked up about it.

He not only brought baseball to Orange County, but he brought the American League to Southern California in the first place.

Back in the days of the legendary Golden West Broadcasters outfit when he owned, among other stations, 710 KMPC - he went to the 1960 owners meeting simply to secure the radio rights to the AL expansion Los Angeles Angels, and he wound up with the whole ball of wax. And sometimes to a fault, few owners west of the Hudson River tried harder or spent more money to get a championship team.

Among the others listed there - it's a little hard to believe Billy Martin's not in the Hall.

And I'm not sure I'd be thrilled about Marvin Miller getting into the Hall. At least, the Baseball Hall of Fame. But it's hard to think of any other single person that's had a greater impact on the game, off the field at least, over the last 50 years.

• Minion

This one easily goes under the category of "Worlds Worst Sports Screw-Up":

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vVTTzTu0lw]YouTube - Ivan Vishnevskiy scores on his own net[/ame]

Can someone say Whoops!

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing the video. I guess some days, it doesn't pay to get out of bed.

Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Somehow I get the feeling that there might be two new Chicagoans on the unemployment lines soon...Lovie Smith and Vinny Del Negro. Not that it's all his fault but the Bears have been a major disappointment, and look like they've just given up, lately.

And a talented group of young Bulls are now, what, 10-17 under Vinny? This, after they blew a 35-point lead two nights ago, and then lost to a pitiful New York Knicks team.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I wonder how many Bears fans will be watching Monday night football tonite. It's a given that the Bears will probably lose. The question is by how much, and how many times, will we have to hear how great Brett Favre is, and how poorly the Bears performed this year?

It's great to have hockey to turn to. Although last night, the Blackhawks almost blew their two goal lead. The end result was another win for the Blackhawks. How sweet it is, and how funny are those commercials. I absolutely love them. The Christmas ones with Bobby Hull have been great.

Yesterday I was at the mall returning a few items that were both small, and too large. I ended up with more merchandise for my money, and the item I liked the best was the Blackhawks t-shirt with #9 and Bobby Hull on it.

2010 will hopefully be a whole lot better for us sports fans here in Chicago.

Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    It's great to have hockey to turn to. Although last night, the Blackhawks almost blew their two goal lead. The end result was another win for the Blackhawks. How sweet it is, and how funny are those commercials. I absolutely love them. The Christmas ones with Bobby Hull have been great.

Yesterday I was at the mall returning a few items that were both small, and too large. I ended up with more merchandise for my money, and the item I liked the best was the Blackhawks t-shirt with #9 and Bobby Hull on it.

2010 will hopefully be a whole lot better for us sports fans here in Chicago.
    Well, an interesting sub-plot to tonight's Vikings-Bears game is that both Favre, and the Vikings have been slipping of late, and Favre was seen bickering with his coach on the sideline last week. And it'sd true, like it or not, that the Bears have been one of the NFL's bigger disappointments this year. As I said in the previous post, both Lovie Smith and the Bulls Vinny Del Negro will be out of work soon...

I haven't seen those commercials. Maybe they are only on in the Chicago area.

And last year, it was Wrigley...this year, it's Fenway Park, Boston for the Winter Classic on Friday..the forecast is for snow. They showed the rink, all set up, on NBC last night.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I must remember to watch that hockey game. Last year we were in the Dells for New Years, and watching the game was a lot of fun. This year we will be home, and I must not forget to watch.

Pop Century Resort

Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360 ... LastLast