Page 51 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2641484950515253546176 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I must remember to watch that hockey game. Last year we were in the Dells for New Years, and watching the game was a lot of fun. This year we will be home, and I must not forget to watch.
    I hope John Lackey is there in the crowd, and catches a bad cold.

No, I don't really mean that. Sorry.

One of the first ones of these was in Buffalo, and it snowed that day, making it much more fun. I don't think it snowed in Chicago, last year.

I think it would be fun, just for a change, to have the Kings host one of these in Dodger Stadium, or the Ducks in Angel Stadium.

They've played outdoor hockey games in Las Vegas before, so it must be possible even with the warmer weather.

By the way, the Kings have been a very pleasant surprise this year as have the Hawks.

I get the Hawks on my satellite radio. I'll have to listen more, just to keep up with your excitement.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Blackhawks are one of the only things to get excited about in Chicago Sports these days. They really do a lot of fun and creative things for the fans. You must get the younger fans excited about the sport, and the Hawks are doing that now.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

It's too bad about the Bulls. They have one or two of the league's real up and comers (Certainly Rose will be a star). Is it all Del Negro's fault? I mean they blew a 35-point or whatever lead last week. Can't have that.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I finally decide to watch a Bears football game, and it has been a beauty. Robbie Gould misses an overtime field goal, and the Vikings are about to either pull this one out of the fire, or they will give the ball back to the Bears.

Pride. It's all about pride.

Nice. Bears Win!
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 12-28-2009 at 09:03 PM.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I finally decide to watch a Bears football game, and it has been a beauty. Robbie Gould misses an overtime field goal, and the Vikings are about to either pull this one out of the fire, or they will give the ball back to the Bears.

Pride. It's all about pride.

Nice. Bears Win!
    And that's why they play the games.

You play, to win the game. Unless of course you are the Colts last Sunday.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Today's Chicago newspaper included a list of the top 10 biggest Chicago sports stories of the last decade. Here they are in a nutshell:

1. The White Sox win the World Series
    2. The Bears play in the Super Bowl
    3. Cubs 5 outs from a World Series
    4. Mark Buerhle's perfect game
    5. Chicago does not get the 2016 Summer Olympics
    6. Rocky Wirtz takes over the Blackhawks
    7. The Cubs are sold to the Ricketts family
    8. The Bulls draft Derrick Rose
    9. Carlos Zambrano slugs Michael Barrett
    10. The Bears trade for Jay Cutler

Now, I am not surprised by most of these. I'm not sure Zambrano slugging his catcher warrants being on this list. Some of these events are feel good moments, and some are possible feel good times that still may happen.

Hopefully the next decade in Chicago sports will bring us some magical times.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Sportswriter, Bill Gleason of the show by the same name passed away yesterday at the age of 87. I liked listening to the Sportswriters show, which was on the radio, and also on television. I always learned a lot about my local sports teams when I watched that program. Bill Gleason was a southsider, and he reminded me of family members that I have that live on the south side of Chicago. A Chicago Cardinals fan, White Sox fan, and someone who did not care for the team that plays at Wrigley Field.

So now that the season is over for the Bears, does Lovie Smith still have a job. Some think it won't be long before he is gone. Others think, it's business as usual.

It's nice to see the Blackhawks on top of their division. I try to watch them when I remember, and sometimes I listen when they are up against the one program I really enjoy watching on television, The Biggest Loser. Hopefully the Blackhawks will be the biggest winner for Chicago this year.

Happy 2010 sports fans.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Sportswriter, Bill Gleason of the show by the same name passed away yesterday at the age of 87. I liked listening to the Sportswriters show, which was on the radio, and also on television. I always learned a lot about my local sports teams when I watched that program. Bill Gleason was a southsider, and he reminded me of family members that I have that live on the south side of Chicago. A Chicago Cardinals fan, White Sox fan, and someone who did not care for the team that plays at Wrigley Field.
    You might be interested to know that on the ESPN show he co-hosts, Pardon the Interruption, longtime Chicagoan Michael Wilbon paid special tribute to Gleason today. In Wilbon's special way of tribute, he said Gleason was a sportswriter "wagging his tongue" on the tube, long before it became fashionable.

I'm hearing that the Bears will be asking Lovie Smith to gt rid of a lot of his assistant coaches, and make big changes if he himself wants to return next season.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Lovie Smith and Jerry Angelo keep their jobs, and 6 coaches are let go from the Chicago Bears today.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Andre Dawson was elected to the Hall of Fame today. He received 420 votes. Dawson played 6 seasons with the Cubs, and was a fan favorite. He will be inducted on July 25th, which just happens to be my son's birthday. He was the only player elected this time. Manager Whitey Herzog, was also elected along with umpire Doug Harvey. Chicago fans are hoping he wears a Cubs cap. The Baseball Hall of Fame committee decides this. Andre played over 10 years for the Montreal Expos.

Way to go Andre!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

This is one of those years for the Cubs where I believe the fans are pretty aware of the fact that the team is not going to be that good. Now that the team has new owners, perhaps they will build a better team for the future. 2010 won't be that good. Cubs fans will still fill the stadium that won't change. I'm glad the Cubs have added both Maddux, and Sandberg to jobs in the orginazation.

• Minion

MAJOR RANT

I'm officially done with Ducks/Kings tonight. 3 - 0 I was willing to watch it but 4 - 0 on a REALLY BAD CALL, screw that. Come On Refs....THAT PUCK DID NOT CROSS THE LINE

I swear, where does the NHL find there referees?
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Hmmm, let's see...the Lakers, Clippers and L-A Kings...the three major sports tenants of the Staples Center, are all on extended East Coast road swings, all at the same time.

Those Grammy Award folks really take over the building when they have the show there.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am pretty aggravated at the moment. I love to listen to the hockey game on the radio. I bought myself a small radio, and it is located right next to my table, where I do my MiceChatting. I don't always remember when the games are on, and keeping the radio on, helps me remember. Well this Sony radio that I bought at Target some time ago, is giving me fits. I turn it on, and it blares at me. I can't adjust the volume. It is totally on LOUD! all the time.

I think that I need to get off my chair and go shopping for a new radio. I have been neglecting my sports teams, and with Spring training coming up pretty close now, I'd like to be able to listen to the radio again.

What use is owning something, if it doesn't work right.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Baseball Hall of Fame has decided that Andre Dawson will be inducted wearing a Montreal Expos cap, rather than a Cubs cap. Andre expressed his desire to enter as a Cub, but the Hall decided differently.

Well what are you going to do. It is what it is, but as a Cubs fan, I am disappointed.