Page 52 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22742495051525354556277 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

I finally replaced that blaring radio. It's so nice to have a proper working radio to listen to WGN on.

The MiceChat ad next to the Quick Reply box is for Cubs apparel. How fitting.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

There's a bit of hockey fever in Southern California. The Kings have seven straight wins.

Tonight, the Ducks host Detroit in Anaheim and then tomorrow night they travel up the road to Staples Center for another edition of the "Freeway Face-Off" Series, and the Kings will be going for number eight.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's hard to believe that the Bears were in the Super Bowl just three years ago. The team was expected to get better after that loss, and well they haven't. The team that defeated them three years ago, is back again today, and quite frankly I could care less who wins. My husband handed me one of those papers with the squares on it, and that will be my main focus while watching the game. Then of course there are the famous Super Bowl commercials that they pay millions for.

Chicago's Richard Dent was not elected to the Football Hall of Fame. The Class of 2010 includes Jerry Rice, Floyd Little, and Emmett Smith.

The Blackhawks were on a bit of a losing streak but managed to win yesterday 2 to 1 against the Blues. Blackhawk goalie, Niemi made 34 saves.

When I read about contract negotiations in the paper, I am amazed at just how much these baseball players make. It seems Ryan Theriot only made $500,000 last year. He wants 3.4 million, and the Cubs are offering 2.6 million. Take the money and run Ryan.

Enjoy your Sunday, sports fans.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

The Bears did improve their offense by hiring assistant coach Mike Martz. He may be able to bring Jay Cutler around. We'll see.

I'm rooting for the Saints to win, for reasons you'll see if you look to the left.

But because of Number 18, the Colts will win their second Super Bowl, in a close one. Peyton Manning is the best quarterback of this particular era and will somehow find a way.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

Saints or Colts? Everyone is asking me that and I don't really care. I wanted the Chargers and we all know what happened there. But it would be cool for the Saints to win it for all the people of New Orleans and all that they have been through.

And yes, I am watching the game
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

So I am watching the game, and my husband's football sheet. No prediction from me. The Saints won the toss. I didn't know the Class of 2010 was that large. My SunTimes only showed three, not the rest.

Now I am off to the kitchen to whip up some guacamole with the avocado that I bought at the store on Friday. Got to have some munchies.

• Minion

Congrats to the Saints. The people of New Orleans deserve it. You think the Chargers are kicking themselves right about now for getting rid of Brees when they did? I hope the Chargers win it next year!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My husband came up empty on the scores sheet, but we both watched a pretty entertaining football game. The Saints were the sentimental favorite, and won. The commercials were cool. The game seemed so much shorter than past ones.

Fun time.

• Minion

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h03QVlrwI_s]YouTube - Kareem Abdul Jabbar on Jeopardy[/ame]

hahaha don't remember when this was but this is funny

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyDragon923 View Post
    YouTube - Kareem Abdul Jabbar on Jeopardy

hahaha don't remember when this was but this is funny
    Very funny indeed. I've probably seen "Airplane" at least 20 times, but it always makes me laugh each time...and Kareem has some funny scenes in it...none better than that line, though...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Frank Thomas who played for the Chicago White Sox for 15 years, announced his retirement today. Some believe he will definitely be elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame. Frank wore #35 on the south side of my city. The team has plans to retire his number.

Frank Thomas stats:

2,322 Games played
    8,199 At Bats
    1,494 Runs
    2,468 Hits
    521 Home Runs
    1,704 RBI's
    .301 Batting Average.

The Big Hurt did good.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am watching the opening ceremonies of the Winter Games of the 2010 Olympics. Really nice. I especially enjoyed the beginning with the snowboarder coming down the mountain.

Right now the cultural part of the program is on. It is really stunning.

If anyone happens to be reading this thread. Keep in mind that I may in my excitement post results of events not yet aired on television, in the weeks to come.

I am really looking forward to watching these Olympics. I'm no sports scholar, but the Olympics always make me feel better about this great big world that we are all a part of.

I enjoyed the debut of the "We Are The World" video.

Enjoy the Olympics, sports fans.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am watching the Olympics. Bob Costas has just announced that they will not show the video of the luge player's deadly accident again during these Olympics. I am glad about that. It must be horrible to have known this young athlete, and have seen the video, especially for his family.

There was an article in my Chicago SunTimes this morning that said that the Opening Ceremonies last night were "too joyful". Death is handled differently by different people. I remember when my brother passed away unexpectedly, and his funeral was held on his family's regular bowling day. They debated, do we go bowling, or not? They went, they felt "funny." Somehow, I think they might have felt "funny" if they had stayed home.

Enjoy the Olympics sports fans.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I am watching the Olympics. Bob Costas has just announced that they will not show the video of the luge player's deadly accident again during these Olympics. I am glad about that. It must be horrible to have known this young athlete, and have seen the video, especially for his family.

There was an article in my Chicago SunTimes this morning that said that the Opening Ceremonies last night were "too joyful". Death is handled differently by different people. I remember when my brother passed away unexpectedly, and his funeral was held on his family's regular bowling day. They debated, do we go bowling, or not? They went, they felt "funny." Somehow, I think they might have felt "funny" if they had stayed home.

Enjoy the Olympics sports fans.
    I think there were several appropriate references to the young man's death during the ceremonies, and otherwise I think it was quite proper for the Olympic folks to carry on as they did.

I think they honored the young man's memory very appropriately. And yes, nbc, enough with the video. I'm sure that people who want to watch that over and over again will still find their ways to do so.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I googled for pictures of the Olympic medals. I wish that I could have come up with some larger ones to show here. It is a much different look for the medals of these Olympics than what I am used to seeing. I noticed the unusual shape of these medals, when I was watching some videos of medal ceremonies.

I have visited the various Olympic websites. They are pretty quick putting up the results of the medal counts. So far, I am really enjoying the Olympics. I like the commercials too, especially the ones featuring children.

Enjoy your day sports fans.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-15-2010 at 11:30 AM.