Page 53 of 77 FirstFirst ... 328435051525354555663 ... LastLast

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

i really love those medals, i think they're definitely one of my favorites. i didn't really like the whole hole in the middle of it. it feels like a part of the medal is missing or something
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Minion

Finally getting my hockey fix on, I was starting to go through withdraws there after not watching a hockey game since last week Team USA is taking on Team Switzerland. Team USA player Bobby Ryan scores the first goal of the game on fellow Ducks player and Team Switzerland goalie Jonas Hiller.

1 - 0 after the 1st
    Lets Go Team USA!!!
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

• Minion

Forgot to mention this yesterday. Congradulations goes out to NASCAR driver Elliot Sadler and wife Amanda on the birth of their 1st child, a healthy baby boy named Wyatt Herman Fritts Sadler
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The USA men's hockey team beat Switzerland by a score of 3 to 1. That's a good start. I just added the hockey schedule to the favorites on my computer, so I don't miss the next game, which is Thursday, by the way.

Now back to my regularly scheduled program.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have been watching Curling. The women are Curling now. It's the United States versus Japan. I find this sport pretty interesting. The commentators are actually pretty informative, since I am very new to watching this event. I watched the men this morning, and when I saw that the women were on, I decided to watch this until the men's figure skating comes on later.

They are measuring those stones now, to see who won this event. It is that close. The declared Japan the winner. Unusual and interesting this strange sport of curling.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My attention switches from the Olympics to Cubs baseball. The 2010 schedule is in my newspaper today. I see that Cubs tickets go on sale on Friday. I remember the days when I could walk down to Wrigley Field, and stand in line, and get me tickets for the Bleachers for about $5 a game. I would pick out games for the entire season, and purchase them. Then I could enjoy Wrigley Field all Summer. Those days are over. Now I watch my baseball in the same seat where I am typing this post.

Enjoy your day, sports fans.

• Hakuna Matata!

I'm going to meet Jamie McMurray, this year's Daytona 500 winner, tomorrow night! yay!!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

i don't know anything about auto racing. Fast cars are scary to me. However, I can understand the excitement of meeting someone who has excelled at something that you like.

I have never met anyone like that in my life. By that, I mean a favorite athlete, movie, or TV star.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Sometimes I can read my sport section in just a few minutes, because there's nothing really going on that interests me. Today, it was quite different. My sports section contains some really good stuff this morning. The back page has a picture of Stan Mikita, and Bobby Hull, and mention of the article inside which lists the 50 Best Blackhawks. Stan Mikita #1, and Bobby Hull #2. It's an interesting list, and it will take me a while to read that entire article.

Of course, the Olympics are going on, and when a local boy makes good, that makes the sports pages as well. Evan Lysacek won Gold, and when I saw him interviewed this morning on television, I was proud to be an American. Naperville, isn't Chicago, but close enough.

Then we have baseball. I can't wrap my head around baseball when there's snow on my lawn. Of course the Cubs begin selling tickets today. The team is beginning their spring training, and just 2 more months away and they will be playing for real. There's an article about Cubs pitcher Zambrano, Ted Lilly, and Ryan Theriot's arbitration. Interesting reading.

So, where do you get your sports news from sports fans?

Go USA!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Just when I think I remember something correctly, I realize I don't. The call, "do you believe in miracles?" took place in Lake Placid in 1980 when the USA Hockey Team beat Russia. It's that victory that allowed the USA team to play for Gold. Why have I thought for almost 30 years that that call was when they won Gold?

I guess I am not a student of the game. I admit that I am not a very obsevant sports fan, and sometimes I am doing other things while I am watching. I have been watching the Olympics since it began over a week ago. Here in Chicago the Olympics are being carried on three different channels throughout the day, at different times. I have enjoyed what I have seen so far.

I don't get too bent out of shape over spoilers, and repeats, and replays. It upsets me more when athletes whine about the outcome of a judged event. Interviews are fine, but seeing the faces of the athletes as they receive their medals has more meaning for me.

I have been checking the Olympic website on a daily basis to keep track of the medal count. It is so cool that the United States is doing so well. I will never totally understand curling, or luge, or snowboarding, but it's been fun watching it all, and I plan on spending the next week doing the same channel hopping that I have been doing this last week.

Almost time for USA hockey.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My husband say watching curling is like watching the grass grow.

Ozzie Guillen has decided to join Twitter. Promises not to give away any secrets.

Lou Piniella has finally learned how to say no to Soriano. You will not lead off.

Canadien figure skater Joannie Rochette displays rare courage as she skates just days after the unexpected death of her mom.

Miller/Hiller matchup in Hockey game makes this fan bite her nails.

Olympic coverage proves, you can't please all the people all of the time, and not even some people some of the time.

Biggest Loser mom, and dad have been holding that torch for almost two weeks, and I am on the edge of my seat wondering who will be sent home.

Parenthood. What does that have to do with sports? The new program airs after the Olympics, and without parents, where would most of those Olympians be?

Enjoy your day sports fans.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It broke my heart watching the United States women, as they watched the Canadiens celebrating, after they lost the hockey game tonite. I know that the Canadiens deserved the Gold because they shut out the Americans. However, it was difficult to watch all the disappointed American women.

The Finnish women were beaming. They all looked so happy to be getting their bronze metals.

It was an emotional ceremony for the Americans, due to the fact that it took place immediately after the game.

I am up late tonite ready to see who will win the ladies figures skating medals.

The Olympics are winding down, and I look forward to the few remaining days.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have my radio on, and there is a Spring Training baseball game on the radio. It's good to hear Ron Santo and Pat Hughes, and the Chicago Cubs again. It's the Cubs versus the A's.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Sports fans all have their favorites. Mine is definitely baseball. I don't watch golf. I never have, not even the big tournaments (are they even called that) on television.

I play golf of the miniature kind, and my grandson and my husband tried regular golf when we were in Wisconsin a few years back. I even picked up a golf club, and I found it near impossible to hit the ball. It's definitely harder than it looks.

I remember the episode of Gilmore Girls, where Rory's grandfather Richard took her to his club and taught her the game. I also absolutely love the Lucy episode where Lucy and Ethel want their husbands to teach them golf. That one always makes me laugh.

It definitely takes a lot of skill to hit that ball. My husband's nephew actually got a golf scholarship to Northwestern University here in Chicago. He is now a teacher living in Spain.

Pretty soon it will be golf weather here in Chicago. Maybe if I try and hit the golf ball on my Wii, I'll do better than I did in real life.

Enjoy your sports, sports fans, whatever sport you like.

• Senior Minion

I'm not a sports fan, but while in Dallas, Texas over the weekend, our family went on a tour of the new Dallas Cowboys stadium. It was awesome!! Will have pics up within the week.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban