Page 54 of 86 FirstFirst ... 42944515253545556576479 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

I have never been to a professional football game. I went to high school and college games a few times, but quite frankly since football is a cold weather sport, I'd rather be home in my nice warm house.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I attended several pro football games, back when there was professional football in the Southern California/Los Angeles area. Of course, with the exception of rain occasionally, weather wasn't that much of a factor.

I miss having pro football here. Of course, the ticket prices these days keep the real fans at home, in many cases, in most cities.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

Haven't posted here in a while so I thought i'd pop in to say.... Finally, DirecTV has Versus again!!!
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I haven't posted here in a while either. I can't believe that baseball is just around the corner. On my television, I am never quite sure what channel I am going to find my favorite sports on. I remember when the Cubs were always on 9. That's definitely not true anymore.

I do like the fact that my radio station WGN broadcasts both baseball and hockey games.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyDragon923 View Post
    Haven't posted here in a while so I thought i'd pop in to say.... Finally, DirecTV has Versus again!!!
    I didn't know...that sure happened without as much fanfare as there was when they took it off.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

Woohoo Congradulations to Teemu Selanne on career goal number 600 Lets Go Ducks!!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

The NCAA men's basketball tournament remains perhaps the best single sports event on the calendar every year. This past weekend maybe wasn't the greatest first weekend of the tournament I can remember, but there were more than enough upsets, and breath-taking finishes.

I believe President Obama had Kansas, the number one overall seed, going all the way in his brackets.

He also had that health care bill thing this weekend.

One outta two ain't bad, Mr. President.

• Minion

NFL changes overtime for playoff games. It's about time. The current rule was a complete joke, this one makes more sense!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

This makes more sense than the other rule, yes. But in basketball, they play a full 5:00 period, and whatever the score is at that time, you either have a winner, or another 5:00 period.

Ideally, it should be extra 10:00 quarters for overtime football. And whatever the score is when time runs out, you have a winner, or play on.

Then there's hockey. Yes, I don't miss the ties from the old days. But 5:00 of overtime, then a shootout?

To me, that's akin to a baseball game that's tied in the tenth inning. After the 10th, they say - okay, that's enough. We'll settle this with a home run hitting contest.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

This morning I was reading about Ryan Dempster, who pitches for the Cubs. He has a one year old daughter named Riley. She has a condition called DiGeorge Syndrome. She was born with this defect that left her unable to swallow or digest food properly. She has had multiple surgical procedures, and has a tracheotomy that allows her to do what our bodies do naturally. This little girl just celebrated her first birthday. She is a miracle baby, and Ryan calls her his inspiration.

The 1969 Cubs were supposed to go to the World Series, but we all know that that didn't happen. Billy Williams played on that team, and the Cubs are going to honor him with a statue. That's nice. I agree with the fact that the Cubs should do right by their past heros, but what about going about the business of giving us some new ones?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I haven't been paying attention, so I don't have a clue who's gone and who's still there on either baseball team in my town of Chicago. I better get busy, and check my local listings so that I can start watching both teams start playing. The weather has turned suddenly nice here in Chicago, so my mindset, is "let's play ball". Of course, if I was a kid again, I'd be down at the schoolyard with my girlfriends fighting with the boys for the use of the baseball diamond.

Enjoy your Easter weekend sports fans.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Ozzie Guillen wants his team to be hated. Good teams are hated he says. You can't argue with that. Maybe that's the problem with the Chicago Cubs. They have never been good enough for anyone to hate them. They haven't one in over 100 years after all. Loveable losers. I'm with Ozzie, I'd rather be hated.

Baseball starts today. Have fun sports fans.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post

Baseball starts today. Have fun sports fans.
    I don't think that any of those Cubs players themselves liked to be thought of as lovable losers.

The Yankees are "hated" by a great many fans of other teams around baseball. Primarily because they have been so successful over the years.

I try not to "hate" anything. Maybe I am splitting hairs here. I "strongly loathe" the Yankees.

I adore the fact that they are in last place today.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Chicago has two baseball teams. Today they are as different as night and day. One of them, the men in blue, gave up 16 runs. They scored 5 of their own, and on any other day that should have been enough. Yesterday, it just meant embarrassment for the new owners of the Cubs.

The White Sox fans left their game with chants of "we're #1", and "we're going all the way". That would be all the way to the World Series. Buerhle pitched great, which accounts for the cockiness of the fans, and a great opening day feeling.

I'll just sit here and reserve judgement. Baseball is a long season.

Enjoy yours sports fans.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Amidst all of the other things going on in sports this weekend...this from hockey:

The Boston Bruins scored three short-handed goals last night...on the same penalty kill against the Flyers. That is amazing.

WOW.

That's some power play, Flyers.

Hello, sports fans.