Page 55 of 82 FirstFirst ... 53045525354555657586580 ... LastLast

• we jumped out a window

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

For a guy who has won 2 Super Bowls, Ben Roethlisberger, not to mention his now ex teammate Santonio Holmes, sure aren't very bright.

Although Ben was not charged in this latest case, this is the second time that sexual assault allegations have been brought up against him. His lifestyle is not helping things at all and definitely making him an easy target.

• we jumped out a window

It's a shame we don't have an NFL Offseason thread. It's probably the only offseason that I follow very closely as it has tremendous impact upon my preparations for the fantasy football season.

Trading for Brandon Marshall was a huge move for the Dolphins and I look for them and the Jets to fight for their division. The Patriots are always in the hunt but their window of opportunity may be slipping.

My Rams are giving every indication that they're going to draft Sam Bradford, the QB out of Oklahoma. In that case, let the Bradford era begin and hopefully they're hitching their wagon to the right guy.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I must confess that with all the craziness that is going on at my house right now, I didn't even realize that the Hockey playoffs had begun until last night. I did watch the Blackhawks game, and was thrilled that the series is now tied at one. Playoffs in any sport always make me nervous. It's a fun kind of nervous though. I can't imagine how the players stay calm and manage to do well.

I see the Bulls lost their first playoff game. It seems like a million years ago, when Chicago dominated in basketball.

So whose the worst baseball team this year? I am asking about Cubs and White Sox, of course. I know, it's way early. So far, nothing to get excited about. I think living in the age that we live in, means that these teams get critiqued way more than they used to.

I'll wait a month, and then ask the question again.

Happy Monday sports fans. Does your favorite team play today?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

The Angels host the Detroit Tigers tonight, and the Kings host Vancouver...their series is also 1-1. My remote will get a workout!

And so far, as long as Baltimore and Houston are around, Chicago doesn't have the worst baseball teams.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

Hideki Matsui yesterday made a special trip to Disneyland yesterday before yesterdays game where he posed for pictures with Mickey:

Pictures courtesy of: Disney Parks Blog
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Just another Japanese tourist.

Cool pics, Darin.

Thoughts and prayers to Milwaukee radio play by play man Bob Uecker...who will have heart surgery this week to have his hos aortic valve replaced. He's 75 years old, and will be away from the mic at least three months.

A nicer man you will not meet.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Just another Japanese tourist.
    Whose worth quite a lot of money

It seems going to Disneyland is a right of passage for Angels players

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Thoughts and prayers to Milwaukee radio play by play man Bob Uecker...who will have heart surgery this week to have his hos aortic valve replaced. He's 75 years old, and will be away from the mic at least three months.

A nicer man you will not meet.
    Ditto
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Nice pictures of the mouse.

Sometimes, I miss my grandson playing baseball. His last few years he was on the Angels in a league that played about a mile from his home. I used to go to almost all of his games. I think it's sweet that he met his sweetheart on the baseball diamond. Yes, Sean's girlfriend Brittany used to be a teammat of his. She was the better batter, and Sean the better fielder. She had her eye on Sean from day one. What can I say, the girl has good taste.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 04-28-2010 at 11:09 AM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Today is a real couch potato day. The Cubs played baseball this afternoon, and won 7 to 5. The I watched the Kentucky Derby. The winning horse, just happened to have the same name as the yarn I bought yesterday. Super Saver. No, I didn't make a bet. I gave up on picking a horse after Barbaro met with his tragedy. Tonite the Blackhawks begin their second series in their drive to win the Stanley Cup.

Yes, a real couch potato day.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Good luck to the Blackhawks. Too bad they're not playing the Kings in this round.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Blackhawks are getting killed in this game. With just two minutes left in the game, it's 5 to 1 Vancouver. Well there's always next time.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    The Blackhawks are getting killed in this game. With just two minutes left in the game, it's 5 to 1 Vancouver. Well there's always next time.
    As Kings fans learned first hand in the last round, the Canucks are indeed tough.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Game over. Now the Blackhawks need to learn something from this one so the next one has a better outcome.

Did I just state the obvious?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Game over. Now the Blackhawks need to learn something from this one so the next one has a better outcome.

Did I just state the obvious?
    Yeah, but a lot of people in the sports media get paid to do the same thing.

• The Protege

I LOVE the Cubs and the Angels in baseball

Big Ducks fan in hockey

Colts fan in football (Not a bandwagon my dad grew up in between Indianapolis and Chicago)

Im pretty neutral when it comes to basketball, but if i had to choose a team it would be the Lakers
    DUCKS 2007 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS