Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1439546162636465666774 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

My boys never played soccer. It was baseball for them. Of course, spectator wise, they are football, basketball, baseball, and hockey fans. There's always something on television for Americans to watch. My husband watches even more sports than that. He turns on soccer all the time. I recently switched to u-verse for television, and the sports package gives him way too many different sports to watch. It's no wonder than Americans are known as couch potatoes. Especially AMerican husbands.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Sports Zone is a shell of it's former self. Not much happening around here to talk about. I am sure people are still watching their favorite sports teams, they are just not taking the time to post about them anymore.

I, myself, need to get on the ball and start following the baseball teams that represent my city of Chicago. They probably won't be too good this year, especially the Cubs who are definitely rebuilding again. I need to do my part to support them though, both here, and at home.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Obviously the Angels made the biggest splash of any team in the off season, spending a ton of money. They gave Albert Pujols a ton of money, spread out over ten years. I dont think he'll be playing at age 42, but we'll see. Arte Moreno obviously agreed to the length with now, not then, in mind.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries
    Hello. Stopping by to say hi! Go Kings Go! 45 years is long enough to wait for our first Cup!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Thanks for keeping the thread alive Barry. I guess you must wait a little bit longer for the possibility of "hoisting the cup". Almost the same agony of those waiting to ride the Carsland ride for the first time.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Tiger Woods won for the third time on the Tour last weekend. So is Tiger back? Or can we only say that when he wins another major tournament?

And I remember when I used to look forward to baseball's all star game. Not any more. The game has become a shell of what it once was. And now it's supposed to determine home field advantage for the World Series. That is an absolute joke, with the way the game is played nowadays.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I should know the answer to this. When is the Hall of Fame Induction for Ron Santo. I used to listen to WGN daily, and then they started changing all of their broadcasters, and I stopped listening. If I hadn't, I would know the answer to that question.

I guess Google is my friend, and I need to check there.

---------- Post added 07-03-2012 at 08:10 AM ----------

I see that it is happening on July 22, 2012.

I admit to not being a Santo fan much when he was playing, but I really appreciated his spirit, and overall humanity in the later years of his life.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

July 22, Hey that's today. I guess me, and thousands of other Cubs fans will have our ears and eyes glued to the TV and airwaves listening to the Hall of Fame Induction events.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have had my television tuned to Channel 5, almost exclusively, since the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics were on. Yesterday, it dawned on me that there seems to be less background information on the athletes during these Olympics. In the past, it seems, we would get a background video, followed by the event. That's not happening this time around.

I do like watching all the different events. There's so many different ones.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

The Dallas Cowboys training camp is within long walking distance of my home in California.
    I strolled over there today and watched practice. I was in an area near the VIP viewing, and who would walk right past me but Hall of Fame baseball outfielder Dave Winfield, who played with the Padres, Yankees and Angels among others.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Barry's rubbing elbows with the great ones.

Well almost.

The closest that I have come to a sports celebrity would be my husband's cousin Cammie. She was the local president of Ernie Banks fan club.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Baseball testing takes down another one. Melky Cabrera of the Giants gets a 50-gamer, testing positive for testosterone performance enhancers.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Are you ready for some Football?

---------- Post added 09-09-2012 at 10:34 AM ----------

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Five rookie starters at quarterback, week one. Robert Griffin the Third comes up biggest on day one.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Bottom line....Bears won. One down, and 15 more to go.

Thursday should be fun. Great match up. Bears vs. Packers.

WGN had the grandparents of Shea McClellin on the radio today. It was a great interview.

May 11 - 16, 2015