Page 65 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1540556263646566676875 ... LastLast

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

OK, about a week left regular season and a few races still to be decided. A's vs. Angels for a wild card spot (or if the Rangers keep blowing it, the division race is still not over), Tigers just passed the White Sox, and the Cardinals have a 3.5 game lead over the Brewers and Dodgers. Any preferences you have?

I grew up a Dodger fan and live in Dallas, so I appreciate what Nolan Ryan and Jon Daniels have done for the Rangers. I didn't expect the Dodgers to come close to the postseason this year with the McCourt drama, so I'm not upset they appear to be fading. From a Ranger fan aspect, I would love to have the A's and Orioles as wild card teams and the White Sox over Tigers, for a few reasons.

First, I'd like to see the Rangers get back to the Series and actually win it this time. My first reason for those teams is that it seems it would be easier to get back if the pitching of the Angels, Rays, and Justin Verlander weren't in the postseason (not to mention Cabrera, Fielder, Trout or Pujols). My other reason is that, in the event that the Rangers do get knocked out of the playoffs, I wouldn't have a problem with any of those other teams winning, and actually not even Detroit. So the only team I'd root against would be the Yankees. In the NL, my thought process is clear, as a Dodger fan. Anybody BUT the Giants!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I must admit that my mind has been on other things besides baseball. The White Sox were my late brother's team, and he'd be having major fits right now if he was alive.

I'm like most people, anyone but the Yankees.

The Sox have 8 games left, and if they don't start winning, they will be packing up and heading home instead of playing in the playoffs. I guess I just stated the obvious.

Don't really care about the National League, since the Cubs were a no-show all year. The only team I have never cared for was the Braves, who appear to have the Wild Card all wrapped up.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

There are two wild cards as of this year, a good move for more interest in more cities. One thing is certain. If the Angels do not make the playoffs...and they'll need a lot of help now...they will be considered baseball's biggest disappointment overall.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Last edited by Barbaraann; 09-28-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Cubs in the World Series. Let me rephrase that. Ex Cubs players in the World Series. I enjoyed reading the article in my paper today about how Ryan Theriot has gotten to play two years in a row for a World Series team. The Cardinals last year, and the Giants this year. He was a popular player when he played with the Cubs. The Cubs have had a lot of great players, and sadly there have been many of these great players, who have had to get their World Series memories with other teams.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Yes, I am watching game four of the World Series. If the Tigers don't win this game in the bottom of the ninth, the game will go into extra innings. They just showed a picture of thousands of Giants fans waiting to celebrate a possible World Series Sweep.

---------- Post added 10-28-2012 at 10:41 PM ----------

So Ryan Theriot just crossed the plate for the Giants 4th run of the ballgame. The game goes to the bottom of the 10th inning, and at this point in time the Giants are three outs from sweeping the Tigers.

stay tuned, sports fans....

---------- Post added 10-28-2012 at 10:52 PM ----------

The Giants have just won the World Series.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

I can hear fireworks out here in the East Bay. Glad I'm not in the city, I'm sure a lot of partying will now proceed. Kind of glad they didn't win at home, I'm sure it would be even crazier.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My friend Ramon, is from California and a big Giants fan. As a Cubs fan, I can only wish that someday the Cubs will finally do what the Giants did tonite.
    Pop Century Resort

hey... greetings everyone !!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Mike Ditka suffered a minor stroke on Friday. It's hard to think of some people in the hospital. You just figure they are too tough to ever end up in a hospital bed. Ditka is one of those people. I thought the same thing about my own husband who spent about 48 hours in a hospital at the end of the month of September.

Ditka is 73 years old, and beloved by most Bears fans.
    Pop Century Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Mike Ditka suffered a minor stroke on Friday. It's hard to think of some people in the hospital. You just figure they are too tough to ever end up in a hospital bed. Ditka is one of those people. I thought the same thing about my own husband who spent about 48 hours in a hospital at the end of the month of September.

Ditka is 73 years old, and beloved by most Bears fans.
    Yikes!
    For the love of Disney....

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Glad to hear that Mike is doing better, and should be back to work at ESPN next weekend. In the meantime, how about my UCLA Bruins! Payback to USC.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Hey Barry and Barbara!

Well..maybe I will peek my head in here. I have been going to a Ontario Reign hockey games and I'm crossing my fingers to get tickets for the 8th for the teddy bear toss.

But WOW! I have never been to any hockey game before I started going to Reign games and WOW is that a fun sport to watch. I have seen baseball and basketball games live but hockey is just fun! It can be dull sometimes but I'm used to that because of the baseball games but when something happens...it happens!

Oh and my kid loves the fights...he's such a boy

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The NHL isn't playing, so there's no chance for a Stanley Cup for any team, which is a real shame. It was a real special moment when the Blackhawks won the Cup a few years back. I have only been to a few hockey games in my life.
    Pop Century Resort

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    The NHL isn't playing, so there's no chance for a Stanley Cup for any team, which is a real shame. It was a real special moment when the Blackhawks won the Cup a few years back. I have only been to a few hockey games in my life.
    Yeah, I've learned that after starting to get into the Minor league hockey. I don't know the details but it would be sad for the super fans...