Page 68 of 77 FirstFirst ... 18435865666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1152

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

It's time for me to go outside and grab my morning paper, which we still get delivered, and see what has happened in the World of Sports.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

25 is way too young to die. There is a 2 page spread in my Chicago newspaper about Omar Henry. A Chicago boxer who recently died from gallbladder cancer. It's a sad story about how he entered the hospital, and was diagnosed with having gallstones, and later discovered it was stage 4 cancer instead. According to the article he always wanted to be a boxer. However, he ended up losing the most important, and cruelest battle in his life.

Cancer scares me. Scares me beyond belief. I hope I never have to go down that road myself, or with anyone that I care about.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

^^^sad story..

I'm trying to get Kings tickets...have a few prospects through Craigslist but I don't trust using paypal for a CL transaction...and that is what most of them are asking for. All the people selling on CL are season ticket holders who can't go to games.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I have a friend who's given me his season Kings tickets for Row 4 behind the player's box over the years. Now I want to go again!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My husband used to get Blackhawks tickets when my boys were young. He always invited me, but I'd stay home, and let the boys take a friend instead of me. Always a good time was had by them. They'd come home all happy, and excited from seeing a "Real Hockey Game".. They are Hawks fans to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I have a friend who's given me his season Kings tickets for Row 4 behind the player's box over the years. Now I want to go again!
    My co-worker just said his friend has season tickets he may not be using...he was gonna ask! I'd love to be behind the player's box!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    My husband used to get Blackhawks tickets when my boys were young. He always invited me, but I'd stay home, and let the boys take a friend instead of me. Always a good time was had by them. They'd come home all happy, and excited from seeing a "Real Hockey Game".. They are Hawks fans to this day.
    Yeah, I've had to adapt to having a boy with no man around. I'm finding myself actually enjoying the hockey alot. Something I would NEVER ever thought I would say but I'm glad I did!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Reminds me of the story of my grandparents. My grandfather saved for an electric washing machine for my grandmother who had 6 kids. She returned from the store with a color TV, they were the first family in the neighborhood to get one. And she kept doing the laundry by hand! My Dad's fondest memory.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

A family is happy if the kids are happy. When my kids were little I had to take the laundry to the laundromat. I never got a washer dryer until my boys were men.

I never wanted to be one of those moms who would cry in her old age because she had no good memories of her children. I am a wealthy woman in that department. Time is something we can never get back, and we never know exactly how much we have been given.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Are you available for adoption, as a grandmother?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Are you available for adoption, as a grandmother?
    I have only one grandson. Although his friends have begun to call me grandma as well. Not sure how old you are, but this granny is flattered at the moment.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    ^^^sad story..

I'm trying to get Kings tickets...have a few prospects through Craigslist but I don't trust using paypal for a CL transaction...and that is what most of them are asking for. All the people selling on CL are season ticket holders who can't go to games.
    I can't go to Staples Center unless I am sitting in the lower bowl.

I have an irrational fear of heights. Better put, an out of the ordinary fear.

In the older arenas, the seating was more recessed as it went up.

Now, Staples Center is not only bigger and more vertical. there is hardly any "recess" in the seating. I tried the 300 level once. Couldn't sit there.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I can't go to Staples Center unless I am sitting in the lower bowl.

I have an irrational fear of heights. Better put, an out of the ordinary fear.

In the older arenas, the seating was more recessed as it went up.

Now, Staples Center is not only bigger and more vertical. there is hardly any "recess" in the seating. I tried the 300 level once. Couldn't sit there.

When I was looking at the seating chart, I noticed that the highest level was pretty high. But at this point, I don't mind getting nose bleed...I just want to get my kid to a game so he can see what he has himself in for in 15 years!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I have only one grandson. Although his friends have begun to call me grandma as well. Not sure how old you are, but this granny is flattered at the moment.
    My grandmother was a lot like you actually.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    When I was looking at the seating chart, I noticed that the highest level was pretty high. But at this point, I don't mind getting nose bleed...I just want to get my kid to a game so he can see what he has himself in for in 15 years!
    Nose bleed is one thing. Having a heard pounding outside my chest and not being able to breathe is another.