Page 1 of 77 12341151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1143
  1. #1

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    53,783
    Blog Entries
    120

    Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

    My morning routine has always been to wake up, turn on the tea kettle, and then read the morning newspaper. You quessed it!. I read it front to back. I am a sports fan. Right now, I am watching ESPN. Sports is a big part of my life.

    Are you, a sports fan? Stop by, and say hello. Talk about what's on your mind. In, and out of the world of sports.

    Your not a sports fan? Stop by, and say hello, also. We just might convert you.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

  2. #2

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    53,783
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

    I am looking forward to listening to the Cubs game tonite. I haven't watched them much on television, so I will stick with the radio broadcast. I noticed an article in the paper today about how the National League Division Series will not be broadcast by local broadcasters. It appears that the broadcasters for TBS, will be Steve Stone, and Chip Caray. How appropriate is that, now that the Cubs just might make it there.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

  3. #3

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,289
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

    As I just posted in the NFL thread, various websites are reporting that the Bears have made the decision to bench Rex Grossman in favor of the veteran Brian Griese for Sunday's game with the Lions. A mov they really had to make, although Griese is not the long-term answer.

    And, by the way, "hi".
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  4. #4

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    53,783
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    As I just posted in the NFL thread, various websites are reporting that the Bears have made the decision to bench Rex Grossman in favor of the veteran Brian Griese for Sunday's game with the Lions. A mov they really had to make, although Griese is not the long-term answer.

    And, by the way, "hi".
    Hi, Barry.

    That doesn't surprise me. Chicago Bears fans have been yelling for this since before last year's Super Bowl.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

  5. #5

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,289
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I am looking forward to listening to the Cubs game tonite. I haven't watched them much on television, so I will stick with the radio broadcast. I noticed an article in the paper today about how the National League Division Series will not be broadcast by local broadcasters. It appears that the broadcasters for TBS, will be Steve Stone, and Chip Caray. How appropriate is that, now that the Cubs just might make it there.
    ESPN did a great job with the first round division series in the past, and I don't like the fact that they're not going to be involved this year.

    TBS will cover all the first round and LCS games, weith FOX (Joe Buck and Tim McCarver) taking over for the World Series.

    ESPN Radio, I believe, is still providing national playoff coverage. Local broadcasters can still be heard on radio as well.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  6. #6

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    53,783
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    ESPN did a great job with the first round division series in the past, and I don't like the fact that they're not going to be involved this year.

    TBS will cover all the first round and LCS games, weith FOX (Joe Buck and Tim McCarver) taking over for the World Series.

    ESPN Radio, I believe, is still providing national playoff coverage. Local broadcasters can still be heard on radio as well.
    I haven't listened to the television guys, on a regular basis, since Stone and Caray left Chicago. As much as Ron Santo annoys me, Pat Hughes is fine, and I can do other things while I keep track of the score. It will be nice to see Steve Stone again. However, I just might stick with the radio. A little superstitious perhaps.

    I'm in the middle of cooking BLT sandwiches for my husband's dinner. I like to have dinner out of the way before the ballgame comes on.

    I really like the french fries that go in the oven, they are really quite good.

    Barry, you are always a wealth of information.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

  7. #7

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    53,783
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

    Since the Cubs lost and the Brewers won last night, the Cubs magic number remains at 4. Am I worried? Well, I guess I should "keep the faith", but my finger nails are now, shorter.

    Sox fans are commenting about how "they did it first". Sometimes, it's more important about who did it "last." However, I won't put the "cart before the horse". Ooops!. That's too many "quotes".
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

  8. #8

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,289
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Since the Cubs lost and the Brewers won last night, the Cubs magic number remains at 4. Am I worried? Well, I guess I should "keep the faith", but my finger nails are now, shorter.
    So often it's the teams that play the "spoiler" role that do you in. The Florida Marlins have beaten the Cubs now eight games in a row! The Cubs have lost almost half their lead in two days.

    Indeed, keep the faith, Cubs fans.

    Any truth in the rumor that they might sign Rex Grossman to throw a few innings in relief? Don't have to worry about interceptions in baseball...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  9. #9

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    53,783
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    So often it's the teams that play the "spoiler" role that do you in. The Florida Marlins have beaten the Cubs now eight games in a row! The Cubs have lost almost half their lead in two days.

    Indeed, keep the faith, Cubs fans.

    Any truth in the rumor that they might sign Rex Grossman to throw a few innings in relief? Don't have to worry about interceptions in baseball...
    The Cubs got beat last night by better pitching. Word is, that we can't win them all. However, at this time of the year, you sure do feel better, when you do.

    I believe Grossman has been given more than enough chances. It's now time for him to sit.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

  10. #10

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,289
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I haven't listened to the television guys, on a regular basis, since Stone and Caray left Chicago.
    Do you remember the time...probably in the mid-90's, when the Cubs played the Braves...and you had three generations of Carays in the broadcast row of the press box? Harry and his grandson Chip with the Cubs, and Harry's son Skip, of course, working for "America's Team" as they were once called.

    I wonder if that had ever happened before...three generations from one family working the same game.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  11. #11

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    53,783
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Do you remember the time...probably in the mid-90's, when the Cubs played the Braves...and you had three generations of Carays in the broadcast row of the press box? Harry and his grandson Chip with the Cubs, and Harry's son Skip, of course, working for "America's Team" as they were once called.

    I wonder if that had ever happened before...three generations from one family working the same game.
    Chip was looking forward to broadcasting with Harry, and then of course, Harry passed away.

    I am sure the 3 generations of Carays was pointed out to the fans at the time.

    Steve Stone was a good compliment to Harry. Chip and Steve often spoke about Harry. Chip spoke about not really knowing his grandfather as well as he would have liked.

    I try to do something in my own life, to keep the regrets down.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

  12. #12

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    53,783
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

    The owner of the Chicago Blackhawks, Bill Wirtz passed away this morning. I just heard this while listening to WGN here in Chicago. He was much criticized for not televising Chicago Blackhawk home games. He was praised for actually being a very generous man, who gave a lot of his money away to worthy causes.

    Some people do what they do for their own reasons. They stick by their principles and don't waiver.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

  13. #13

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    53,783
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

    The Chicago Cubs cannot beat the Florida Marlins. They have lost again. It's hard to keep the faith. The Cardinals are leading in their game over the Brewers. If the Cubs make it to the playoffs, they will have a lot of other teams to thank.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

  14. #14

    • Tui's Brother
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

    Go Cubs!

  15. #15

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

    I have a question regarding baseball. What is the wild card? What do the play offs consist of? When do they start? When is the world series?

    I do know what the world series consists of

    I think that's it for right now.

Page 1 of 77 12341151 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Most Annoying Sports Fans
    By sir clinksalot in forum Sports Zone
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 11:05 AM
  2. America's Worst Cities for Sports Fans
    By sir clinksalot in forum Sports Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 07:39 PM
  3. Other sports
    By mouseinphilly in forum Sports Zone
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 08:42 PM
  4. Sports Fans
    By Djmutto in forum Lost Boys
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2006, 07:49 PM
  5. Kids Sports Clubs/Sports Prices
    By dsnylndmom in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 06:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •