Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Wrigley Field Thread

Today I ventured out to Wrigley Field. It has been a long time since I visited the ballpark. It has been an even longer time, since I went to an actual ballgame. The team has pretty much priced me "out of the ballpark". However, the Chicago Cubs have made the playoffs, and for that reason, I thought a "Photo Session" at the ballpark was in order. It was a beautiful Fall Day, and so I hopped on the CTA, and I made my way to Clark and Addison. You see, I don't live that far away.

I took a lot of pictures. Over the course, of the time that the Cubs are in the playoffs, I will post my pictures. Some will be with commentary, and some will speak for themselves.

This is the Wrigley Field thread. Feel free to post your own photos of the park.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: The Wrigley Field Thread

As I walked down Clark Street, I saw the sign for Nuts on Clark. They sell all different kinds of snacks, mainly nuts. The Nuts on Clark sign, made me think of how the fans congregated at Wrigley Field, after the Cubs clinched their division. They literally went "nuts!"

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

As I got down to Waveland and Clark, I realized that I was dressed too warm. I removed my sweatshirt, and tied it around my waist. I figured that I would take photos of the outside of Wrigley Field, and the neighborhood around it. I don't have any playoff tickets, so there will not be any photos of the inside of Wrigley. At least not any taken with my camera.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The souvenir stands were occupied, and they were selling championship merchandise. I thought that $25 was a lot of money for a t-shirt. I will refrain from any champion labeled merchandise, until, and/or if they win the World Series.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Great pictures, Barbaraann! Somewhere I have some photos of my visit to the "friendly confines" in 1990. If I can find them, and can figure out how to get the scanned, two very big "ifs", I will post them.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I saw this sign in many of the windows around Wrigley. Doesn't say exactly what will happen. Hopefully it's happening prety soon, and it hasn't happened in 99 years.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I didn't purchase any merchandise that declared that the Cubs had won the NL Central division. I did purchase the above Wrigley Field items.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Nice Barb! I will go to Wrigley before I die. Bet on that! I've been to Fenway, now for the second half of baseball heaven.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Nice Barb! I will go to Wrigley before I die. Bet on that! I've been to Fenway, now for the second half of baseball heaven.
    If I drove a car, and I don't, I'd love to take a tour of all the baseball stadiums in the country. I also have a wish to see the Baseball Hall of Fame.

There were a lot of people down at Wrigley today taking photos. Lots of souvenirs were being bought.

They even have the bricks on the ground that you can have your name engraved on. There was a gentlemen there that asked me to take his picture, with his brick, that his daughter bought him.

Baseball is indeed America's past time.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Agreed Barb. The grand old game. I take it as a duty to explain the love of the game to my kids. Another generation of baseball lovers under this roof.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Agreed Barb. The grand old game. I take it as a duty to explain the love of the game to my kids. Another generation of baseball lovers under this roof.
    My father and grandfather took me to my first game, and introduced me to Vin Scully on the radio. My Dad overruled my Mom when she got mad at me as a kid for keeping a transistor radio (remember them) under my pillow!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My grandson is 14. He's a lefthanded, rightfielder, who swings a decent bat. He amazes me about how much he knows about the game. I can hear his father's influence, as he discusses the game with me, and my husband. The love of Baseball will survive another generation in my family, for sure.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Great stories! I remember bringing a little radio to school in 1982 to listen to the Angels PLayoffs game. Fortunately the teachers were asking me for updates. LOL!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Great stories! I remember bringing a little radio to school in 1982 to listen to the Angels PLayoffs game. Fortunately the teachers were asking me for updates. LOL!
    I remember in grammar school, they actually brought in a television, so we could listen to the World Series. It was actually in September back then.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

If you ever go to Wrigley Field, be sure to check out the McDonald's which is directly across the street on Clark street. They have such wonderful baseball photographs on the walls. I wish that I could have taken pictures of some of them. I wasn't sure that would have been appropriate, so I didn't. There was a lot of Cubs history on those walls.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast