Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• no flash photography...

Let's go YANKEES, lets go!

I'm happy they are in the pay offs, but their wild card status concerns me.

NEW YORK YANKEES VS. CLEVELAND INDIANS
    Games 1 and 2 at Cleveland, Thursday and Friday.
    Games 3 and 4 (if necessary) at New York, Sunday Oct. 7 and Monday Oct. 8
    Game 5 (if necessary) at Cleveland, Wednesday Oct. 10.

What got the Yankees here: A steady climb from an early-season hole resulted in the Yankees entering the playoffs as a dangerous, seasoned opponent. Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada, Mariano Rivera and Roger Clemens, among others, have significant playoff experience. An influx of young arms has helped a pitching staff that nevertheless will turn to Chien-Ming Wang and veteran Andy Pettitte early on.

Yankees difference-makers: Alex Rodriguez, the slam-dunk American League Most Valuable Player, must shed his history of underperforming in the playoffs and produce the way he has all season. Jeter and Rivera always perform well on the playoff stage, and this year should be no different.

Yankees unlikely hero: Mike Mussina probably would be the Game 4 starter. And although the attention will be on 45-year-old Roger Clemens starting Game 3, the series could turn on the performance of Mussina, who at 38 is another pitcher battling Father Time. He won three starts in a row before giving up 11 hits and six runs in five innings during his last start.

Why the Yankees should win: Veterans tend to lock in when getting a chance late in their careers to win a championship especially veterans who have tasted victory before. The Yankees were the best team in baseball the second half of the season, and only need to maintain their pace. Furthermore, they defeated the Indians in all six regular-season meetings.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: Let's go YANKEES, lets go!

I don't like the Yankees. Actually I don't like baseball much at all. But if I had a gun pointed to my head and I had to chose a team to root for it'd be the Red Sox, because of Brian.

Then make a red sox thread.

I LOVE the Yankees!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    I don't like the Yankees. Actually I don't like baseball much at all. But if I had a gun pointed to my head and I had to chose a team to root for it'd be the Red Sox, because of Brian.
    Matt, Brian doesn't care about the Sox. Be an Angels fan. We have cute players.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

OK, I'll be an Angels fan now. Yay for cute players!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    Why the Yankees should win: Veterans tend to lock in when getting a chance late in their careers to win a championship especially veterans who have tasted victory before. The Yankees were the best team in baseball the second half of the season, and only need to maintain their pace. Furthermore, they defeated the Indians in all six regular-season meetings.
    Just wanted to say that I've always had two favorite teams - the Angels, and whoever is playing the Yankees.

While I don't like the Yankees, I respect them. And this was perhaps Joe Torre's best managing job, to get them into the playoffs with all their early season pitching woes, and the slow start they all had.

And Scubabe, don't be concerned about the "wild card" status. Most of the world champions this decade, including the Angels and Red Sox, got in as wild cards.

But overlook Cleveland only at your peril. The Indians have a very good team. Noone thought the Yankees would lose in the first round last year, and look at what Detroit did to them.

If the Angels can get past Boston...look out. Big if, I know.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Yankees SUCK!

Go Angels

UGH, My Padres REALLY chocked the last few days...

Why couldn't the Dodgers win ONE game against the Rockies????
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• For old time sake

I'm not a Yankees fan either and interacting with NY Yankee fans in NY was "fun" to say the least. Their fans think the Yankees are invincible. I'm not one for cocky fans period.

In the case of the playoffs and whose playing who...GO INDIANS!!!! I would love it if they beat the Yanks. Of course I'd love it even more if the Angels beat the Red Socks...but I am slightly biased in that, being an Angel fan.

But seriously...I love when a team like the Tigers, Indians...basically a team EVERYONE writes off, wins and/or makes it to the playoff/WS......cause you knwo there are fans who have been waiting for YEARS to see the day their team makes it.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Since my Dodgers didn't want to play in the playoffs this year as they choked down the stretch, I'm going to have to cheer for some team and since I'm a big A-Rod fan I'll cheer for the Yankees or whoever's playing the Angels.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Since my Dodgers didn't want to play in the playoffs this year as they choked down the stretch, I'm going to have to cheer for some team and since I'm a big A-Rod fan I'll cheer for the Yankees or whoever's playing the Angels.

I do remember saying you always liked A Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    yeah, another Yankees fan...or whoever play against the angels fan ...ok technically your cheering for them, but that's cool too.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    yeah, another Yankees fan...or whoever play against the angels fan ...ok technically your cheering for them, but that's cool too.

He was rooting for the Angels when they played the Giants in 2002. I'd bet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    He was rooting for the Angels when they played the Giants in 2002. I'd bet on it.
    I was rooting for the giants in downtown disney amongst all the angel fans. Boy did I get some dirty look...

We did leave before we got jumped. There was one other lady rooting for the giants as well.

Scubabe: I am with you whole heartedly. The Yankees are like Disneyland they are part of the fabric that makes up America. The reason other fans are so envious is:

Yankees:

World Series titles (26)

AL Pennants (39)

Boston:

World Series titles (6)

AL Pennants (11)

Enough said..........

• most magical vaca ever

OMG SCUBA I U!!!!

Thanks for starting a Yankees thread

Never thought I'd see one here

I was in the city over the weekend and bought the pumpkin in my avatar- Its the coolest trick or treat pumpkin

Here are a few pics from NYC - Click on pic to make bigger.

This pic makes me chuckle- obviously it makes Mets fans cringe!

~~~~~~

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast