Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Here we go ANGELS, here we go!

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    We can't bear to watch any more. We've switched the The War on PBS.
    At least it won't be a shutout. Thanks, Eric Gagne.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox, who were the superior team in every way. 9-1 the final today...the Angels were never really in it, it seemed...even though it was only 2-0 til the 8th.

Thanks, Angels, for a great season with a lot of thrills. You can hold your heads high.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox, who were the superior team in every way. 9-1 the final today...the Angels were never really in it, it seemed...even though it was only 2-0 til the 8th.

Thanks, Angels, for a great season with a lot of thrills. You can hold your heads high.
    Except for Scioscia... who poo-pooed the idea of home field. If they had gone after the Rangers and held on to first place in the AL, WE would have had the Yankees at home, and the Angels had their number this year. If we beat the Yankees, we would have probably had Boston in Anaheim for the first two games, and I think it very well could have turned out differently.

But we got smoked by the Rangers, and Oakland as well. And as streaky as the Angels tend to be, I feel this was a poor decision by Scioscia.

And maybe it's time for Stoneman to hit the road. And Bud Black. We should have had another bat or two, and SOMEONE needs to work with our bullpen!

Bah.. Seems like the same problems the Angels have been having for the past four years or so. Great that they won the divison, but Boston was STACKED with talent. Let's hope that Arte will want to spend some of his hard earned cash on some additional talent on next year's team.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    And maybe it's time for Stoneman to hit the road. And Bud Black. We should have had another bat or two, and SOMEONE needs to work with our bullpen!
    Bud Black is managing the Padres now?

I went to the game today. I hate feeling like the season was cut short. Knew it wasn't looking good when GA left the game. Can't believe he was even able to play the last two games. Stayed till the last out when a lot of people were leaving during the 8th, gotta support the team until the end.

My own personal gripe.... too many Red Sox fans there (as usual). Angel fans need to stop selling their tickets (I know... I can keep dreaming)

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post

Bah.. Seems like the same problems the Angels have been having for the past four years or so. Great that they won the divison, but Boston was STACKED with talent. Let's hope that Arte will want to spend some of his hard earned cash on some additional talent on next year's team.
    First off...Bud Black hit the road a year ago and was manager of the San Diego Padres this past season. Mike Butcher was pitching coach this year ...

It's the same old story. Stoneman needs to do something to shore up the offense, and perhaps the bullpen as well. We need to have a team that can not only win a relatively weak A.L West, but win in the playoffs too.

In 04 we won the division and were blown out in the first round by the Red Sox. In 05 we beat the Yanks in the first round but were mowed down by the White Sox. The Angel attack was non-existent.

They've lost seven straight postseason games now since winning game 1 against the White Sox two years ago.

Again, thanks Angels for a fun season. Paging Mr. Bill Stoneman...paging Mr. Stoneman...

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by mousercise View Post
    My own personal gripe.... too many Red Sox fans there (as usual). Angel fans need to stop selling their tickets (I know... I can keep dreaming)

I was one of those people leaving after the 8th disaster. I'm going to use my line- I'll go to the funeral but I won't look in the open casket.

One thing to remember. Angels have sold about 23,000 season tickets. Those people get their playoff tickets, the rest are bought online. No way to block Boston fans out of the lottery system.

Crappy game. No WAY you let Scioscia go, that's just lunacy. Stoneman deserves some heat. The guy never fills a need at the trading deadline.

Chad

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Tough weekend in LA area sports.... i'm just dooped and pooped...
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

I left in the 8th inning today. No way I was gonna watch Boston celebrate on our field. It was awful leaving the ballpark. I hugged my three favorite ushers goodbye for the season and with tears in my eyes drove out of there. The last game of the year is always pretty emotional for me.

I won't be too quick to pass blame on this. The fact is, we had about aero offense this series. I don't know that you can blame that on one person.

I hope Cleveland can close out the Yankees tomorrow. That still gives me a team to root for in the AL.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post

Crappy game. No WAY you let Scioscia go, that's just lunacy. Stoneman deserves some heat. The guy never fills a need at the trading deadline.

Chad
    Too true Chad, too true. They better not even think about letting Scioscia go. Bad enough some of my favorites are gone, Eckstein, Kennedy, & Glaus. I feel so bad for Garrett though. I watched the last innings of Game 2 seeing him at bat with only ONE eye open. I think I threw up a little when I got the final score sent to my cell phone today as a text message.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Too true Chad, too true. They better not even think about letting Scioscia go. Bad enough some of my favorites are gone, Eckstein, Kennedy, & Glaus.

Yeah tough to let them go, but the team doesn't need those 3. In fact the Cards and Jays would be happy to rid themselves of those 3 guys right now. It's much like Disneyland, it's sad to see some of your favorite rides go, but hopefully it was done to better the team.

Hope that made sense.

Chad

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Yeah tough to let them go, but the team doesn't need those 3. In fact the Cards and Jays would be happy to rid themselves of those 3 guys right now. It's much like Disneyland, it's sad to see some of your favorite rides go, but hopefully it was done to better the team.

Hope that made sense.

Chad
    Not really but whatever... I still miss them in Angel red.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

The Angels need to add one bat. That's all. Adding one ace wouldn't hurt, either, to keep up with the Boston arms race. But mostly, they need to get lucky on the scheduling. The Angels would have killed NY, and Cleveland would have stood a good chance against the BoSox. Then the Angels would have been favored to win the AL pennant. Sometimes, the matchups and luck of the draw have a lot to do with it.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

• most magical vaca ever

Sorry Angels fans- your team had an awesome season ~ be proud I just wish your team would have beaten the red sox
    ~~~~~~

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Sorry about the loss Angels fans
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456