Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• For old time sake

I don't like the following sports teams because........

There seems to be alot of "anger" or "hatred" in some threads towards particular sports teams, and in an effort to keep that out of our threads where we are rooting for our teams in the WS playoffs, please feel free to use THIS THREAD to express your disgust, disdain "hatred" for teams.

Keep in mind though, that personal attacks are not acceptable.

So i ask....why do you hate the sports teams you do?

I can HONESTLY say that I dislike the fans of teams more than i dislike the team s themselves. If I run into a fan who is doing nothing but trash talking every team and making their team seem like they are the best team ever created....that's it...I'm done. I hate trash talk in general, but sometimes it goes WAY overboard.

Some of the things I LOATHE:

"I hate this team that team and I love any team that is playing_______"

"Yeah well, whose won___ World series title (or Super bowls, or whatever)" WHO CARES????? Just enjoy the dang game.

That being said the fans of the following teams have ruined it for me:

College teams
    University of Michigan
    University of North Carolina: Chapel Hill

Baseball:
    Boston Red Sox
    New York Yankees (I've interacted with NY fans in NY and they are insufferable...IMO)

Football:
    Oakland raiders

Teams I don't like:
    New England Patriots (and ESPN's CONSTANT glorification of Tom Brady. Yes he's a good QB, but I am sick of hearing how he's practically untouchable in all aspects of football)

St. Louis Rams (aka the Lambs)

Los Angeles Dodgers (being an Angel fan it's against the rules to like the Dodgers LOL. Plus Rick Munday was a total jerk when I met him YEARS ago)

Dallas Cowboys (I stopped having respect for them when all their players started getting arrested for this that and the other thing)

UCLA (Being a USC fan, I think it's quite obvious why.....it's just not allowed. You cant love USC and like UCLA and vice versa LOL)
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: I don't like the following sports teams because........

I don't hate any particular team. Sports is a past time for me. It is not my whole life. I can understand how people go "totally in" with support for their teams. Since I watch most of my sports at home, I probably don't come in contact with too many abusive fans.

I only have one complaint. I really felt that the Diamondback Thread title was so unecessary. Support your team. That can be done without demeaning your opponent.

• Circle of Ancients

Here are the teams I hate and the reasons why:

SF Giants - Because they are the Giants and Barry Bonds is on that team.

NY Yankees - Buying World Series = bad. (Although I'll admit my 49ers did it in 1994)

Oakland Raiders - Because they are the Raiders and if your not a Raiders fan, your a Raiders hater.

Hey, I didn't say they were GOOD reasons.

• Done and Gone

Ok, here goes.

SF giants - I am a Dodger fan and the Giants are like Lex Luthor to our Superman, Evil, to our good, Sizzlean to our bacon, pleather to our leather. (bah you get the point...) Plus today is the anniversary of "The Shot Heard Round The World" so even more so. I even refuse to ever capitalize their name.

Padres - Always a thorn in my Dodgers side. (Except for Tony Gwynn, all hail the great Tony.)

NY Mets - Conceded to all the things the Dodgers would not concede, right down to the stadium the Dodgers did not want. I call them the Generic Brooklyn Dodgers.

NY Yankees - Too easy.

Devil Rays - Why god why? I've seen more people at local single A games out here than at some of their games.

Alot more baseball teams I won't root for, but I don't dislike them. Oh and as a Dodgers fan, I support the Angels until they play my team. I won't claim to be a fan but I do think there is room for both.

As for other sports, which I rarely watch:

Oakland Raiders - The fans, plain and simple. I suppose I mean the "fans" who haven't realized they left LA about a decade ago.

Green Bay - Listening to a broadcast describing a Green Bay game, you half expect Farve to shoot lasers out of his skull during key points. Even if he is getting knocked around it becomes, "Wow that Brett knows how to fall!!!". So its not really Brett as much as it is the announcers... lol

Lakers - This one really pains me, and they will only be on this list until Kobe is gone. Big baby.

Rams - I worked handing out the giveaways during their last season at the big A. I remember having my choice of any seat in the stadium. I remember the raiders vs rams being the most scared I have EVER been. I remember playing football on the field after a game until security told us to stop (After we let him QB a down...). Then they left, and got respectable. What gives? They will always be the lambs.

Now I need to take a shower to cleanse myself after writing all these names.

• most magical vaca ever

Gasp!

Sorry you had a bad experience w/some Yankee fans DK-

This Yankee fan is not cocky- just cheering on America's Team

The only baseball team I totally love bashing would be the RedSox- I mean for obvious reasons

In football the one and only team I totally loathe would be the Dallas Cowboys-
    ~~~~~~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Hi! Dallas Cowboy's fan here!

Umm teams I don't like:

Angels: I guess it's because a lot of people all of a sudden became fans when they won the World Series and I saw a lot of "Dodger fans" do the same. I don't know, I guess also because I think Garrett Anderson stinks as well when most Angel fans always thought he was God. And to top it all of you have Rex Hudler having an excuse for every problem the Angels have, when sometimes you should admit that they have problems.

Philadelphia Eagles: Donovan McNabb is so overrated he killed it for me with this team.

Real Madrid: Spend so much money, get nothing done.

Chelsea: See Real Madrid.

San Francisco Giants: Barry Bonds, that is all.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Winter in Oceanside...

I was born and (partially) raised in Oakland, CA and have been a fan of the OAKLAND Raiders since the beginning.

No one who knows me would ever guess that I am a Raiders fan. I am totally the opposite of the quintessential Raiders nut job.

That said.. I HATE Raider fans!! We were season ticket holders until we moved to Southern California and toward the end I just dreaded going to games. The fans are nuts! And if the Cowboys are in town, you are taking you life in your hands going to that game. In sanity!

• For old time sake

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Hi! Dallas Cowboy's fan here!

Philadelphia Eagles: Donovan McNabb is so overrated he killed it for me with this team.

Real Madrid: Spend so much money, get nothing done.

Chelsea: See Real Madrid.

Totally agree with you on Mc Nabb.

As for Madrid and Chelsea......real Soccer fans root for Manchester United
    Katie
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I save my sports hated for the Rams. When Georgia Frontierie dies I may root for them. As long as she is breathing, I hope they lose.

• Happy Memories

I enjoy sports, but I'm not the least bit fanatical about it. So, while there are some teams that I root for, there aren't many that I dislike for any reason.

That being said, as a lifelong Florida Gator, I'm contractually obliged to hate Florida State. It's like in our state constition or something I'm sure.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerspray View Post
    Green Bay - Listening to a broadcast describing a Green Bay game, you half expect Farve to shoot lasers out of his skull during key points. Even if he is getting knocked around it becomes, "Wow that Brett knows how to fall!!!". So its not really Brett as much as it is the announcers... lol.
    Ok, well I hate the Packers, a lot of it has to do with the fans from the mid-90's who were all saying how great the team was and how they've been fans forever. The Packers pretty much sucked for 20 years before Brett Favre and then he came along and "he just has so much fun playing the game". I respect what he's done as an athlete, but I couldn't care less about him or the Packers and am sick of announcers (Madden) saying how great he is.

The Packers are also one of the two main rivals of my favorite team the Vikings so that probably doesn't help.

I can't stand the Lakers. There is a sense of entitlement with the fans of the team and it's really annoying, especially since again in the mid 90's after Magic, Kareem, etc. retired where were the fans? Also, they kept the name Lakers after leaving Minneapolis.

Also this works for USC as well. Not even that long ago, USC was bad in football, Pete Carrol comes along and now we're back to USC being the greatest team ever. I know they have a lot of history, but it's about consistency, if you're going to be a fan, be a fan through the hard times too!

The Dallas Stars. Norm Green Sucks! nothing else needs to be said on that one.

I hate bandwagon fans in general. I know there are tons of actual Red Sox fans out there, but somehow everyone in the world became one in 2004 and ever since. The same goes for the Yankees when they were on their streak.
    I am a fan of the Twins, Vikings, Timberwolves, Wild, Golden Gophers, Sun Devils and Anteaters. I also like a few other teams out there, namely the Diamondbacks and Suns whom I used to work for, but you can't cheer fully for multiple teams and still consider yourself a true fan of one team.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerspray View Post
    NY Mets - Conceded to all the things the Dodgers would not concede, right down to the stadium the Dodgers did not want. I call them the Generic Brooklyn Dodgers.
    The Mets are getting a new stadium -
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• For old time sake

Anders I'm with you on that. I am a fan of the Angels (even when they sucked), The SF 49er's (even though they CURRENTLY suck), Notre Dame, USC (been a fan since 1985, no bandwagoning here) and the Carolina Panthers.

I can honestly say i became a fan of the Panthers when they were in the playoffs and it was quite by accident. It started when the person I was with at the time, who had a bad gambling problem started betting on the Panthers, and of course, when you are doing something like that you start looking into their stats, records, etc. Then I heard/read a story about Jake Delhomme, and it was all over. I was in love.....er, sorta with him. I've been following them ever since (even though my now ex lost a huge chunk of change as a result of that Super Bowl.) SO......yeah I guess you could say I bandwagoned there...but hey...they SUCK right now, and I am still a fan.......

What I am a fan of are the underdogs. Seriously I love when a team who hasn't won or was not expected to wina championship makes it to the playoffs and wins....the Indians, the Tigers last yr......I'm so happy for their fans when they win. Cause I know what that feels like. I'm hoping the Lions give their fans plenty to be proud of this yr. 3-1 already...that's awesome.
    Katie
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat View Post
    Totally agree with you on Mc Nabb.

As for Madrid and Chelsea......real Soccer fans root for Manchester United
    Der! Go Red Devils! Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the world, not Ronaldinho who Chelsea bought for some obsene amount of money.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Done and Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    The Mets are getting a new stadium -
    Fashioned after Ebbets field...

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast