Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Wonderful World

Its time to talk NBA Basketball

I think it will be a interesting year for Basketball, a lot of new young talent has entered the league and it will be interesting to see the trio of Allen, Garnet, and Pierce go to work. My sis has season tickets to the Suns again so I'll be going to a ton of Suns games. I think they will take the title (if David Stern stays out of it)
    Let the discussion begin!
    I'm back MiceChat

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Its time to talk NBA Basketball

I wish I could be more excited for basketball, but until the Lakers trade Kobe, I'm not interested.

I am excited about the season. The league has made stupid choices again. Such as makign the Blazers and Sonics prime time tv games to sell ratings of young stars. Why not show other young stars who have been in the league more than a year!? Why not show a young team with a lot of talent like the Bobcats or Warrios. The Blazers have a grip of televised games and no Oden. Yes, Roy is good and so is Aldridge but they will be in the lottery again.

As far as the regular season goes in the East if they stay healthy it comes down to the Celtics and Pistons. The west has the big three again to deal with, Phx. S.A. Dal. One of those three I like the Suns if they can stay healthy to get on top. Grant Hill and Boris Diaw are the keys for the season.

Suns over Celtics in the Finals. Then the team will be torn apart by Marion leaving.
    Rookie of the year: Kevin Durant
    MVP: Lebron James claims his first and loses early in the playoffs due to lack of team depth.

• Circle of Ancients

Not sure about LeBron being the MVP. He's going to get boo'd quite a bit in Cleveland this year.

What an idiot, wearing a Yankees cap to a Cleveland game.

Just because he gets booed does not mean he will not perform. He will be good for over 25 points 8 rebounds and 6 assists and will probably win about 50 games due to a weak East. It will be his first of many.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Pre-Mature Pre-Season Predictions:
    .................................................. .......

Rookie of The Year:
    Not Greg Oden

Most Improved Player: Who Cares cause it really doesn't mean other than maybe mo' money

Defensive Player of the Year: Raja Bell if he sticks to his man

Most Valuable Player: Kobe Bryant if he really wants it

2008 NBA Champions: Houston Rockets if they stay healthy and their deep bench stays focused

*I reserve the right to change any variables should the Lakers implode or make an actual good move. This reservation is not limited to any additions or total reverse of opinion. I also reserve the right to claim that the Lakers will take every award and get Phil Jackson his 10th ring, but that will never happen until Jerry Buss stops his Al Davis impersonation
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

The Houston Rockets? What is their record against Phoenix over the past 3 years? Just so you know since signing Steve Nash they have won 2 games against Phx. That means Phx owns them. If the Rockets want to win McGrady has to have a healthy back, Francis has to not be looney, Yao has to have healthy feet. Too many must haves not enough givens.

• T i DuBL GuH eRR

In my perspective, the Lakers will be very lucky if they make the playoffs this year. If we do, I don't see us getting past the first round. I don't know what Cupcake has been doing lately, but he hasn't been pursuing the trade market or free agency at all. All this Kobe trade talk is ridiculous. When you have a force such as Kobe Bryant, you need to keep him until retirement. He's the face of the Lakers! What we need to do is find help for Kobe. We obviously don't have any help for him currently, and I highly doubt he could carry us past the first round if we make it. It's a shame we couldn't sign KG. When we were talking with his people, I was actually optimistic that we would sign him. I think the main factor was that we didn't want to trade Bynum. Now I like the guy, but I'd gladly include him in a trade for a 20, 10, and 4 player such as KG; Kobe really needs a player like that. I hope we can acquire a dominant PF or C before the trade deadline because I don't see significant production from Kwame, Bynum, Mihm, or Ronny. We need help!
    "Difficult takes a day
    Impossible takes a week"
    - Jay-Z

• MC State Comptroller

Suns over Detroit in the finals.

That being said, i really beleive this is their last year to do this. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make it this year, they're going to lose some players. Last year should've been their year if it wasn't for Stern and now apparently Donaghey (sp?) being a factor. The NBA under Stern is in such bad shape right now it's sad. Howard Stern could do a better job!

My sleeper pick is the Clippers. Just a hunch.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

•   

I'm still pulling for the Lakers to pull something out of their @$$es.
    -Odom will be back after surgery and hopefully better than last year
    -Mimh is back (we'll see how that goes)
    -Fish is back!! That's just awesome to me.
    -Farmar looks better.
    -Luke should be fixed now.
    -Bynum, still not sure about him....
    -Kwame should be fixed but if he isn't he at least has Mimh and Bynum. Equal their playing time and they might get through ok.
    -Radmanovic looks good this year! Finally!
    -Still have Ronny's energy
    -Cook (you never know)
    -Coby Karl might finally bring us a true shooter but too early to see how he'll do as a Laker.

• Wonderful World

Honestly I think the winner of the title will come from the west. Although Boston has Kevin G and Ray Allen I don't think they will become a title contender right away. They certainly have potential though with how weak the east is. I think its gong to be a close race between the Spurs the Suns and the Mavs. I think the Spurs will loose their edege though and its gonna come down to Dallas and Phoenix. GO SUNS!
    I'm back MiceChat

•   

For some reason I just don't see the Mavs doing so well this year.....

• T i DuBL GuH eRR

I wanna see the rematch between GS and Dallas; you already know how hyped up it will be in the media. I'm going to be at the Oracle a week from tomorrow to see the Warriors revenge against Utah on opening night. They won't be at full strength, because Jax is suspended for the first few games of the season. When you talk about Nellie's smallball, his current 5 is the definition of it.

1: B-Diddy (Baron)
    2: Monta
    3: Bookie (Azubuike)
    4: Air France (Pietrus)
    5: Drago! (Biedrins)

I'm surprised too that Al isn't starting, and furthermore, that Pietrus and Bookie are starting over Barnes. I won't question Nellie though; referring to the 1st round upset over the Mavs, he knows what he's doing.
    "Difficult takes a day
    Impossible takes a week"
    - Jay-Z

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

You know what the best thing about the NBA season it means HOCKEY IS ON!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan View Post
    You know what the best thing about the NBA season it means HOCKEY IS ON!!!!
    Exactly!
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast