•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

What kind of a loser are you?

How do you take losing? Everyone likes to win, but what do you do when you are on the other side?

Do you get mad?
    Do you get quiet, and not want to talk about it?
    Do you assign blame?
    Do you give the other guys credit and shake their hands?

What kind of a sport are you? How do you handle losing?

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Re: What kind of a loser are you?

When I actually play sports, its usually the last one, unless I feel that the other team was cheap and/or didn't deserve to win.

However, when my Flames lose (especially in the playoffs) its a definite combination of the first 3.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My reaction usually depends on the game that was played. As a spectator, if my team has done well, I'd like to think that I can give them my support. I usually get quiet after a loss.

I haven't participated in any type of championship situation myself. So I can't speak first hand. I have watched my grandson be on the winning side, and on the losing side. I'd like to report that he was gracious in defeat. He wasn't one to blame anyone.

Teams are always changing, so all a player can do is try to contribute to the best of their ability. Some people think that if you don't win then you have failed. However, how we handle our failures sometimes has more bearing on our character than winning.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I guess I'd have to give the other guys credit and shake their hand. I love to win, but if someone beats me, it's cool - it's all how you play the game........

Besides...the mark of a true WINNER is the ATTITUDE.

Usually the same outward reaction I give when I win. A sheepish smile and a self depricating remark. But I tend to be a little bit of a quitter at something I'm not imediatly ok at. I get a " well this just isn't my game" type of attitude. I get much more frustrated from sucking at a game I don't care for than losing at a game I'm competent at and enjoy. It's not that I'm not competitive or anything. I just don't think anything that's called a game should be taken so seriously that it affects your emotional stabilty or your friendship with people. Unless, of course, you're a professional athlete and the game is your life and career. Even then there's not much you can gain from having huge hissy fits every time something doesn't go exactly your way.