• Hiding in the shadows

I made the playoffs!

Whew, it was down to the wire, and after a great beginning season I am in 6th place, taking the last playoff spot going into this weekend.

The way our league is set up, the #1 and #2 teams get a bye this week, so I play the #5 team which I just beat two weeks ago, but even if I win I have to play the #1 seed the following week....and he has only lost one game all season YIKES!!!!!!!!

We only have three playoff weeks ending at week 16, so the season is almost over for us.

How is everyone else doing?

A little piece of heaven

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Re: I made the playoffs!

I'm in the playoffs too, we only have a two team playoff though and I just beat the No. 2 seeded team this week, so I'm thinking I'm pretty good. My team is stacked though.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• For You!

I made to our playoffs as well. I was #2 and had a bye this week - and wouldn't you know it - my team scored over 200 points. The next closest team got 155.

Oh well, hope the boys can make a repeat.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    I made to our playoffs as well. I was #2 and had a bye this week - and wouldn't you know it - my team scored over 200 points. The next closest team got 155.

Oh well, hope the boys can make a repeat.
    THis happened to our #2 ranked team this week as well. I havent done too great, however I am up about 50 poiints with 2 players tonight (Kicker and 1 defensive player I think). The team I am playing only has 1 player, Drew Brees who is capable of scoring big against a horrible ATL team. I have my fingers crossed to eek out the win.

A little piece of heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    I'm in the playoffs too, we only have a two team playoff though and I just beat the No. 2 seeded team this week, so I'm thinking I'm pretty good. My team is stacked though.
    Your team IS stacked. I thought I had a slight chance against you, but Moss caught that TD. If he doesn't catch that, I'd have won, but you got me by three points. My team is usually pretty good but melted down this last week but thanks to LT and Donald Lee, I still managed to win. I need to avoid another meltdown this weekend and win so you can beat up on me again in the playoffs!

• Minion

I made it to the championship in my league

I'm going to be so stressed out this weekend.

• Minion

I won my first Championship in my league at work!! 97-60!!

Brian Westbrook! Couldn't have done it without him.

Congrats! I ended up winning my league, which still has my scratching my head. It was a 2 week playoff and I won the first week by 6 points, but after a poor performance I made the genius move of benching Eli Manning and starting Rosenfels on Houston, thinking Eli would probably rest or blow it if he played. After giving up his 25 points and watching my opponent get 22 with Randy Moss, I figured I was in trouble.

The other problem I had was with resting players. I was at the gym on Sunday and saw that both Fred Taylor and Jones-Drew were out. I had figured on Taylor out but not Jones-Drew. So I took zeros from Jones-Drew, Donald Driver, and Donald Lee. But Colston had a good game and I was able to pick up Dominic Rhodes on Oakland and start him and he got me 20 points, and Arizona's defense got me 21 points and that was enough to win the second week by 4 and win overall by 10. I'm still shaking my head how that happened, but I'll take it. Anders had a great team.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Cactus View Post
    Congrats! I ended up winning my league, which still has my scratching my head. It was a 2 week playoff and I won the first week by 6 points, but after a poor performance I made the genius move of benching Eli Manning and starting Rosenfels on Houston, thinking Eli would probably rest or blow it if he played. After giving up his 25 points and watching my opponent get 22 with Randy Moss, I figured I was in trouble.

The other problem I had was with resting players. I was at the gym on Sunday and saw that both Fred Taylor and Jones-Drew were out. I had figured on Taylor out but not Jones-Drew. So I took zeros from Jones-Drew, Donald Driver, and Donald Lee. But Colston had a good game and I was able to pick up Dominic Rhodes on Oakland and start him and he got me 20 points, and Arizona's defense got me 21 points and that was enough to win the second week by 4 and win overall by 10. I'm still shaking my head how that happened, but I'll take it. Anders had a great team.
    this is what happens when ya go 14-1 during the regular season and then lose Reggie Bush and Willie Parker to injury the last two weeks of the year. My team was amazing all year, Bush, Parker, Adrian Peterson (the good one), Randy Moss, Torry Holt, Andre Johnson, Stephen Jackson, Drew Brees, Jason Whitten and others. Congrats to you though!

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

• For You!

I ended up 3rd. My team had a so-so week and I just couldn't prevail.

So, once again, always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    I ended up 3rd. My team had a so-so week and I just couldn't prevail.

So, once again, always a bridesmaid, never a bride.
    I actually would have won based on points if I would have played my other defense, I ended up 4th, which does not make me very happy. Oh well hopefully next time!

A little piece of heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    this is what happens when ya go 14-1 during the regular season and then lose Reggie Bush and Willie Parker to injury the last two weeks of the year. My team was amazing all year, Bush, Parker, Adrian Peterson (the good one), Randy Moss, Torry Holt, Andre Johnson, Stephen Jackson, Drew Brees, Jason Whitten and others. Congrats to you though!
    You did have a great team. I think with Parker in there, it could have been a different outcome.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

yeah, with Parker healthy for maybe one of the two games it would have made a difference. It's also tough when some teams don't even play their star players like the Cowboys. Not that I had a backup option for Whitten anyways. I'm more bummed that I lost that one regular season matchup.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

Having Parker go out so early in Game 1 hurt. If he'd been hurt and you'd known it, you could have started somebody else and at least gotten some points. I've been there before and it's no fun. I was in the same boat with resting starters. I thought Eli would rest and he starts, and while I knew Taylor was out, I thought Jones-Drew would get carries. Instead they both sit out, and Driver too.

The other thing that would have won it for you was that I had planned to just bench both of my defenses, because neither one was getting a lot of points, and I thought Arizona would get burned by the Rams, but I forgot to do it. By the time I remembered, I couldn't bench Jones-Drew or Arizona. That one worked out for me.