• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Last game in Yankee Stadium 9/21/08

Yankees release 2008 schedule, with regular-season Stadium finale Sept. 21

December 17, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- The final regular-season game at Yankee Stadium will be Sept. 21 against Baltimore, and New York is raising prices for its best box seats by $100 to $250.

The Yankees released their 2008 schedule and ticket prices on Monday for the last season in The House That Ruth Built, which opened in 1923. The team plans to move in 2009 into a new ballpark being built across the street in the Bronx.

New York will open at home against the Toronto Blue Jays on Monday, March 31. The 79th major league All-Star game will be played at Yankee Stadium on July 15. And if New York misses the playoffs, the final series in the beloved ballpark would be Sept. 19-21 against Baltimore.

The Yankees also will host San Diego, Cincinnati and the New York Mets in interleague play, and make their first trip to Pittsburgh since the 1960 World Series.

The Yankees increased most of their ticket prices. The most expensive box seats closest to the field went from $150 in 2007 to $250 next year as part of full season-ticket plans. Those are all sold out.

In the unlikely event any of those seats are available for individual games, they would cost $325 in advance and $400 on game days. Depending on row and location, field championship seats run from $160-$250 as part of full season-ticket plans. This season, the range was $115-$150. At the lower-priced end, bleacher seats not purchased as part of a season-ticket package rose from $12 to $14.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Last game in Yankee Stadium 9/21/08

I always wanted to go to Yankee Stadium to see a game ... guess I'll never be able to now.

Hopefully I can get to Fenway and Wrigley before those stadiums go away someday.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I always wanted to go to Yankee Stadium to see a game ... guess I'll never be able to now.

Hopefully I can get to Fenway and Wrigley before those stadiums go away someday.
    I've been to Wrigley - it's a treat, and a must-see for any baseball fan. I've never been to Fenway yet. And even though I don't like the Yankees, I know that the house that Ruth built is like a mecca...the "mother church" of baseball...and while I am always ready for miracles, chances are that my view from an airplane, and later a passing bus on my one trip into NYC, will have to suffice.

(Yes, I know - technically, the "house that Ruth built") was remodeled in 1974-75...while Steinbrenner's then-new acquisition played home games at (gulp) Shea Stadium. It is worthy of note that when filming 61*, my favorite baseball movie, director Billy Crystal actually used the old Tiger Stadium in Detroit to look like the old Yankee Stadium circa 1961.)

Somehow, I doubt that these new luxury-box filled, revenue stream producing stadiums and arenas will be revered in quite the same way down the road.

--Barry

PS...The other must-see for me is the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown. Of much lesser importance but still a burning desire...to visit the place where they made my favorite overall movie of all time...the Field of Dreams set in Iowa.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Somehow, I doubt that these new luxury-box filled, revenue stream producing stadiums and arenas will be revered in quite the same way down the road.
    I totally agree Barry. I also don't think any of them will last 50, 60, 90 years.

Were planning a trip to PA, VA, DC this summer ... maybe have to look into taking a day or to go to to NYC and seeing a game.

Hmmm ...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I caught an Angels/Boston game at Fenway last Spring. It's the coldest I've ever been at a baseball game. It's old and it's cramped but I had a great time.

Some of my Angels friends did a road trip to Yankee Stadium last Summer and had fun.

I like the newer stadiums that have an older feel - like Petco Park in SD and I loved Camden Yard in Baltimore.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.