Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Time for NFL Divisional Playoff Picks

Some think of this coming weekend as maybe the best of the NFL season...the four games of the NFL divisional playoffs, the Super Bowl quarterfinals if you will.

Saturday's games...

NFC - Seattle at Green Bay, 1:30 pm (PST)

My upset pick of the weekend. The Seahawks pull it out at Lambeau.

AFC - Jacksonville at New England 5PM

For any team to have a shot at beating the Pats, they're going to probably have to score 40 points. It's been a nice run for the Jags, but it comes to an end with the cold hard reality of a winter night and 17-0 in Foxboro.

Sunday - San Diego at Indianapolis 10 AM (PST)

The Chargers defense will keep the game close. But especially if they have to play without clutch tight end Antonio Gates, Phillip Rivers will struggle even more than last week. And especially with some key weapons back, don't expect Peyton to play as poorly again as he did in November in San Diego. The Colts are the pick here.

NFC - NY Giants at Dallas 1:30 PM

T.O.'s health is a concern for the Cowboys, but I expect he'll play and maybe even have a big game. Could be close but I like the Cowboys - and Tony Romo continues to live the dream - Cancun, Jessica Simpson and the NFC title game.

AFC title game prediction...what else? Colts at Patriots
    NFC ........Seattle at Dallas

Your thoughts?

--Barry
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 01-10-2008 at 04:26 AM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Shablagoo!

Re: Time for NFL Divisional Playoff Picks

Wow! You predicted the Seahawks to win. Thanks for the vote of confidence. They need all the help they can get. I generally agree with all your picks. Still I think there is a decent chance the Hawks can pull defeat from the jaws of victory. I am lookign forward to the game.

• Circle of Ancients

Saturday

NFC - Seattle at Green Bay, 1:30 pm (PST)

Snow in the forecast in Green Bay. Holmgren is coming home (again). Favre having great year. Packers are gonna win.

AFC - Jacksonville at New England 5PM

The weather God's are in the Pat's favor this weekend. I'd love to see the Jags make the upset here, but I can't do it. Pat's go to 17-0

Sunday

AFC - San Diego at Indianapolis 10 AM (PST)

Sorry Charger fans, they have no shot here.

NFC - NY Giants at Dallas 1:30 PM

My upset pick of the weekend. Giants over Cowboys. And IMO, it's not gonna be pretty. Nothing gives me more pleasure than seeing T.O. lose, and this will be a great one to see.

AFC Title - Colts at Patriots
    NFC Title - Giants at Packers

I think there will be some good games, but I don't predict any upsets. I think Saturday's games are the likeliest upsets, but I think at Lambeau in the cold, the Packers take down Seattle. I would love to see the Jags take out Pretty Boy Tom, but realistically, it's probably not going to happen. On Sunday, I think Rivers won't be able to beat Indy and the Cowboys will take out the Giants yet again. Although the Giants D has been playing well and if Eli can have a third straight good game, you never know. But at Dallas? Cowboys win.

NFC Title game: Packers vs. Cowboys
    AFC Title game: Colts vs. Patriots

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

I'm putting my hatred of the Colts aside for the weekend, and picking them to flat out, hopefully, wallop the Bolts...

I'll take Green Bay, the Pats, and the 'Boys...Be nice to see an upset in either the 'Boys or Pats game though.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

Seattle over Green Bay
    I think the Seahawks defense is going to force Favre to make a lot of mistakes, they're very good.
    New York over Dallas
    This game could go either way, but it would be so sweet to see Romo choke again, and I'm so sick of the Jessica Simpson stuff! I hate hearing about all these celebrities, and now I can't even turn on ESPN without getting the lattest scoop on Romo and Jessica. Hooray for the NFL Network!
    San Diego over Indianapolis
    You know, this could go either way, and I do realize I have three upsets already, but I've thought all season that the Colts would lose their first game.
    New England vs. Jacksonville
    New England wins.

• Shablagoo!

Just in case my dream comes true I want to have it on record. I had a dream last night that the Seahawks lost to the Packers 61-2. I figure there is no chance, but if it did play out that way, I want it known.

•   

Chargers, Patriots, Packers, Cowboys.

I will buck the trend and choose the Chargers. I think LT will have a great game and that will make the difference.

If anyone wants tickets to the Chargers/Colts game I have two upper level, 50 yard line, row 3 seats for sale over on eBay. Too bad it's not in San Diego...
    Last edited by PhotoMatt; 01-12-2008 at 05:11 AM.

• Sock Puppet

Patriots, Packers, Giants, and Colts

Patriots are unstoppable

Favre is having one of greatest seasons of his career

Giants and Eli are still in victory mode after upset over Bucs but will have a little tougher task with Romo and limited play by Owens. If Owens plays i hope the Giants knock him out because i dislike Owens

Colts have the odds against L.T and the Chargers who got lucky against Titans.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoMatt View Post
    Chargers, Patriots, Packers, Cowboys.

I will buck the trend and choose the Colts. I think LT will have a great game and that will make the difference.
    I'm assuming this is a typo, and you're choosing the Chargers over the Colts, right?

I'm rooting for them, but I just can't see it. Especially if the Chargers don't have Antonio Gates. What's your scenario for the upsey?

Offensively, the Colts are getting all the weapons back that they didn't have in a game that they still should have won in San Diego.

LT will have to be a huge factor, and they'll have to score some on defense and/or special teams to have any shot. If it comes down to Phillip Rivers w/o Gates, and Peyton Manning, guess who I'm picking to win, even if I don't want it that way.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Just in case my dream comes true I want to have it on record. I had a dream last night that the Seahawks lost to the Packers 61-2. I figure there is no chance, but if it did play out that way, I want it known.
    Evidence of what that Seattle coffee can do to your brain... or did you get pricked by the Space Needle...

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Evidence of what that Seattle coffee can do to your brain... or did you get pricked by the Space Needle...
    No coffee and I have not been on the Needle in many years.

To paraphase Homer Simpson; "I knew this dream was different, because I usually dream of Disneyland".

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    No coffee and I have not been on the Needle in many years.

To paraphase Homer Simpson; "I knew this dream was different, because I usually dream of Disneyland".
    Just kidding, my friend, as I assume you knew. If this game does wind up 61-2 Green Bay (or Seattle for that matter), though...I expect to see the camera pan around Lambeau Field to find Rod Serling standing in the end zone.

•   

I'm assuming this is a typo, and you're choosing the Chargers over the Colts, right?

I'm rooting for them, but I just can't see it. Especially if the Chargers don't have Antonio Gates. What's your scenario for the upset?

Offensively, the Colts are getting all the weapons back that they didn't have in a game that they still should have won in San Diego.

LT will have to be a huge factor, and they'll have to score some on defense and/or special teams to have any shot. If it comes down to Phillip Rivers w/o Gates, and Peyton Manning, guess who I'm picking to win, even if I don't want it that way.
    Thanks for catching the error.

My scenario for the upset is that the Chargers will get lucky. I can dream can't I?

• Shablagoo!

Just kidding, my friend, as I assume you knew. If this game does wind up 61-2 Green Bay (or Seattle for that matter), though...I expect to see the camera pan around Lambeau Field to find Rod Serling standing in the end zone.
    Well my dream has proven false as Seattle has already scored a touchdown.
    Thanks Goodness. I don't think I could handle the pressure of being a psychic.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast