Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Grand Opening: Barry's Sports Bar and Grille

Announcing the grand opening (or re-opening) of Barry's Sports Bar and Grille!

We've got more virtual big screen HD plasma TV's than any other sports bar on the internet. Every day, every night, 24/7, come on in and order up your favorite food and drink from the world's largest menu.

We'll be posting the specials...and games, too that we'll be featuring. Don't see it here? Just ask for it! Fans of all teams welcome, although there might be cover charges for Yankee and/or Raider fans that wander in...

So what'll it be for starters?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• For You!

Re: Grand Opening: Barry's Sports Bar and Grille

Glad to hear you're open for business! I guess the starter topic should be about the SuperBowl - about how absolutely boring it's going to be watching the Patriots pummel the Giants.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

In the meantime, the Giants fans can stiil have fun celebrating the fact that their team made it to the Super Bowl. That is an accomplishment in itself. I remember the Bears last year, made it to the game, and the 2 weeks between getting there, and playing was a lot of fun for Bears' fans.

Upsets can happen.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Welcome, one and all!

Today's specials at the bar include...

Whiskey and sour (grapes) for the Charger players who keep running off at the mouth about the alleged "dirty" play of the Patriots...

And the Roger Clemens smoothie...including any juice of your choice.

Vegamite (sp?) sandwiches for all those watching the Australian Open tonight!

And how about a Tom Brady Brandy Alexander. Won't matter if its a close game or a blowout, they'll find a way to win, and officially proclaim their dynasty - best team ever, 19-0 season, four Super Bowl wins this decade.

In the meantime, hoops, hockey, and whatever else you please on our massive big screens tonight!

(Please suggest other food and drink specials you'd like to see!)
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• For You!

Yay for the Australian Open! Tonight is the Federer Blake Match - I'm really hoping that Blake can get all his stars aligned and pull off a huge upset!!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Okay, here's my first mention of the fact that the Super Bowl is my least favorite major sports event because of all the nonsense and hype beforehand.

But, I gotta give my customers what they want.

Baloney sandwiches on the appetizer menu...

Tom Brady spotted walking the streets of New York wearing a special boot! Ooh, I'd be worried now if I'm the patriots...

And about the frigid night in Green Bay. Players still need liquids. Were they drinking hot Gatorade?

And at least the players could move around. How do you deal with below zero temps, sitting in the stands?

And did anyone else think that Giants coach Tom Coughlin's face was going to break at any moment?

• For You!

Hot Gatorade? Ewwww, I can barely stand the stuff cold! I'd be swilling the hot chocolate.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Hot Gatorade is the worst. I tried it once and tossed it.

Hi Barry, thanks for keepin' a light on for us sports fans.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post

Hi Barry, thanks for keepin' a light on for us sports fans.
    My pleasure, my friend. We have a special board for the "question of the day".

Here's the first one...as you sort through about two zillion of the finest brews we have on tap, what's your pleasure.

If you had your way, would the Super Bowl be played on a neutral field each year? Should at least a block of tickets be set aside for real fans, and not all the corporate schmoozers who couldn't tell a down marker from a down lineman?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I like the idea of it being at a neutral field. I also think it should be as is. If fans just HAVE to go, they'll have to pay top dollar. The price of face value alone would keep most people away anyways. IMO it ain't broke, so I say don't fix it.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    If fans just HAVE to go, they'll have to pay top dollar.
    "If the fans just HAVE to go"? What's up with THAT? Where would the league be without the fans? It's one of the things I really dislike about the Super Bowl.

If it were up to me, the team with the best record would host the game. But then they wouldn't be assured of a warm weather site or a dome, and that just wouldn't suit all those parties and other folderol that's come to dwarf the game itself.

I know they need to book hotels and all the rest. But if baseball and all the rest can do it on as little as two days notice...so can the big, self-important NFL.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Just because people have money doesn't mean they aren't fans. I actually like the fact that not only the field is neutral, but that fans are too. If it were all about the fans you wouldn't have Britney, Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake at halftime.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I don't pretend to know anything about football, but I like the fact that the Super Bowl is played in a chosen location each year. All year the players of all teams look ahead, and hope that they are going to...................................enter Super Bowl location here. I understand how they try to factor in weather, seating capacity, and other amenities into the choice. Super Bowl Sunday is a big thing. It is just the way that it is. I understand how some teams may feel left out, but for the most part, I think the average fan is happy to enjoy their Super Bowl at home with their friends.

• Shablagoo!

I can't wait for all the commercials during the Superbowl.

A Paula Abdul halftime show? No thanks. I'm switching the channel to the Kitty halftime show on Animal Planet.

Edit: Question of the day. I don't really care where they play it. As long as I get commercials.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I do believe that a lot of people don't really watch much of the game. Super Bowl Sunday for many is about the party. The food, the commercials, the halftime show, and their football pools, makes the game almost secondary.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast