Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Talkin' Baseball: The Rites of Spring

Well, it's past the time for the national pastime to put away the old hot stove for another winter. While in many of the game's favorite cities there might still be more snowballs tossed than the baseballs - pitchers and catchers have reported, beginning another year of fun in the sun on the Grapefruit and Cactus circuits.

This is an historic year for the Dodgers. Not only are they celebrating the 50th anniversary of their move to Los Angeles...this is their final year at Dodgertown in Vero Beach, Florida. They, like other Florida perennials before them, are heading west to new digs in Arizona. Tempe, Arizona is their current hot spot.

If you are looking for some sun, and lots of exhibition baseball, head for the Phoenix area. I've lost count of how many teams have or share facilities within about a 30 mile radius. More than half a dozen, I'm sure.

My team, the Angels, once played spring training home games at the late Gene Autry's mecca in Palm Springs.

But now, we look ahead. How about your team? Thoughts? Hopes? Predictions? Pictures? They're all welcome here until that day when the author once said the "life begins"...Opening Day.

Enjoy!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• missing the DisneyGallery

Re: Talkin' Baseball: The Rites of Spring

I wish my Royals played in the NL, so they had a chance to go to the playoffs.

When attractions were original

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Ryan Dempster has predicted that the Chicago Cubs will go to the World Series. If he's wrong, he won't be the first one. If he's right. He's a genius.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Kind of shocking that my old favorite, Mike Piazza is still a free agent. Got to say I'm a little bit bummed that he never got to win a WS ring.

• Circle of Ancients

Dodgers:

The prospects for a good season are there this year. Of course, for Dodger fans, every year has the "potential" to be good, but unfortunately has been strewn with dissapointment.

Yes it's the Dodgers 50th year in LA, but more importantly, it's been 20 years since they have won the World Series. Is this the year? I doubt it, but they should, at the very least make it interesting.

Angels:

My AL team has the talent to win the World Series, they have for a few years. Is this the year they get over that hump and get back to the World Series?

Sure winning your division or getting to the playoffs every year is great. But I know Angels fans are ready for another taste of the Big Show.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Anybody see the Kyle Kendrick prank yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nKKqPOiJxI

Classic stuff
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

It must be early spring. Jason Schmidt, Mark Prior and Randy Johnson are all throwing "with no pain". We'll see how that spin goes down once the season starts!

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

I am so ready to get games played. I'm sick of the Mitchel Report A Palooza!

Go Braves!

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Now that was a grade A dirty trick. Such detail, what a sham! Loved it!

Poor Kyle Kendrick but that is awesome rookie hazing.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

That right there was pretty darn funny. Good stuff. thanks for sharing!
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Now that was a grade A dirty trick. Such detail, what a sham! Loved it!

Poor Kyle Kendrick but that is awesome rookie hazing.
    Give an Oscar to Charlie Manuel. Without his convincing performance, the whole thing would've been messed up. Funny stuff
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Dodgers:

The prospects for a good season are there this year. Of course, for Dodger fans, every year has the "potential" to be good, but unfortunately has been strewn with dissapointment.

Yes it's the Dodgers 50th year in LA, but more importantly, it's been 20 years since they have won the World Series. Is this the year? I doubt it, but they should, at the very least make it interesting.

Angels:

My AL team has the talent to win the World Series, they have for a few years. Is this the year they get over that hump and get back to the World Series?

Sure winning your division or getting to the playoffs every year is great. But I know Angels fans are ready for another taste of the Big Show.
    As far as the Dodgers go, Joe Torre is certainly an upgrade as a manager over Grady Little. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make the playoffs. After getting Santana, though, the Mets should be the big favorites to win the National League - the Cubs should have a very good year in the Central.

As for the Angels - they're in the wrong league. I figure there are probably five AL teams better than the NL's best - the Mets - and while I hope I'm wrong, the Angels just don't have what it takes to beat Boston, Detroit or even Cleveland when it counts. And the Yankees will always be at least pretty good.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Wonderful World

Last night at the suns game I walked right by Carlos Zambrano. Then as I was standing outside the ticket office I looked directly to my right and noticed I was standing next to Alfonso Soriano and Aramis Ramirez. I was kinda of in shell shock that they were just standing around talking to each other. No one was coming up to them, no one even noticed them. I got a picture of them, they are pretty cool, down to earth people.
    I'm back MiceChat

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by painted windows View Post
    Last night at the suns game I walked right by Carlos Zambrano. Then as I was standing outside the ticket office I looked directly to my right and noticed I was standing next to Alfonso Soriano and Aramis Ramirez. I was kinda of in shell shock that they were just standing around talking to each other. No one was coming up to them, no one even noticed them. I got a picture of them, they are pretty cool, down to earth people.
    post the photo

• Wonderful World

Unfortunately I'm not sure how to upload the photo from my phone. I'll try to figure it out.
    I'm back MiceChat

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast