• For You!

Today's NASCAR Race

Wow - what an event this has turned out to be - water, water and more water. I feel bad for all those guys that went out so early because of the weeping spots!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Is it summer yet???

Re: Today's NASCAR Race

We were at the race today. Actually, just got home about 1/2 hour ago. We lasted until the last (and current) rain delay. We arrived at the track around 8:30 this morning. We were guests of Sprint so thankfully we had a suite for the day and could stay warm and dry (as well as fed and watered) all day. Even though we've been on it several times before, we took the garage tour again. You never know who you'll see and it's fun. We saw Juan Pablo just strolling about and Jeremy Mayfield in his garage. The highlight of the day, however was gawking at Tom Cruise! Sprint's suite is the suite directly above the end of pit road, which is where Jimmy Johnson's pit was. Tom knows Johnson, so he and his son were there for quite awhile. I was surprised at how cordial Tom was - giving autographs, shaking hands and allowing photos. The crowd was minimal because of the types of credentials required in that area. If I would have known he would hang out for so long, we could have had gone down and had our picture taken with him. I did capture quite a few pictures of him posing with strangers, however. All in all, not a bad day at the track.
    Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

• For You!

Where are the pictures??!!! Actually Johnson was interviewed and said Tom Cruise was a good friend of Hendrick - I guess he helped on the Days of Thunder movie.

• Is it summer yet???

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    Where are the pictures??!!! Actually Johnson was interviewed and said Tom Cruise was a good friend of Hendrick - I guess he helped on the Days of Thunder movie.
    Yes, I heard that on the tv, also. I also have some cute ones of Gordon and his baby girl. He sure knows how to play the "baby card" to draw the media attention back to him - lol.

• For You!

Wow! You were up close! How fun to be able to sit in a suite! I'm not sure what kind of passes we have. I was told that we'd be spending time at the track on Friday (I assume for qualifying) and I don't know what's going on Saturday. And then the big race on Sunday!

The website said no outside food is allowed - how strict are they on snacks? I'm definitely taking a lot of water.

• Is it summer yet???

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    Wow! You were up close! How fun to be able to sit in a suite! I'm not sure what kind of passes we have. I was told that we'd be spending time at the track on Friday (I assume for qualifying) and I don't know what's going on Saturday. And then the big race on Sunday!

The website said no outside food is allowed - how strict are they on snacks? I'm definitely taking a lot of water.
    I guess it depends on the track because you can take pretty much anything in to Fontana (including softsided coolers) - snacks, sandwiches, soda - just no glass bottles or cans - or alcohol.

I just wished I could have called in sick today so that I could go back and see both of the races - bumming.

We were invited to Phoenix, too. I've never been there. Well, to a race there.

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyWife View Post
    I guess it depends on the track because you can take pretty much anything in to Fontana (including softsided coolers) - snacks, sandwiches, soda - just no glass bottles or cans - or alcohol.

I just wished I could have called in sick today so that I could go back and see both of the races - bumming.

We were invited to Phoenix, too. I've never been there. Well, to a race there.
    I was really close to trying to get into the race today and calling off from work, but I wasn;t sure how icketing would work and everything so we didnt chance it. Looks like you had some really good seats!

It was funny, yesterday morning hubby said the race woudl go till midnight, it almost got that late before they finally sent people home.

A little piece of heaven

• Is it summer yet???

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    I was really close to trying to get into the race today and calling off from work, but I wasn;t sure how icketing would work and everything so we didnt chance it. Looks like you had some really good seats!

It was funny, yesterday morning hubby said the race woudl go till midnight, it almost got that late before they finally sent people home.
    Ya, we're quite spoiled. When hubby comes home and says, "I was offered race tickets today", my first response is always "Are they SUITE tickets?" There's nothing better! The grandstand seats are fun but the suite is 1st class all the way. Not to mention the stay at the resort, spa treatment and dinner prior to the race! It's a no brainer.

• For You!

Jealous!!!!