• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool March Madness anyone?

HOORAY!! We've reached the magical month of March! Time for College Basketball to thrust into the forefront! anyone up for a doing a NCAA Tourney Pick Em for MiceChat?
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Hiding in the shadows

Re: March Madness anyone?

Absolutely, you can count me in!

A little piece of heaven

• Man O Lantern

Me too!

I've been watching the March Madness highlights on On Demand today....I'm so ready for the tournament! My husband is even taking three days off during the first round. We. are. ready.

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Me too!

I've been watching the March Madness highlights on On Demand today....I'm so ready for the tournament! My husband is even taking three days off during the first round. We. are. ready.
    I already told my boss I would be "working from home" on the 20th and 21st. Those two days are he best.

A little piece of heaven

• Man O Lantern

Oooh, you're brilliant! Those are my favorite days of the entire year, I'm not kidding. I look forward to this tournament for months.

• Colorful

Yes the first days of the NCAA Tourney are the absolute best. the only thing that can compare are the conference Tourney days the weeke before. Great TV!

• Colorful

Look out Bubble teams...you just got company and perhaps one of your bubbles popped today. The odds-on favorite to win the Colonial Athletic Association, Virginia Commonwealth (who beat Duke in last year's Tourney) got upset by William & Mary in their Semis. VCU's RPI is in the 40's and they merit at least some discussion about an at-large bid. Meanwhile William & Mary will play 2005's Cinderella, George Mason for the automatic bid from the CAA tomorrow night.

It's the best time of the year for College B-Ball junkies! Dont'cha just love it?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

This figures to be a fairly wide-open tournament. North Carolina will get the one seed in the East...and UCLA in the West...meaning neither of these teams might have to get on an airplane, til San Antonio...

I am a Bruin fan. And while I always say you have to look over the whole game and not just what happens in the final seconds...there was no foul in the Stanford game...and there was an un-called foul, and Shipp's final shot against Cal should not have been allowed.

Having said that, credit to Ben Howland's team for tenacity and the ability to come back. They'll have to kick it up a notch in the tournament, obviously.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    I already told my boss I would be "working from home" on the 20th and 21st. Those two days are he best.
    When I was an associate at a big firm, I said that when I opened my own firm, I'd take off the first two days of March Madness every year. I've been on my own for 11 years now, and I have yet to do it. This year, it will be impossible, as I'll be readying myself for my last big vacation for probably two years.
    Fight On! Beat the Utes!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Colorful

The at-large pool potentially got larger again last night as St. Mary's (who will likely be in the field) was upset by San Diego in the West Coast Conference Semis last night. The rest of the pool now roots like heck fro Gonzaga to survive San Diego and keep them from stealing a bid. The same pool also will root for Davidson to beat Elon in the Southern Conference Finals tonight.

So far the automatic bids are:

Cornell
    Winthrop
    Austin Peay
    Belmont
    Drake

• Colorful

POP GO MORE BUBBLES!!!

There are two more schools added to the at-large pool that were not supposed to be there tonight. Gonzaga was upset by San Diego for the WCC championship and the No 1 seed in the Sun Belt, South Alabama was upset in the semis of that tourney by Middle Tennessee State. Thankfully Davidson took care of business in the Southern Conference final. The other teams punching their ticket tonight were Siena and George Mason. It is now possible (and maybe likely) that the WCC will end up with three bids (when they expected two), and the Sun Belt may get two bids (and maybe three if somehow Western Kentucky gets upset...and they have somewhat of a case...and that conference was only likely to get one).

The committee has some doozies to mull over again this year. This is why I think all conference tourney's should be completed by Saturday night to give them a full day with no games to make the best and most fair decision. The women's tourney committee has that luxury as they don't announce the field in that tourney until Monday, a day after all the games are finished.

• Colorful

Hey y'all..I just created our own private group over at Yahoo's Tourney Pick 'em in case you are interested in some friendly and fun competition. I wish I had a prize to give out but I don't. Sorry.

Hello bdbopper, Welcome to Tournament Pick'em!
    You created a group called MiceMadness and added your bracket, MajoredInMiracles. Your group ID# is 42533 and your password is: mickeymouse

Oh and in case you are wondering what my Bracket Name means...

I didn't major in Math, I majored in miracles. - Mike Huckabee I thought that was a pretty appropriate name for my bracket even if I didn't support him.