• T i DuBL GuH eRR

Lakers Steal One in Arco

What a fourth quarter for Kobe Bryant..

..Again.

First his heroics against Dallas, now Sacramento. What made this win much sweeter was that it was IN Arco against the KINGS. I know this rivalry has lost heat over the years, but I still hold onto it lol. I loved those "MVP" chants. Isn't it great to hear those at away games?

I think I'm taking our having of Kobe Bryant for granted. Seriously, there are only two players in the league right now who coaches can trust to take over the 4th quarter and pull a come-from-behind win; they are Kobe Bryant and Lebron James. When we're down, we're very fortunate (very being an understatement) to have a player of Kobe Bryant's caliber to bring us back. For any other team, it would be much more difficult to erase a deficit like that, mostly with a collective team effort. He can single handedly take over a game. I don't want to rely on him too often though.

Gasol got it done tonight, as well as Fish and LO. I don't know why the Zen Master gave Luke so many minutes tonight. He gave a less than average performance on both ends of the court. I hope tonight was just an off game for him. Sasha should have been played more, in my opinion. And now for the question that has been pestering the minds of Laker fans for almost two months now:

When is Bynum coming back?
    "Difficult takes a day
    Impossible takes a week"
    - Jay-Z

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Re: Lakers Steal One in Arco

I hear beginning of April, Ariza is due end of the regular season. They said today it's going to take a bit longer. But you never know!

Bynum is going to be so hungry when he gets back! Phil will start him off the bench and slowly work him in.

Ariza will be the key, the lock down defender for who ever he's assigned to! WAtch out Ginobili.
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

They stole another one tonight. Sacto was without its top three scorers. The result was a thrashing.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...pageType=recap

The Lakers are looking good going into the postseason!
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

• Circle of Ancients

I have to say, I've been one of the biggest "Kobe Haters" out there. But I have to admit, I've been quite impressed with his "team" ball this season.

Not only did he realize he can't do it on his own, he was given the resources to not HAVE to feel he needed to do it on his own.

I think it's sad that the 8 seed in the west would be the 4 seed in the east.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I think it's sad that the 8 seed in the west would be the 4 seed in the east.
    If not higher. Remember, Boston, Detroit and Orlando fattened up on that Eastern Conference schedule. Although the top teams did well in their short two-game series against the top western teams, they faced fewer battles over the long haul. How that affects the finals matchup will be one of the more interesting storylines, methinks.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Oh definately.

I honestly think that this season any team 1 through 8 (in the West) has a chance to win the title. Denver or Dallas is no walk in the park for the 1 seed.