Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool MiceChat NCAA Tourney Pick 'Em

Good afternoon gang!

I know that there are several College basketball fans around here so I created a MiceChat NCAA Tournament Pick 'em Leauge for us over at Yahoo.

Hello bdbopper, Welcome to Tournament Pick'em!
    You created a group called MiceMadness Your group ID# is 42533 and your password is: mickeymouse

So if you are interested go sign up. It'll be fun. I wish I had a prize to give away for the winner but I don't. However if it is fun you are looking for this is your game!
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Re: MiceChat NCAA Tourney Pick 'Em

I'm in!
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• Man O Lantern

I'm in, too!

Go Heels!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I'm in! I was doing pretty good last year right up until the final four...and then it all fell apart.

UNC is going to be tough to beat this year, regardless. The madness starts next week!

Whoo hoo!

• Circle of Ancients

I'm in.

• Hiding in the shadows

I'm in

A little piece of heaven

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

You need someone to come in last right? I'm back in!!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Colorful

Awesome!! Looks like we've got an eager group of players so far. It's not too late to join them. The NCAA Field is announced on Sunday night and the Tourney gets started Thursday (The play in game will not count for us so don't worry about that)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

So I watched the ACC games today. I was all ready to get in here and do a happy dance all over Stinkerbell & her Tar Heel fest, but then they survived. They didn't play a great game, but they played "enough" of a game to get the "W" - Duke couldn't say the same, sadly. Other than Paulus, the rest of the team played like they had Nyquil in their Gatorade bottles. To watch Singler be "held" to 2 points was embarrassing. Why do I say it like that ("held"?) - because I didn't see grand defensive action from Clemson. They didn't so much win the game as Duke lost it. Doesn't matter either way, the loss is still a "L" in the column. Dicky V was all about Duke getting the last #1 seed during the first half. Pretty sure they will feel grateful for a #2 seed after today's embarrassment.

• Colorful

This weekend has been a nightmare for the Bubble teams! They might as well get out a noose. Two bids could be stolen from them at the final buzzer as 3:30 PM games feature two teams that have to win to get in but if they do two bubble teams are going to find themselves NIT bound. Illinois comes out of nowhere to advance to the Big Ten Championship Game against Wisconsin. However the most improbable team to advance to a conference championship game is Georgia who had to win two games today after having their game yesterday postponed after a tornado roared through downtown Atlanta and caused damage to the Georgia Dome. Not only did they have to beat Kentucky and Mississippi State in the same day, they had to do it on the home floor of their arch rival, Georgia Tech! And do the Dawgs ever catch a break! Arkansas, who Georgia beat earlier in the season, upset the top seed, Tennessee in the other semifinal game! Wow!

What is going on is much more likely in a smaller conference when the worst team in the league goes on a tear to try and steal the automatic bid. If anything Georgia has probably punched a ticket for the NIT. Before this weekend they were going nowhere!

• or CBF

I'm in.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

How about Coppin State, which started the season 4-19, getting a bid!

I'm pretty excited about the chance to watch my first alma mater, Cal State Fullerton, defeating UCI to win the Big West Conference and go to the NCAAs for the first time since 1978. That also means that, for the first time ever, both of my alma maters will be in the tournament. Go Titans! Go Trojans!
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Ok everybody, now is the time - say what you can about who didn't get in (that's all they seem to be doing on the sports news stations right now!) and get it off your chest.

For me, as much as I think VTech played an amazing game against NC yesterday, I am ok with them not making the tournament. For the argument to be that their losses to the top teams in their (toughest of all schedules by conference) conference were a lot of very close games is a significant one. It also means that they failed to convert good games against very good teams into wins. They need to work on that and then they will be a team to watch next year.

I'm glad Clemson got in and as high as they did - and to me, they drew a great spot in the midwest. To me, that region is the most wide open of them all.

Anyone else want to chime in before they go make their brackets?

• Colorful

Cool Re: MiceChat NCAA Tourney Pick 'Em

Obviously I am tickled pink about Georgia stunning everyone by stealing an Auto-bid today. Based on their body of work they deserved their seed and their pounding by Xavier Thursday.

I thought Virginia Commonwealth is a great team and felt they deserved a bid. I also felt that Arizona State deserved a bid over both Oregon and Arizona.

However the decisions have been made and the b\racket is set!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post

I'm pretty excited about the chance to watch my first alma mater, Cal State Fullerton, defeating UCI to win the Big West Conference and go to the NCAAs for the first time since 1978.
    I was at the (then) PCAA tournament final when Fullerton beat Long Beach State...the Cal State Who? team than came within three points of the Final Four. I attended CSUF at the time (and working at DL)...what an atmposhere during that run.

Of course, in those days it was only a 32-or-40 team tournament, and four wins got you the title.

Still, I'm pulling for my alma mater Titans. And oh, yeah, my other favorite team...Go Bruins! And Pete, I'd like to see SC do well too.

And how about the mighty Toreros of San Diego?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast