Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12345122752 ... LastLast

• most magical vaca ever

Re: Talkin' Baseball 2008: The Season

You didn't think the 2008 Baseball season would start without me did ya

Here's to another great season ahead!
    ~~~~~~

• Circle of Ancients

What's better than an opening day win for the Dodgers?

An opening day win against the Giants.

What's better than an opening day win against the Giants?

An opening day shut-out win against the Giants.

What's better than an opening day shut-out win against the Giants?

Barry Bonds was nowhere to be found.

• Circle of Ancients

So I turned on Prime Ticket to watch the game tonight, wasn't sure if it was an afternoon or night game.

I turn it on and it's 5-0 Dodgers. I'm like "Sweet, they are beating the Giants again". Then I see Penny on the mound and I'm like ... "Crap, it's a replay".

I'm kind of slow sometimes.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Royals win again vs. Detroit!!!

2-0 BABY!!!

First time KC has been 2 games over .500 in 4 years.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

As expected, the Dodgers are off to a great start (the Dodgers have a lot of promise, while the Giants have the promise of a very long season ahead - and a long rebuilding process).

And what a way for the Dodgers to kick off their 50th anniversary in LA campaign...with the Coliseum game, followed up by the "Field Of Dreams" pregame pageant before the opener, that started off with Duke Snider in centerfield, and ended with Sandy Koufax on the mound...and a lot of other guys in between.

I never would have believed this when the McCourts, the "Boston Parking Lot attendants" first bought the team.
    Quite obviously, they "get it" about what it means to own a team like that.

What's up with the Angels broadcasts? Rory Markas on TV with Mark Gubicza, Steve Physioc and Rex Hudler on radio...the station in Ventura not carrying the games out here, and Arte Moreno's station AM 830 a difficult signal to get after dark where I live...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Wonderful World

reds walk off on my dbacks. The Valverde trade may be one that kills the dbacks. We'll just have to see
    I'm back MiceChat

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    What's better than an opening day shut-out win against the Giants?

Barry Bonds was nowhere to be found.
    I am pleasantly surprised that no team has yet paid his price to take on all of his baggage. The man can still hit, but I wouldn't want him on my team, no matter how he might work as an American League DH (paying attention still, I hope, Angels). I'm not so sure if teams will be able to resist the temptation later in the year. Of course, he'll be having "other" things to deal with...

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    Royals win again vs. Detroit!!!

2-0 BABY!!!

First time KC has been 2 games over .500 in 4 years.
    I've read a lot of positives about KC this year. Good for you, RDF. Fans like you deserve better than what you've been getting the last, oh, 22 years.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Haven't followed baseall much yet this year. When Bush threw the first ball into play of the year, I found his getting booed, hilarious. He's the first Republican president that plays softball when he should be playing hard - and vice versa. He just seems to be off base and playing for the wrong teem most of the time.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 04-04-2008 at 05:37 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Another win for my Royals!!! We sweep Detroit!

Last time we swept the opening series was back in 1977 in Detroit. Ironic huh.

I'm trying my best to stay humble but I'm just excited that we're 3-0!!!
    Last edited by royaldisneyfan; 04-03-2008 at 08:01 PM.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Home opener for the Angels last night. Fans of the Halos are quiet around here, as they were most of last evening in an 11-6 loss to Texas.

Mainly because of the Friday night post-game fireworks I presume, many were still in their seats when the Angels, trailing 11-0, scored all six of their runs.

The Rangers will likely finish once again because of their pitching. But seemingly as always they can still score a lot of runs.

The Angels are now 3-2 for the campaign.

By the way, what's up with Angels broadcasting. Rory Markas is doing TV now? And I'm hearing Hudler on the radio, that is whenever I can pick up AM 830, especially at night. And the station in Ventura that used to carry the games has now dropped them.

• Wonderful World

The Dbacks got some revenge for last years sweep in the NLCS. The whole game I was saying to myself, why couldn't they score like in in October. A good win though. Its weird to see Detroit struggling with all those moves they made in the off season. No team has ever won the World Series after going 0-4
    I'm back MiceChat

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Quote Originally Posted by painted windows View Post
    The Dbacks got some revenge for last years sweep in the NLCS. The whole game I was saying to myself, why couldn't they score like in in October. A good win though. Its weird to see Detroit struggling with all those moves they made in the off season. No team has ever won the World Series after going 0-4
    I was watching that game. Micah Owings is a stud. Congrats to the D-Backs
    Home away from Home.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I remember a couple of times back in the day when the Angels signed big free agents, then struggled like the Tigers are the first week.

Both times they caught fire later in the season but came up short in the pennant race. I know it's just five games, but I'm sure Jim Leyland is well acquainted with the adage that you can't win a pennant in April, but you sure can lose one.

-- Barry

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Royals lose their 2nd straight vs. Minnesota.

We'll be looking to our stopper...Brett Tomko (UGH) to stop this modest 2-game losing streak tomarrow.

In other KC news, Hideo Nomo gets called up to the major league roster in the bullpen. He had a nice spring, but we'll see what he can do in the majors.
    Home away from Home.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    In other KC news, Hideo Nomo gets called up to the major league roster in the bullpen. He had a nice spring, but we'll see what he can do in the majors.
    Is he still pitching?

Hard to believe that it's been more han ten years since he came to LA, Nomo-mania, rookie of the year, shades of Fernando Valenzuela.

Chan Ho Park is back with the Dodgers, I see.

And in San Diego, folks could have left Petco Park in the second inning this afternoon and enjoyed a day of cruising. That's just what Jake Peavy did, seemingly always has, against the Dodgers.

And it's good to see Fox's Game of the Week back from the start of the season. But I'll ask again, FOX, because you control everything. Why a 12:55pm first pitch? That is a strange one.

Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12345122752 ... LastLast