Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123456132853 ... LastLast

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Re: Talkin' Baseball 2008: The Season

Royals salvage the last game of the Minnesota series and comes home with a 4-2 record. Now we have to face the Yankees to open the home schedule.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

And with all due respect, Royalsfan, who ever would have thought that your team would be four games ahead of the Tigers, no matter what time of the season.

It's only the first week, but 0-6 doesn't lie...including a three-game sweep by the White Sox, and a 13-2 embarrassment on Sunday night baseball.

The Angels got hammered by Texas 10-4 at the Big A...the Angels at 4-3.

Milwaukee 7, San Francisco 0...it's now official...its going to be a lonnnggg year at Pac Bell, no SBC, no, A T and T Park...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

So what WAS on Peavys hand yesterday in his win?
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Milwaukee 7, San Francisco 0...it's now official...its going to be a lonnnggg year at Pac Bell, no SBC, no, A T and T Park...
    Awww, and I'm so sad about that one ... (NOT)

I wonder if the Giants will get desperate enough to bring Barry back?

As for my Dodgers, they continue to have a hard time playing in SD, but they got a win yesterday so that's something.

Finally the D Backs Home Opener! Any more D backs fans out there?

Good news we have locked up Chris Young for another 5 years. Soon to be one of the best Center Fielders in baseball.

• Shablagoo!

BAH! Mariners lost again. I am very disappointed.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Royals win the home opener against the Yankees! A-Rod strikes out 4 times. The new scoreboard was AWESOME! All is good in KC.

Trey Hillman is king in the Magic Kingdom (Kauffman Stadium).
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Wonderful World

I went to the Dbacks game tonight and I was sitting in right field. Us Diamondbacks fans went to war with the incredibly annoying Dodger fans there. I never had so much fun barking back and forth with fans before. Its safe to say that us Dback fans won the fight as the team won 10 to 5. It was all in good fun though. Even though those Dodger fans were annoying as hell I've run into a lot worse with Boston and New York. So hats off to LA fans there.

As for this team, this team is good. This team is built to win a world series very very soon. Mark Reynolds is on a absolute tear. This kid is unbelievably strong. He already has 5 homer And most of them were longggggggggg. It seems like this kid can hit a ball 480 feet easily. Its safe to say that our pitching is going to be one of the best in baseball. We have the 1 2 punch of webb and haren. Not to mention Davis (who will be out for a month because he has thyroid cancer) Randy Johnson (if hes healthy) and the best hitter on the team Micah Owings. Put that with the offense of Chris Young, Eric Byrnes, Orlando Hudson, Mark Reynolds,and the very talented Justin Upton, I think its safe to say that the Dbacks are going to be one of the best teams for years to come
    I'm back MiceChat

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I ran the controls at my local affiliate of the Dodgers radio network the last couple of nights. Vin Scully said, in his inimitable fashion, that Reynolds first home run Monday appeared to be "headed for Tombstone" it was hit so far. Tonight (Tuesday) Charlie Steiner I think called it "a gargantuan blast of monstrous proportions."

And what a great story Doug Davis is, pitching as he did tonight less than two days before cancer surgery.

As for the Dodgers...paging Andruw Jones...please pick up the white courtesy phone...

Two blown saves for the Angels, and tonight there wasn't a Torii Hunter homer to save them.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    The new scoreboard was AWESOME! All is good in KC.
    On the radio, Charlie Steiner of the Dodger Network said the same thing about the D-Backs new high-def board in Phoenix. I've yet to see either one.

And while it may be early, too early to panic, there ios some cause for concern to be sure for 0-7 Detroit. A lot of talent there. Now we'll see just how much Jim Leyland has left up his sleeve.

-- Barry

• Shablagoo!

Mariners finally broke that losing streak. Now its time to move on and win some. I am looking forward to this weekend's Angels/Mariners series, Radiobarry. Hopefully by Monday we are still talking to each other.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Mariners finally broke that losing streak. Now its time to move on and win some. I am looking forward to this weekend's Angels/Mariners series, Radiobarry. Hopefully by Monday we are still talking to each other.
    Trust me, melon...I don't take it to such extremes like, for example, those stupid Dodger fans that paintedwindows talked about. After all, it's not as if we're talking about the Yankees here.

• Wonderful World

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I ran the controls at my local affiliate of the Dodgers radio network the last couple of nights. Vin Scully said, in his inimitable fashion, that Reynolds first home run Monday appeared to be "headed for Tombstone" it was hit so far. Tonight (Tuesday) Charlie Steiner I think called it "a gargantuan blast of monstrous proportions."

And what a great story Doug Davis is, pitching as he did tonight less than two days before cancer surgery.

As for the Dodgers...paging Andruw Jones...please pick up the white courtesy phone...

Two blown saves for the Angels, and tonight there wasn't a Torii Hunter homer to save them.
    Yea Jones hasn't done anything for them really. But over the past years his skills have declined.

As for Davis it was great to see him have a good outing before he has surgery. He even went 2 for 2 with a RBI. Even though his cancer is not that serious, cancer is still cancer and what he did was inspiring. After he got through his last inning the crowd gave him a standing ovation and gave him a curtain call. As he was leaving the mound Jeff Kent came over to him and said good luck and god bless. Much respect for Kent to do that.
    I'm back MiceChat

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Royals win again! Zack Greinke pitches a gem and gives KC their 2nd straight win vs. New York and their 6th win of the season!

6-2! Life is good for now here in RoyalLand!
    Home away from Home.

• Shablagoo!

Mariners won again and Shea Stadium got Rick Roll'd. It's been a good couple of days for baseball.

Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123456132853 ... LastLast