Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567142954 ... LastLast

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Talkin' Baseball 2008: The Season

Interesting season to start with. I can't think of many things better than coming home, taking off the work clothes and watching a few innings of a ballgame,,,,,ANY ballgame.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Royals lose the series finale against the Yankees. I may sound bitter because we just lost, but I HATE when everytime A-Rod hits a HR, they show him, Melky Cabrera, and Robinson Cano dancing in the dugout. It looks absolutely stupid.

Oh well, 6-3 isnt bad at all
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    Royals lose the series finale against the Yankees. I may sound bitter because we just lost, but I HATE when everytime A-Rod hits a HR, they show him, Melky Cabrera, and Robinson Cano dancing in the dugout. It looks absolutely stupid.

Oh well, 6-3 isnt bad at all
    Joe Torre isn't there anymore. That may explain the over celebrations. Torre doesn't take crap like that. Act like you've been there before, that's my motto.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Royals offense looks like a dud right now. We've gotta start scoring runs if we want to win consistantly. 6-4 is still good, but we've gotta score runs.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Shablagoo!

Mariners beat the Angels tonight 8-5.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Some of the Mariners are saying it was more than just your usual April game. For them I'm sure it was. Raul Ibanez hit two homers, and King Felix pitched the M's past the Angels in the opener of a three-game series in Seattle, 8-5. Last year, the Angels won 13 of 19 from the Mariners.

The Angels have their troubles right now. Their bullpen, in the recent past a bedrock, so far is more like a crock...with a 7.27 ERA.

With the teams set up as they are right now, the Angels have a real battle on their hands this year in the AL West. Game two of the series, Saturday night at Safeco.

Meantime in LA, the Padres beat the Dodgers 7-5...Jake Peavy over Brad Penny for the second time in six days...after giving up a run, Trevor Hoffman strikes out Jeff Kent with the bases loaded to end it.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• now on the mainland

Hey everyone! Been away for awhile, but its good to be back. Anyways, glad to see that the new season has started. I'm not expecting too much from Oakland this year (and until we get rid of Beane I'm certainly not expecting any WS titles). It was a tough off-season with the loss of Haren and especially Swisher (!@#$ you, Billy Beane!!!) But I can't complain too much. We've won the last four, and are currently sitting on top of the AL West. I'm a realist though, and I don't expect to last much longer. We'll see.
    Some frustrating news I found out: I already knew that Oakland doesn't have a radio affiliate here in Hawaii, but the fact that we're the only team out of 5 California teams that doesn't have a single station broadcasting our games is beyone me. At least I'll be able to watch the A's play the Angels or Dodgers because we do get FSN West.

Hope everyone enjoys the season

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

1 run in 27 inning for my Royals.

We get shutout for the second straight night vs. the Twins. 6-5 now.
    Home away from Home.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Man_In_HI View Post
    Hey everyone! Been away for awhile, but its good to be back. Anyways, glad to see that the new season has started. I'm not expecting too much from Oakland this year (and until we get rid of Beane I'm certainly not expecting any WS titles). It was a tough off-season with the loss of Haren and especially Swisher (!@#$ you, Billy Beane!!!) But I can't complain too much. We've won the last four, and are currently sitting on top of the AL West. I'm a realist though, and I don't expect to last much longer. We'll see.
    You mean to tell me that Mr. Beane is not young phenom genius general manager that can build a champion through stacks of computer stats?

His first deputy, Mr. Di Podesta, was a bust in LA.

Moneyball, indeed.

I am at work tonight, running the controls at our local station in the Dodger radio network. Just now I heard, we'll pause for station identification...and off I went to my trust computer to click our :13 second ID that fits the :15 hole.

Anyway, the Dodgers are blasting the Padres 10-1 in the 6th . Bud Black has already waved the white flag...he's pulled many of his regulars out of the San Diego lineup.

Dodger starter Derek Lowe has two hits and three rbis.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Shablagoo!

Sounds like the M's beat Anahiem again today. I wasn't there for it, but I'll be there tomorrow for game 3.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Sounds like the M's beat Anahiem again today. I wasn't there for it, but I'll be there tomorrow for game 3.
    This just in,...the Angels have issues. Big ones.

The Dodgers now lead 11-1 in the 8th. Easily LA's best game of the season.

I'm getting paid by the hour to run these games. And the Padres are now swinging at every first pitch it seems.

The Dodgers second baseman is named Chin Wong Hu (sp?)

So every time he comes to bat at Dodger Stadium, guess what song they play on the PA.

Of course. "Who Are You...Who Who, Who Who"...by the Who. Cute.
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 04-12-2008 at 08:38 PM.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Mariners 8, Angels 3 - final.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    This just in,...the Angels have issues. Big ones.

The Dodgers now lead 11-1 in the 8th. Easily LA's best game of the season.
    And it's now a final...the Dodgers and Derek Lowe breeze past San Diego at Chavez Ravine, 11-1.

-- Barry

• Goofy

alright dodgers. but winning games is not easy for sure.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

The Royals salvage the last game of the Minnesota series, 5-1. Brian Bannister pitched a gem and is now 3-0 with a 0.86 ERA!

We now head to Seattle for a short two-game set.
    Home away from Home.

• now on the mainland

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    You mean to tell me that Mr. Beane is not young phenom genius general manager that can build a champion through stacks of computer stats?

His first deputy, Mr. Di Podesta, was a bust in LA.

Moneyball, indeed.
    No kidding, right? A lot of A's fans defend him because we've had some winning seasons and made it to the post-season several times. But what good is it when you're never a serious contender for the WS, and with the exception of '06, never even get past the ALDS?

BTW- Our 5 game streak just ended. Its now on to Chicago.

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567142954 ... LastLast