Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 26414849505152535461 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Talkin' Baseball 2008: The Season

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    Royals win against Minnesota. This was KC's 17th win in the month of September. Chicago also lost so no change in the central standings.
    And the Royals win again, 4-2. Guess somebody forgot to read the script to them!

At least two races headed to the last day, and it again looks very much like we will have Monday action.

Baseball!

And I sure hope that Lackey was just getting a bad one out of his system last night...

Congratulations to RDF for being a real dedicated fan, all season long, no matter what the standings said.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

How did the Dodgers win the West? I know it's a weak division, and I lnow Manny is hitting lights out. Remember, I left on a trip not long after they were swept by Washington. And regained consciousness, for all intents and purposes, about two weeks ago.

Seems ludicrous, but it's true - the Dodgers, the way they are playing right now, could go into Chicago or wherever and be a real pain in the neck.

I still despise Mr. Ramirez. If you want me to explain why again, I will.

And are the Angels getting Boston again in round one? That's a real treat for having the best record.

I wish the first round was best-pf-seven, It is a truer test and more incentive for the team with home field.

Or, if it stays as is, the lowest seeded team in round one should get only one home game.

The ramblings of a fan just out of the hospital....
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    And the Royals win again, 4-2. Guess somebody forgot to read the script to them!

At least two races headed to the last day, and it again looks very much like we will have Monday action.

Baseball!

And I sure hope that Lackey was just getting a bad one out of his system last night...

Congratulations to RDF for being a real dedicated fan, all season long, no matter what the standings said.
    Thanks Barry! Gil Meche earns his 14th win. Only the second Royal within the last 6 years to win at least 14 in a season (Paul Byrd had 17 in 02'). Joakim Soria gets his 42nd save.

Chicago is losing at the moment so both the Tribe and Royals playing spoiler this weekend Should be interesting how things play out tomarrow.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Royals lose the final game of the 08 season 6-0 to Minnesota. We finish the year 75-87 4th place for now (if Detroit wins tomarrow, they gain 4th place). Still an improvement fans want to see. Hopefully we're in the mix next season!

Twins win
    White Sox win, so now Chicago plays a makeup game tomarrow against Detroit to see who wins the Central.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

And again Mets fans are looking for bridges to jump off of.

The Brewers beat the Cubs on a late homer, and on an almot surreal last day at Shea, the Marlins beat the Mets with two late homers.

Somewhere, Willie Randolph must be busting out a big smile.

So in the NL....Dodgers-Cubs starting Wednesday at Wrigley...

and Brewers-Phillies.

American League - Red Sox-Angels (again)....and Tampa Bay versus the Chicago-Minnesota winner, which might not be determined until Tuesday night.

-- Barry

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

This just in...

In an absolutely shocking move, Tommy Lasorda predicted that the Dodgers will beat the Cubs, and anyone else after that, on their way to another World Series title.

Speaking with pastorial zeal before a crowd at Dodger Stadium tonight...Lasorda also revealed that he hates the Giants, and the that the only angels are in heaven, and are ex-Dodgers.

No comment from either the McCain or Obama campaigns on this latest turn of events.

The Dodgers are having their pre-playoff rally, before a reported 10,000 fans. The Angels free rally is Monday night.

More as it becomes available.

• Shablagoo!

Mariners sweep the A's today to end the season. Shame the Mariners did not play this well earlier in the season. I will post more in the Melonballer and Mariners thread. BTW Mariner season opener in Seattle is against the Angels.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I won't make any predictions.

I am surprised that the White Sox still have some hope. There are many in Chicago, who would still like to see a crosstown classic. I guess the Californians have that as a real possibility.

That's why they play the game. For us to watch, worry, speculate, and enjoy.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I won't make any predictions.

I am surprised that the White Sox still have some hope. There are many in Chicago, who would still like to see a crosstown classic. I guess the Californians have that as a real possibility.

That's why they play the game. For us to watch, worry, speculate, and enjoy.
    I guess that Mother Nature isn't ready for the regular season to end, with a current rain delay in Chicago.

The Sox will have quite the gauntlet to run to get in the playoffs...win today, beat Minnesota tomorrow, then play at St. Pete on Wednesday if they do...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Chicago White Sox are in the playoffs. I watched the game tonite, and it was great to see Chicago sports fans celebrating because their team won.

I am not one of those, fans of the Cubs, that hates the Sox. Granted, if we both manage to make it to the World Series, my team is the Cubs.

Baseball is a game to be enjoyed. Playoff baseball can break your heart sometimes, and all I can do is, Go All In, with my heart and enjoy the ride.

• Circle of Ancients

I'm like you Barbaraann ... I will be rooting for both the Dodgers and Angels. If they should both get to the series I'll be rooting for the Dodgers.

If neither of them do, I'll be rooting for the Cubs.

If neither the Cubs, Dodgers or Angels are in the Series ... I'll be kinda sad to be honest. Eh, maybe I can stand the Rays I guess ... er ... I guess anybody but the Red Sox will do.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

I'll mostly be rooting for the Angels this postseason.

Phillies vs. Angels is my WS prediction. GO ANGELS!
    Home away from Home.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Phillies won their first game this afternoon against the Milwaukee Brewers. The score Phillies 3 Milwaukee 1.

Next up - Cubs and Dodgers at Wrigley Field. Am I ready for some baseball? You bet I am.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

A stinging game one defeat at home for the Angels. Boston 4, Angels 1.

Can I say it now? At least at this stage of his career, Big Daddy Vlad Guerrero is OVER-RATED. He wears the horns for this loss. In the first inning he killed a rally with a first-pitch popup, then that terrible baserunnning blunder that killed another rally.

Lackey pitched well enough...and from what I could tell, the crowd was great. But it wasn't enough. Credit to the Red Sox.

-- Barry

• Senior Minion

Was it me, or does Guerrero wear a hearing aid in his right ear? He had something stuck in there...

Let's go Red Sox! Although the odds are long and thin against, I'd love to see a Red Sox - Dodgers World Series, if only to see the "welcome" Manny would get back in Fenway.