• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

SIVault - Have You Seen It Yet?

I received an email the other day regarding the debut of the SIVault. The main feature is an archive of the past issues of Sports Illustrated. THey also have wiki's available for various aspects of the sports world.

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: SIVault - Have You Seen It Yet?

I have. It's fabulous. You can read virtually any article in the magazine dating back to its birth in 1954. I've been an SI subscriber for years not for its news content so much...magazines by their nature can't compete with newspapers, TV and now the Internet in that regard.

But when it comes to brilliant writing and photography, a weekly like that provides depth, perspective and a different look.

I could spend hours in that vault without coming up for air. I bought my first issues with saved-up allowance in the mid-60's...what a thrill to see those same pieces and experience them all over again. For anyone doing research on sports figures and events of the last half of the 20th Century up til now, this is invaluable. Great move, SI.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.