• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

All-Star Game Headed Back To "Big A"

This has to be a first...Major League Baseball's All-Star game being played for the third time in the same place, with three different stadium configurations. In any event, it's coming back to Anaheim.

ANAHEIM -- The Angels, Major League Baseball and the city of Anaheim are set to announce on Wednesday that Angel Stadium will be the host of the 2010 All-Star Game.

It will be the fourth time the game will be played in the Los Angeles area since the Dodgers moved from Brooklyn to Los Angeles in 1958, and the first time it's to be played in Southern California since San Diego hosted in 1992. The 2010 game is scheduled to be played on July 13. The Angels, who expanded into the American League in 1961, have hosted the game twice, in 1967 and 1989. It'll be a first for the club, though, under the ownership of Arte Moreno, who purchased the team from Disney five years ago.
    In 1967, the game was played at then-Anaheim Stadium, in its second year of existence. The National League won in 15 innings.

In '89, the stadium was in its football enclosed days, when Bo Jackson hit that mammoth homer that I think wound up in Fullerton. The AL won that night.

And now, they'll play in "Angel Stadium" in its once-again mostly-baseball setup.

Interesting that this will be the Angels third time to host, but the game's been at Dodger Stadium only once.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: All-Star Game Headed Back To "Big A"

Awesome. I sure hope to land some tickets. At least for the pre-allstar festivities.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: All-Star Game Headed Back To "Big A"

This is great news! I guess it'll be time to start saving for this now. LOL

What a coincidence though. I was just thinking last night how it's about time the Angels hosted the ASG again -- its been awhile.