Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Lakers vs. Celtics: NBA Finals

Who do you think is gonna win this rivalry that hasn't taken place for 21 years?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Lakers vs. Celtics: NBA Finals

LAKERS!!!! Woot

• Animation Domination

Lakers
    It's all about Kobe Bryant MVP!!!!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I think the Celtics are going to win, doesn't mean I want them too. I haven't been interested in basketball for years, this is finally getting me enthused about the series.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Used to be a big-time Lakers fan, from the pain of losing almost every year to Bill Russell and company in the 60's, though the great Bird-Johnson matchups in the 80's.

I'm no longer a Laker fan but I don't think I could ever root for the Celtics.

Times change, but isn't it funny - now the Celtics have a relatively new and modern arena, with all the advertising, video boards, even dancing girls.

All the things a Celtic fan friend of mine once criticized as "the Lakers L.A. thing".

Make no mistake, for better or worse, the "TD Banknorth Garden" is no "Boston Garden". Not by a long shot.

-- Barry

PS - The Lakers have the team of the future in the NBA, but for this season - I've got the Celtics in seven. And they have won game 1, by the way.

I wouldn't mind being wrong in that pick, as I usually am.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I'm still pulling for the Lakers. If they had beaten the Celtics in game 1, I'd feel much more confident right now. All I know is that it seems that the last few championships have not been easy for the Lakers, even with Kobe and Shaq standing side by side. The Celtics have incredible talent, but they've ALMOST thrown it away multiple times during the playoffs. The Lakers, on the other hand, adjusted to the Jazz and came out and shut them down. Also, the Celtics have been a horrible road team during the playoffs as well.

So....we'll see. Wether Auerbach admitted it or not, Phil Jackson seems to know what he's doing, and even though I thought it was impossible a few months ago, the Lakers are back in the Finals.

Game on!

(I'm pulling for Lakers in 7 with a Derek Fisher miracle shot at the buzzer.)

• Circle of Ancients

The lakers played like crap yesterday, and still almost won.

Kobe couldn't get going in the first half, they couldn't rebound if their live depended on it and they turned the ball over at crucial times in the 4th quarter.

They'll the okay.

With that said, I REALLY like Kevin Garnett (one of my favorite players since he came in the league) and Paul Piece (I respect a guy who stays with his team through thick and thin and doesn't demand a trade when things get rough **cough**Kobe**cough**).

But I still can't root for the celtics, I want the lakers to win.

But if the celtics do win, I can be happy for KG and Pierce.

Blog Entries

I am a big Laker fan but I still respect the Celtics as a team and would be cheering for them if they were going up against anybody else. Last night's game was a disappointment, they sucked going to the boards and it just seemed like they couldn't sink any of their shots.

What the heck happened with Pierce last night? Did he really get hurt or was he just being dramatic like they all do at times?

I still say Lakers in 6.

• Animation Domination

Sir Clinksalot Wrote:

The lakers played like crap yesterday, and still almost won.
    Tell me about it they miss almost every shot in the 4th quarter.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by nursemelis374 View Post
    I am a big Laker fan but I still respect the Celtics as a team and would be cheering for them if they were going up against anybody else. Last night's game was a disappointment, they sucked going to the boards and it just seemed like they couldn't sink any of their shots.

What the heck happened with Pierce last night? Did he really get hurt or was he just being dramatic like they all do at times?

I still say Lakers in 6.
    Ha Ha, that's what I was thinking. Some, not all, have to be drama queens.

Lakers played good, not their best. There were some bad ref calls, IMO.

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I think the Celtics are going to win, doesn't mean I want them too. I haven't been interested in basketball for years, this is finally getting me enthused about the series.
    I'm not either... but I love to watch Ray Allen. After Gary Payton (the glove) left Seattle I faltered on B-ball watching, (still love playing though)

GO CELTICS!!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

I find it funny how the same crowd that was chanting "Kobe Sucks" last night, were chanting "MVP" for Kobe last year...
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• Goofy

ah die hard fans. lol.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

When this whole thing is over, and if the Lakers don't turn around in a dramatic way and win 3 and 4, I'm putting the loss of this championship on Phil Jackson. Can someone please explain to me WHY he left his bench playing 3 minutes into the second quarter with Paul Pierce out there? That cost them the lead AND momentum, AND dug them into an 8 point hole. His bench bricked every single shot and got NO offensive rebounds. And HOW many turnovers in a row was that? Three? Four?

That guy needs to spend less time meditating and more time watching the freaking game!

I've seen the Lakers come from behind before, but once the confidence is up with the Celtics, you can pretty much kiss the game goodbye. They NEEDED to win tonight. I have a nasty feeling they'll be headed back to Boston down 3-1.

But the game is not over yet. Anything could happen.....right?

• Circle of Ancients

^ That was my thing too. I don't get why you have 5 reserves out there when your down 10, 12, 15 points. I know you have your "Rotation" but this is the Finals. If your starting 5 can't handle playing 48 minutes, they don't deserve to be there.

Not that the starting 5 is playing worth a damn anyway.

The 1st half of the game was probably one of THE WORST officiated halves I've ever seen, but there is no reason the lakers should be down 20 points. They are just playing like crap. And Boston is DEFINITELY the better team right now.

Also, they can't go back to Boston down 3-1 ... the next 3 games are in LA.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast