Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Disney Memory Maker

Re: I am having a rollercoaster tycoon 2 problem with the guests.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    I have this problem too, along with trash everywhere. I would hire tons of janitors, but still they never seem to clean enough, even when I mark their paths.
    Do you have trash cans on the pathways?
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    Do you have trash cans on the pathways?
    Yep, like crazy. Even in the lines.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Waiting for the stork

for the lost guests offer park maps for free at kioses every few intersctions of pathways.

as was suggested before keep pathways to no more than double wide and make specific paths for things...Ie food courts I place planters in the middle (with walking space between) but each food stand has it's own path (only 1-2 spaces deep...keep it all close)

for the messy paths do you have security?

I give my security and Janitors ver small patrol areas....and Hire a lot...my average is 1 security gard for every 2-3 janitors covering the same area....ie: janitor 1 area A Janitor 2 area B Janitor 3 area C (very small areas connecting with a little overlap) security gaurd 1 area ABC seems to work well for me.

hope that helps.
    procrastibating

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Oh yeah I have a handyman problem too. Some janitors I hired to just water flowers and I would mark their areas around the flowers that I would want them to water. the problem is, that they keep walking out of their patrol areas! So I just fired them and let the rain take care of the flowers LOL. Hey im going to send some of my images with the path problem to ask mike and see if he can post them on here.

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Oh yeah I have a handyman problem too. Some janitors I hired to just water flowers and I would mark their areas around the flowers that I would want them to water. the problem is, that they keep walking out of their patrol areas! So I just fired them and let the rain take care of the flowers LOL. Hey im going to send some of my images with the path problem to ask mike and see if he can post them on here.
    I think that's the problem I have, too. Even if you mark the areas where they are supposed to work, they always wonder off elsewhere. Any ideas why they wonder off like this?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    I think that's the problem I have, too. Even if you mark the areas where they are supposed to work, they always wonder off elsewhere. Any ideas why they wonder off like this?

They're stupid. LOL

I have no problems with them wondering off of the paths that I have them control, it's just the areas on the grass that I have them patrol that somehow make them want to wonder off.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I just sent some images to askmike, so hopefully he can find out what is wrong with the paths in my park and hopefully offer suggestions. Maybe this might help other people out who are facing the same problems that I am.

• Disney Memory Maker

Here are Disney_Wrassler's screenshots...

Are the complaining guests all in one area of the park (and if so, where) or are they spread throughout? Also (if you can) take a screenshot like this (except zoomed out more and hide the trees and landscaping)
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Yeah they are spread throughout the park.

I will send you pics with out scenery in a few minutes.

• Disney Memory Maker

Here are some more of Disney_Wrassler's screenshots...

Here's my advice...I don't know what paths you need, but I'd try and get rid of some of them (especially the ones that are loops). Any path that you don't need (if it can be taken out and still have everything in your park connected) than get rid of it. Although in real life it would make sence to have many paths, it does not make sense to the AI (which just picks random directions)

• That's Hawt

Ok, I don't know but I NEVER have this problem! i think it may be because you have such HUGE stretches of nothing. Don't make loops because they confuse the peeps and I have one janitor for every 15 spaces of path.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Okay, I have 2 more questions...

1) Why do my guests complain that their are no food & drink stalls and bathrooms when I have hundreds of them spread throughout the park? I have never needed to put as many in any other parks and no one complained then. The prices are free for everything. and this started up when my park turned 20.

2) is there any way I can import any of my CD music into the game without ruining the game?

• That's Hawt

You know, I don't have these problems ... I wonder if it might be because your park is so old? I only keep mine alive for 25-30 years tops, so I don't know if thats where your problem is or what.
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    You know, I don't have these problems ... I wonder if it might be because your park is so old? I only keep mine alive for 25-30 years tops, so I don't know if thats where your problem is or what.

Well I have a park that is 50 years old and it does not have this problem.

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Well I have a park that is 50 years old and it does not have this problem.
    My guess then would be that it is they layout of your paths, additionally, peeps don't like to walk huge distances between attractions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast