Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I am having a rollercoaster tycoon 2 problem with the guests.

I am having a rollercoaster tycoon 2 problem with the guests. In one of my parks the guests keep getting lost or stuck. So I re-did some paths, put in more info koisks and even built 4 observation towers (I thought they were meant to help guests find out where other attractions were?) but that did not help, they still complain. Then in the same park, when it turned 20, out of no-where the guests started to complain about not being able to find bathrooms and food and drink stalls (If they can't find any then they are stupid because I have so many of them scattered around the park. So I got frustrated and lined up 15 plus food and drink stalls, souveneir stalls, and bathrooms right next to each other in two areas of the park and opened them. No luck there, they still complain.

Can anyone help me out?

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: I am having a rollercoaster tycoon 2 problem with the guests.

Maybe you have too many paths? Can you create a central path that everything branches from?

Add signage too!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Disney Memory Maker

Are you charging for the kiosks, observation towers, etc? These people who are complaining might not have any money to utilise them.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I can try, but smack dab in the middle of the park is a mountain so I built paths going around it rather than through it. Do you think I should build paths going through it?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    Are you charging for the kiosks, observation towers, etc? These people who are complaining might not have any money to utilise them.

No I am not. My park in crisis has no admission fees and no fees for anything else in the park. every thing is free to the guests.

• Disney Memory Maker

Do you have a screenshot? If not, take one (zoom out so you can see most of the park and press the 'print screen' key on your keyboard...paste that into paint and save it) and it might make it easier to see if there is a path problem.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Can I send it to you in a private message?

I will send a few to show you the paths and all. What format should the image be in (jpg, gif, etc.)?

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Can I send it to you in a private message?

I will send a few to show you the paths and all. What format should the image be in (jpg, gif, etc.)?
    Sure. Jpg would probably be the best. Do you know how/where to upload it? If not, see the second half of this post.

-Michael

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Yes I do. The park in question is on my other computer. So what I do is load my images onto my Flash program and convert them into GIF's and JPG's from there. Then I put them on a floppy and load them onto this computer. Then I send them as attachments in emails. I hope that's what you mean. Let me check out the link you sent.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Yes I do. The park in question is on my other computer. So what I do is load my images onto my Flash program and convert them into GIF's and JPG's from there. Then I put them on a floppy and load them onto this computer. Then I send them as attachments in emails. I hope that's what you mean. Let me check out the link you sent.
    Sure, you can email them as attachments or post them in PMs. Whatever is easier for you.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I just saw your link. I am not sure if I can do my images that way since my other computer does not have the internet. I can try posting a link of the images on this computer onto this thread. But the link would lead to somewhere either in my documents or my desktop and I do not know if someone can 'hijack" anything on my computer or get any of my personal information. So I do not know if sending a link would be good in this situation.

Perhaps if I send the images to you, maybe you can somehow post them on micechat for others to look at?

• Disney Memory Maker

So email me the pictures (as attachments) and I can post them in this thread if you'd like.

-Michael

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    Sure, you can email them as attachments or post them in PMs. Whatever is easier for you.
    Thanks.

I will send them by the end of today because I have to go take care of some business right now.

Thanks for offering the time to help me out.

I think you will also enjoy the pictures because I LOVE to heavily theme the areas.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

The Peep (Guest) AI is not very complicated:

How it works, is that if a specific guest approches an intersection (where 3 or more pathways intersect), it chooses a direction at random, unless heading for a specific attraction. Generally, only use no-more than double wide paths, and 3+ wide paths cause circling. As well, avoid dead-end, and U shaped pathways, as these confuse the very simplistic AI.

Guest AI has NOTHING to do with height (such as 'seeing' a ride), and very little to do with maps (except for heading to a particular attraction). A guest that wants to leave will attempt the same path that a guest without a map will. When wanting a specfic food/drink, look at weather conditions, as they have a large impact (no one iwill want coffee in a hot climate). As well, avoid placing stalls at corners. DO place stalls near the exit of rides, and at the back side of large pathways.
    -Monorail Man

• /sigh

I have this problem too, along with trash everywhere. I would hire tons of janitors, but still they never seem to clean enough, even when I mark their paths.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast