Thread: LG Chocolate

• Clearing my Calendar

LG Chocolate

I've done a general google search, but I'm fairly certain I don't know what I'm looking for. Where else to turn that MiceChat?

Recently my boss confiscated her son's LG Chocolate (LG-VX8500) for my use as our business phone. I don't know how long he had it. I've been experiencing a lot of issues with the battery sustaining life beyond a day even though I don't use any of the extra features beyond the phone (I read that the battery gets zapped because of the music, pictures, etc.) and the phone will randomly shut down.

Some of the time when it randomly shuts down, it's when I've ended a call and slide the phone back into it's normal position. I thought maybe ending the call that way had something to do with it so I switched the function over to ending a call only by pushing the end button, but it will still sometimes shut down when a call is ended.

The rest of the time, it randomly shuts down when it's just sitting there. This has caused a lot of ruckus between my boss and me when she's tried to get a hold of me and it's off unbeknownst to me. I called technical support and they "reprogrammed" it remotely, but it did it again.

I'm well aware that the best option is for me to go into the store. As I was just in there about a month or so ago for my previous phone, I don't want to have to go in again just yet. I'll probably go in later in the week when I have less on my plate at work.

In the meantime, is there any documented evidence that this is a problem with this phone so I can send it to my boss and get her off my back? I'm not sure she believes me when I say it's the phone (I once overslept and she's never let me live that down).

Any help would be appreciated!
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Minion

Re: LG Chocolate

I had that phone before I got my Samsung glyde. For a while I liked the chocolate, but then I had problems with the touch buttons being pushed in and doing all sorts of weird things by itself. It sounds like your end button is pushed in and is turning it off by itself. Either you can get a new one under warrenty or use a different phone. As far as battery life if you press "Menu" then press "0" an access code dialog box will pop up. The password is 000000000, iunno how many 0's but it's all 0. There's an option in there somewhere to turn it from a hybrid/digital or whatever to 1X only. If you turn it to 1X only it'll shut off the service looking for get it now stuff and it will save your battery.