• Yeah.....

Sad Help With Youtube Please!

I just uploaded a trip report video of Universal Studios that I was gonna put in the "other parks" board that had an accompanying song to go with it. Well, after it loaded on Youtube, I was slapped with a copyright infringement and all the audio was stripped from my video. I don't understand this because I can find tons of videos just like mine with a separate audio track as well as audio from the video. Any suggestions besides using "audio swap" because that's not the effect I intended. Or if nothing can be done, is there another site where I can host a video with a high quality outcome?

Any help is appreciated, Thank You!

• Minion

Re: Help With Youtube Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
    I just uploaded a trip report video of Universal Studios that I was gonna put in the "other parks" board that had an accompanying song to go with it. Well, after it loaded on Youtube, I was slapped with a copyright infringement and all the audio was stripped from my video. I don't understand this because I can find tons of videos just like mine with a separate audio track as well as audio from the video. Any suggestions besides using "audio swap" because that's not the effect I intended. Or if nothing can be done, is there another site where I can host a video with a high quality outcome?

Any help is appreciated, Thank You!
    They've just started this recently. It's easier to find videos that they already have to translate into their filetype than having to go back and search through their archives, right?

Try hulu? I can't think of many other video sharing websites other than that, google it?

Try Vimeo, Video Sharing For You
    I'm not sure how strict they are about copyrights.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

The song was probably from another artist, and RIAA was making a blanket "Copyright!!" shotgun claim. Sound about right?

THe easiest option is using some 'Copyright Free' music, usually older classical music that is Public Domain, and where you pay $20 for the CD and have paid the performance rights.

Or you can call/write Universal Studios and ask them if they have any problems with using a song that they own the rights to, usually a Universal movie soundtrack song. They might have suggestions, and send you a nice clearance and rights letter for a very nominal ($1) "Royalty Payment". After all, they are getting free advertising from your video, right?

If that doesn't work, try Shame - put the video up with a nice talking soundtrack to accompany it - "I was going to use (name of the song) in the background, but (Insert record company name here) made a copyright claim and forced me to take it down. That's (Spell out the name) records, folks! Be sure to remember that the next time you go out to buy your next CD!"

Seems like the RIAA is out to kill their remaining business any way they can. And it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

An option that might work is to find some nice Creative Commons-licensed music that would be appropriate for your video. Of course if you go this route you're very unlikely to find songs with that recognition factor if that's what you're after. (I'm not one to scrounge around for music online thanks to dialup, so I dunno what's all available and such.)