Looking for good point and shoot (Must fit in pocket)

I am looking to get a good point and shoot camera but after having various cameras in the past I know that it needs to fit in my pocket in order for us to keep it with us all the time. The larger camera took great pictures but we often left it behind just because it was too big to carry around.

Current camera is a Panasonic Lumix DMZ-LZ7 (7.2mp, 6x optical zoom), features for new camera would ideally include: fast shutter response, zoom while recording video, 10x-12x optical zoom, and of course great photos! The uses for this camera are for general photography (mostly vacations) as well as video of sporting events. I am starting to play around with having large prints made but everything has a large enough pixel count nowadays to accomodate that.

I am looking at cameras like the Canon Powershot SX200 IS (which is not out yet), the Panasonic Lumix ZS1 (also not out yet), Olympus Stylus 9000, etc.

Edit: Wow there are a lot of cameras just coming out in this category, Samsung just announced the HZ15W (12mp, 10x zoom). How to choose?

Does anyone have any recommendations for something in this class? It really all starts to blur after a while. Again nothing with a larger camera body and should be under $400.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Skawt; 02-25-2009 at 03:50 PM.
    Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

Re: Looking for good point and shoot (Must fit in pocket)

Well after looking at all the choice I think I am going to pre-order the Canon Powershot SX200 IS.

I was hoping to have a new camera to take with me to Disneyland March 18-19 but at least I should have it to take to WDW in May.

I will post some kind of review once I get it.
    Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Canons are good. My first digicam was a Canon. I still have it even though it's a little brick.

I currently use a Kodak EasyShare. It's small and takes pretty good pics.

• Circle of Ancients

We've had about 3 Sony point and shoot cameras, that fit in pockets, and have been happy with all of them. Plus the fact that most times the memory card can be used in the new camera helps.