I am hoping someone here can advise me on how to solve a very odd problem.
I have U Verse for my internet, with a laptop connected via wireless and a desktop via ethernet.
The laptop works fine, as I am using it now. I can use it to connect either via wireless or ethernet.
The desktop however has an odd problem. When I try to connect via the same ethernet I've always used (and the same I used with the laptop) I cannot access anything on the net.
There is a connection. When I test the connection it works fine. It runs the automatic windows update fine and downloads files. Same with Quickbooks update, Apple Software updates, etc.
On the other hand when I try to access via any web browser, I get an error of no connection. It seems any time the system attempts an HTTP connection I get an error. Some of the updates also have this problem when they try to download files, though the check is fine (perhaps this is an FTP issue).
I've tried doing a complete resest to default on Windows Firewall (I've even tried turning it off entirely). I've also done the full rest on Internet Explorer.
I've run antivirus and spyware scans.
I consider myself pretty savy when it comes to computers but this one has me stumped. I can't figure out for the life of me what is blocking me from http access.