New Disney Iphone app, looks nice

For those of you that have an iPhone, Ive been using an app called "Got Plans" for Disneyland that has a map of the park, GPS, and line wait times. It was kinda cool but a bit cumbersome with the way it was layed out. Just saw a newer one called "Disneyland iGuide Walkee" that came out a couple days ago. This one is much nicer and does the same things with the line wait time, but for me is much easier to use. Just thought I put the info out there if anyone uses those kinds of things like me and my wife do. There said to be looking into a DCA one too, that would be nice.

• "I Break Things"

Re: New Disney Iphone app, looks nice

Due to wait times I am assuming these are disney released apps... how accurate is the wait times?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

no, its wait times submited by riders that have the app and just waited in line. they were pretty accurate yesterday when i used it. Someone said they just waited in Splash for 20 min, we went right over and waited 25 min. But its all user based info, so you would want someone in the park to also be using it. But concidering it came out 3 days ago and is already #32 on the Travel apps for App Store it seems like it will be catching on.

• no flash photography...

wait times vary from right on to totally off. I think they are off more than they are on.

Quote Originally Posted by marty084 View Post
    But concidering it came out 3 days ago and is already #32 on the Travel apps for App Store it seems like it will be catching on.
    umm, it came out at least a month or so ago.
    Last edited by SCUBAbe; 06-01-2009 at 07:41 PM.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Due to wait times I am assuming these are disney released apps... how accurate is the wait times?
    About as accurate as our info board wait times? Aka: not at all? lol - one time I called for wait times and the skip transferred my call to Florida. I was arguing with the guy over whether or not Jungle had a Fastpass queue for 5 minutes before I realized what had happened and got them to transfer me back to California. Nothing like a good Jungle prank on my 2nd shift ever.

Anywho -ON topic: this sounds like a pretty cool idea for an APP. How much does it cost?
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post

Anywho -ON topic: this sounds like a pretty cool idea for an APP. How much does it cost?
    I think it was 2.99, but not sure. i got it a while ago.

yesterday it said indy had a 15 min wait. i got there and it was 45 minutes. the first time I used it it said peter pan had a 10 minute wait. We went to ride it and it was at the 1 hour mark. I try to update it when I'm in the park, but I usually forget. the wait times are not very accurate though. I think only once it was close and it was for nemo.

However, the posted wait times for the rides were right on. I never time them, but someone I was with was.
    Last edited by SCUBAbe; 06-01-2009 at 07:54 PM. Reason: oh no's spell check stopped working and I can't type well.

• Counting the days!

must go installlll!

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    umm, it came out at least a month or so ago.
    "Got Plans" came out then...."Disneyland iGuide Walkee" came out 3 days ago and thats the app I said was better and way more polished than the first one. One thing that makes it better for the line wait times is you have to be in the park to post times...Ive witnessed people outside the park post times "for fun" with the got plans app, you can not do this with the "DL iGuide Walkee" app. Its at least worth a look at if you liked the "Got Plans" app and felt there were alot of steps to get things done, felt the line times were off, or just wanted an app that is more polished with an easier interface. Its at the App Store but you can check out a more detailed write up on it at the website Tap Banana | Headline Apps and Main Attractions for Your iPhone

well, that will teach me to skim.....yes, got plans is not accurate, but it is easy to use. I will have to check out the other one.

• Down Pluto!

Great.

As if there are not enough guests stumbling around the park eyes glued to their phones rather than watching where they are going...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.