Thread: Palm Pre

• Ravenclaw

Palm Pre

Does anyone on here actually have one? I've read the reviews from Engadget and Gizmodo...and I to play with one at the Sprint store. For me, the service through Sprint is currently better than through ATT, plus the plans are cheaper. But how is the hardware holding up?
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Palm Pre

I'm loving mine. Only having three launcher pages is annoying, but that is my biggest complaint as of now. There are only a few applications as of now, but the SDK is expected to have a public release at the end of the summer.

• Ravenclaw

So how easy was it to sync up your contacts and such?
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Does it still use the old Palm OS for contacts, memos, calendar and to do lists? If not, did it import cleanly?
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Exprmnt626 View Post
    So how easy was it to sync up your contacts and such?
    Syncing is only done once and was easy but a little odd. I had to send all of my contacts and calendar from Palm Desktop to Address Book and iCal (I'm using a Mac). After doing that I was able to sync those two with the Pre.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Does it still use the old Palm OS for contacts, memos, calendar and to do lists? If not, did it import cleanly?
    Palm OS is completely gone, but an emulator is available. The calendar sync was not the cleanest. I had some items in my Treo marked as day events that ended up being ascribed to several days. This may be because of what I described above as Palm Desktop never seemed to like Mac OS X all that much.

I did not sync my old memos and had nothing in my to do list. I am not sure if this is possible in a straightforward manner. I believe one of the few official apps does address the desire to sync up with a computer on a broader and more routine basis.

Contacts synced very well with maybe one or two duplicates, but that was me not including last names, etc. The biggest issue I had with contacts was that syncing with my Gmail accounts added a lot of useless contacts. That said, unlike my old Treos, which would create duplicates and undelete contacts when I synced with Palm Desktop, I have not had any deleted contacts or duplicates.

• Cars Land Rocks!

I've had a Palm Treo 650 forever, and have been thinking about getting the Pre. I have 4 friends who have one now. I finally held one of my friend's Pre last week and it was smaller then I thought it was. I'm still debating if I want to get one or not, but I'm certainly ready to loose the Treo.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

It's small but I think it feels just great in my hands. The keyboard is a little smaller than on the Treos, but I had no problem switching (and I have big hands).