Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I'm addicted! - To my iPod Touch.

I bought an iPod touch over the weekend, and I am addicted to it. I have had so much fun putting music, photos, and free applications on it. I remember when we bought my grandson one. I thought that you had to sign up for the internet. What did I know about WiFi? Absolutely nothing. I guess I have it in my house, and I wasn't aware of it. Well my grandson insisted that there are many applications that you don't pay for and you can go on the internet with it as well. I didn't believe him, but of course, he's a teenager, and they know everything. Well everything, at least about what's cool and new in the iPod industry.

So after I made my purchase, my grandson came over and started up my iPod Touch for me. I dragged out all the music CD's in the house and I loaded them up in iTunes. I figured out, all on my own, that I could pick and choose which ones to "sync" to the iPod. I learned what sync meant, when I first bought my smaller iPod Nano, which just has 500 of my favorite "mostly Disney" Songs on it.

Well I was ready for a new iPod, mostly because I was noticing just how much fun my grandson was having with his iTouch. I bought the smallest one, and it is absolutely perfect for the amount of songs, pictures, and applications that I will store on it.

Now I should be finishing up a household project that I started a few days ago, but instead I have been playing games. The applications are fun to try out, and if you don't like them you can delete them.

I even figured out how to put a MiceChat bookmark on there. Of course if I ever posted on there, on any regular basis, I'd go blind. However, it was so cool realizing that I did that, and all on my own.

I grew up in the 50's, and I never would have ever thought that such technology would ever exist. My new iPod, was an early birthday present to myself. Money well spent.

Like I said, I'm addicted to my iPod Touch. The only reason that I'm not on it now, is because it needs a charge, and I really should get back to my project.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: I'm addicted! - To my iPod Touch.

Welcome to the 21st, Barbaraann! I love my iPhone.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I'm an iTouch addict as well. They are too fun! I bought mine back in November and thought, "I'll never use this."

It has paid for itself in a short time. I don't even listen to commercial radio any more. And podcasts? I listen to twenty a week!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'll finally be getting my iPhone within the next 3 weeks. I'm already making a list of the apps I want to download. Yesterday, I was playing with a friend's iPhone and she has the Mr. Poot app. It's totally stupid and pointless, but I'll be damned if I wasn't laughing my tail off. Doesn't take much to amuse me sometimes.

• Characters are my friends

I agree, I love the Touch! Now if only I had AT&T, I would get the IPhone in a heartbeat.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i never thought i'd use my iPhone as much as i do...its amazing, and i don't even have any of my music on it! that's still all on my iPod! lol
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• we jumped out a window

Congratulations on your purchase, Barbaraann!

I've made a few posts here from my ipod touch and even though you can enlarge the screen by "pulling" the screen in opposite directions with 2 fingers or thumbs, it's still really cumbersome to do so.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday!

I am totally happy with my iPod Classic. It's got the largest hard drive and I have tons of stuff on there...movies, photos, podcasts, music, a few games and some tv shows. On trips I have used it as a backup storage device for my digital photos, in case the mini notebook got damaged on the plane or in the car.

I am thinking next time I replace my phone that I'll go with an iPhone. I've got a BlackBerry now, and think I'll like the iPhone better.

I'm glad you're enjoying your present...that's the important part!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I admit to not getting anything done in my house yesterday, because I was still exploring the features of my iTouch. My husband comes home from work shortly before 5 p.m., and I admitted to him just how little I did because I was still playing with my new toy.

I installed an app that tells me about my battery. I think that feature will be used a lot by me. If you are playing games, your battery power goes down quite quickly. If you are listening to music, than it dwindles a whole lot slower.

I can't believe how many free apps there are. It is so nice to be able to personalize your iPod with useful applications. I am a very practical person, and if I don't see a need for something, I won't use it and therefore I delete it.

It took me a while to get my city's weather to display, but I finally figured that out. I also put in the weather for cities that I vacation at.

Thanks for the great comments, fellow iPod, and iPhone users.

I found out I'm getting my iPhone this coming weekend! I already started downloading some of the free apps I want to put on it.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I'm not very good at some of these free games that I have loaded on the iTouch, but they are still a lot of fun.

Today, I updated my smaller iPod. I noticed that I had a lot of doubles of songs, so I took off the doubles, and I put on some new ones. It seems that the duplications came mostly from my husband's music CD's where he had a lot of compilation CD's. Also some of my Disney ones created doubles as well.

I like the way that the iTunes site updates your iPod every time you plug it in.

Have fun Aimster with your new iPhone.

• we jumped out a window

I've been using the free flashlight app everytime I ride Indy. It comes in handy when you enter the safety video room where it can be hard to see where the turns in the lines are.

It seems like the battery power for games doesn't go down as quickly as when you're using wifi. Adjusting the brightness to a lower setting will also extend the battery time.

I'm a bit amazed by how quick a lot of people, especially kids and teens are at texting. On the computer I can type in upwards of 60 words per minute. On the ipod touch keyboard, I'm around 1 or 2 words per minute. It would've probably taken me 10 minutes to type out this post on the ipod touch!

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

I love my touch as well. Here is an app for when you a feeling just a bit evil...

iPhone Apps - Sound Grenade | Apptism

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I've been using the free flashlight app everytime I ride Indy. It comes in handy when you enter the safety video room where it can be hard to see where the turns in the lines are.

It seems like the battery power for games doesn't go down as quickly as when you're using wifi. Adjusting the brightness to a lower setting will also extend the battery time.

I'm a bit amazed by how quick a lot of people, especially kids and teens are at texting. On the computer I can type in upwards of 60 words per minute. On the ipod touch keyboard, I'm around 1 or 2 words per minute. It would've probably taken me 10 minutes to type out this post on the ipod touch!
    I put the free flashlight app on my iTouch. I love the different colors. I have yet to actually use it in the dark though.

I did notice that my game playing last night didn't dwindle the battery power that much. The battery app explains just how much power you have left, doing different activities. I noticed just how different times are. WiFi is indeed the worst.

My grandson is a wiz at texting. My only complaint with the iTouch, is the keyboard. I keep hitting the wrong buttons. It seems off to me. I definitely only do my MiceChatting on the computer.

You need to download the Mr Poot app. It's free. And it's funny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast