• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

iPhone MMS dated for Sept 25

AT&T Launches iPhone MMS September 25 - iPhone MMS - Gizmodo

An Update on iPhone MMS for our Mobility Customers
    We know many of our iPhone customers are eager for an update on our rollout schedule for Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS). We've been working for the past several months to prepare our systems and network to ensure the best possible experience with MMS when it launches and that launch date is: September 25 for iPhone 3G and 3GS customers. MMS will be enabled through a software update on that day.
    We know that iPhone users will embrace MMS. The unique capabilities and high usage of the iPhone's multimedia capabilities required us to work on our network MMS architecture to carry the expected record volumes of MMS traffic and ensure an excellent experience from Day One. We appreciate your patience as we work toward that end.
    We're riding the leading edge of smartphone growth that's resulted in an explosion of traffic over the AT&T network. Wireless use on our network has grown an average of 350 percent year-over-year for the past two years, and is projected to continue at a rapid pace in 2009 and beyond. The volume of smartphone data traffic the AT&T network is handling is unmatched in the wireless industry. We want you to know that we're working relentlessly to innovate and invest in our network to anticipate this growth in usage and to stay ahead of the anticipated growth in data demand, new devices and applications for years to come.
    We thank you for your business and look forward to keeping you updated on our initiatives.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: iPhone MMS dated for Sept 25

About freaking time.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    About freaking time.
    Funny, I was going to say the same thing.

Tomorrow is Apple's annual iTunes/iPod event. I'm guessing they'll be announcing iPhone OS 3.1 and mention the MMS available as of Sept 25, among other items.

Yea!!!
    I have spent 80 days of my life at Disneyland.

So OS 3.1 is now available for download. Updated my phone after work tonight. Now let's get that MMS going.

Oh and the new Nanos are going to have video cameras and an FM radio!

Ok so if you have an iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS, you need to update to OS 3.1 if you haven't already, then download a carrier file update through iTunes to activate MMS. From what I can tell it's working for me. I was able to send a pic to my mom. She tried sending me one but it didn't go through so she tried it through the email way and it didn't work either. I told her to do a battery pull on her phone (she doesn't have an iPhone).

• hi!

reporting in that mms is up and running for me as well. had some test/fun conversations with fellow iPhone users and non-iPhone users and all has been working fine. as far as how much I'm going to actually use this productively... probably not much. but it adds great comfort knowing that we now have this feature in case I will need it if a situation arises (even though my previous phone of over 6 years has been able to do it).

I did actually use it productively just today. I sent my sister a picture of my first black eye I've ever had. I got elbowed in the eye while riding Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy.

yes, embarrassing I know.. but it's my first black eye and after I got over the initial shock of having one, I came to be pretty excited and proud of it. hahaha.
    -plagued