• Boo's mom

problems with my avatar

I uploaded a picture of my bird and tried to post it as my avatar. I had it on there before and it worked but I signed in today and it came up with a broken link. When I try to reload it, i get an error message saying POST requests from foreign hosts are not allowed. why is it doing this and what can I do to fix it?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Try now.
    -Monorail Man

• Boo's mom

still says the same thing....

• Banned User

try uploading it from your computer instead of another website.... that should work...

• Boo's mom

but I'm not downloading it from a website. I have the picture saved on my computer. When I go to use it as my avatar, I click browse, go into my pictures folder and upload but then I get that message.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by badserver
    POST requests from foreign hosts are not allowed.
    Hmm.. is it named like one word... or two words.... with a space... perhaps you should rename it one word.... (this doesn't sound like it is too large...)

• Boo's mom

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Hmm.. is it named like one word... or two words.... with a space... perhaps you should rename it one word.... (this doesn't sound like it is too large...)

its one word, boo.jpg (or whatever lol) its about 64 by something. its smaller than the maximum size posted. its the same one I use on wdwmagic and disneyforever and disneycentral. I had it on here before but when I signed in the other day, there was a broken link. then after trying to reload I get the same thing. I'll try loading it from a computer at school. maybe there is a bad connection at home or something.

EDIT: must be a bad home connection because I uploaded it at school with no problem! now I just hope when I sign in later, its still there and not a broken link. Thanks to everyone trying to help me out!

• Santa Barbara, CA

Boo. .All I see is a picture of someone in a blue bird suit wearing an obviously fake black beak perched on a bedframe or something. When i zoom in the zipper is pretty obvious. I think something is wrong with your avitar.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Boo's mom

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    Boo. .All I see is a picture of someone in a blue bird suit wearing an obviously fake black beak perched on a bedframe or something. When i zoom in the zipper is pretty obvious. I think something is wrong with your avitar.

its my african grey Boo. He's sitting atop his cage. I finally got it fixed because it used to be a broken link. bad home connection prevented me from changing the avatar

• Minion

Just testing mine. Ignore me.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club