Iphone: MouseWait (Free) Live Web Cams!

Hey All,

I just learned about the MouseWait app that is coming out for the Iphone tomorrow and will be free. This is newsworthy because you can stream live webcams from the park if I understand the app correctly. So Iphone users on micechat, please get this app so I can watch live streaming video from disneyland... PLEASE!! Comes out tomorrow.

This is were I learned about it The First “Social“ Disneyland Wait Time iPhone App Launches This Wednesday

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Re: Iphone: MouseWait (Free) Live Web Cams!

I have an iPhone 3GS, so I'll check for the MouseWait app, tomorrow. Unfortunately, I'll likely not be going to DLR until at least Christmas, when my family will be getting annual passes again, for the first time in a few years.

Incidentally, I grabbed the 'Wait Watchers' apps for Disneland and DCA, and they are cool. The problem is that, while there were lots of wait time updates for most rides when the apps first came out, now there are hardly any. I guess that the initial excitement about the apps wore off. If you own an iPhone, please get these apps and make a little effort to send updates for wait times while waiting in line. I promise to do the same when I go!
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Fantasmic Fanatic!

will check that out tomorrow then! Thanks for the info
    I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known. -Walt Disney

Check out my Clothing Line!

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    I have an iPhone 3GS, so I'll check for the MouseWait app, tomorrow. Unfortunately, I'll likely not be going to DLR until at least Christmas, when my family will be getting annual passes again, for the first time in a few years.

Incidentally, I grabbed the 'Wait Watchers' apps for Disneland and DCA, and they are cool. The problem is that, while there were lots of wait time updates for most rides when the apps first came out, now there are hardly any. I guess that the initial excitement about the apps wore off. If you own an iPhone, please get these apps and make a little effort to send updates for wait times while waiting in line. I promise to do the same when I go!
    The problem is people want return benefit. If you're waiting in line at TSMM, thinking about updating the wait time, and also want to know the wait time at Soarin', but nobody is updating it at the time, you get no benefit from the system and then tend not to want to enter the wait time for TSMM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    The problem is people want return benefit. If you're waiting in line at TSMM, thinking about updating the wait time, and also want to know the wait time at Soarin', but nobody is updating it at the time, you get no benefit from the system and then tend not to want to enter the wait time for TSMM.
    Wow, I hope people aren't that selfish...

I'm more worried about the webcam feature when there are already crappy data speeds that seem to plague the entire resort.

Sad Re: Iphone: MouseWait (Free) Live Web Cams!

Please, please, please...do it for Blackberry....

The few times i have tried to use 3G with the phone, it has been miserably slow or non existent in the park. If you don't have that or some wi-fi access, how is this app even useful? Think i'll have to make a visit tomorrow and give this thing a shot.

• Murphy Lover

Quote Originally Posted by coachnancy View Post
    Please, please, please...do it for Blackberry....

I have to agree... I have talked to people at Mousewait and they said that they are going to plan a BB one. It would be great to have!
    Jennifer
    http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
    Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

The only webcam I saw on it was the Mattercam from the Howard Johnson hotel. Maybe I'm missing something...?

I know what you mean, that is why we designed MouseWait so that it doesn't depend 100% on user wait times (however it gets even better with a lot of people putting in times) we also made it so that it is really easy to enter times.

We have a complex system in place that lets us gauge the authority of certain users and block other users who put in bad times. We also have a lot of MouseWait ambassadors who are always in the park.

This version of MouseWait will always be free and we have tons of extras in there - we just added a complete Annual Passholder section that lets you compare blockout dates and gives you the full list of where you can get discounts!

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post

I agree sometimes the 3G network is bad in the park, but the last 5 times we were there it was really fast, I think it is getting better. If all else fails you can get wifi at the Grand Californian and get some updates there.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    The few times i have tried to use 3G with the phone, it has been miserably slow or non existent in the park. If you don't have that or some wi-fi access, how is this app even useful? Think i'll have to make a visit tomorrow and give this thing a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadensmama07 View Post
    I have to agree... I have talked to people at Mousewait and they said that they are going to plan a BB one. It would be great to have!
    Yes! BlackBerry and Android apps are in the works, we are just fine tuning our algorithm first before we move to other platforms - but we are pursuing a lot of cool options that will allow us to bring all Disney fans in - not just iPhone users.

Quote Originally Posted by Homan View Post
    Hey All,

I just learned about the MouseWait app that is coming out for the Iphone tomorrow and will be free. This is newsworthy because you can stream live webcams from the park if I understand the app correctly. So Iphone users on micechat, please get this app so I can watch live streaming video from disneyland... PLEASE!! Comes out tomorrow.

This is were I learned about it The First “Social“ Disneyland Wait Time iPhone App Launches This Wednesday
    Actually it doesn't let you personally stream yet, but we are working on something similar! Stay tuned, we just launched this thing, it is going to get really good!

• I'm the only one!

I think the only problem with this app so far is that anyone can update the wait times. Other apps only let you update when you are in the park. From what I've seen this one lets you update even if you aren't in the park giving the people a chance to update false wait times. an early post said they can block users who do this, so if that happens that can help a lot.