Thread: DVD repair kit

• MC State Comptroller

DVD repair kit

Hey all,

I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a real good DVD repair/cleaner kit. I rent movies from Netflix and about 5%-10% of them have scratches or are dirty and don't play well on any of my DVD players (XBOX 360, PS2, Surround sound player or computers). Plus I own a few DVD's that have seen better days.

I checked with both Amazon and Best Buy online and they have quite a few in various price ranges and little or no reviews.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Re: DVD repair kit

Well since you have a 360, I am going to assume you also have a Gold account. If you do you can just stream the movies through your 360 for 9 bucks a month.

My friend has used the Skip Doctor a few times and liked it.

• MC State Comptroller

Thanks for the tip.

Not all netflix movies can be streamed. The amount is getting bigger, but not all Netflix movies can be streamed.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

I bought a set if microfiber cloths at Walmart that work wonders on cleaning DVD discs, as well as eyeglasses. They were $4.99 for a pack of 5. I found them in the automotive section with the supplies for cleaning windshields.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

All you have to do is buff out the clear side so the laser can see through it. The "Skip Doctor" Style buffers do a good job on the mechanical end of it

But if you need it often and the refills for it are too much (and I'm betting they are...) I would try the buffing compound for the Polycarbonate composite headlights on your car - same material. Even then, you might have to buy the "Professional Size" pint or quart to get a decent deal.

One constant of the universe: the smaller the package, the more each unit costs per ounce of product. Because the actual polishing compound product might cost them 5 cents in bulk, but the packaging costs them $5 a unit in small quantities.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1