View Poll Results: Are you a Mac or a PC?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mac

53 63.86%
  • PC

28 33.73%
  • Other

2 2.41%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Just Call Me Kiti

Mac Vs. PC: Which do you prefer?

There are always those people who are avid mac users and there are also those who say pcs are the best kind of computer in the world.

Now which are you?

(Please be nice. This is to see everyone's views on the different computers, not hate on people who don't have the same preferances.)

I, personally, will always choose a PC over a Mac. I just like the setup a lot more in a PC. I grew up using a PC and everything just works better for me. It's easy to find what I need to find and when I put files into folders it keeps them organized.(and all aligned evenly so I don't have to go OCD on the files all the time like I have to do with my files on the Mac I have to use at school during photo). AND they cost a lot less than a Mac that you can get with the same simlar specs. I'm sorry but macs are over priced in my opinion. I know how to use a Mac, but I still prefer PC.
    Sing like no one is Listening
    Dance like no one is Watching
    Smile like you're at Disneyland
    Live like there is no Tomorrow
    The End

Star light, Star bright, first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish that I wish tonight. I'll make a wish and do as Dreamers do. And all our wishes will come true. <3

It's a nice day when you wake up in Disneyland...
    <3

• no flash photography...

Re: Mac Vs. PC: Which do you prefer?

Pc,

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I own both - but I'm definitely a PC.

PS. I also added a poll to this thread.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• or CBF

I have a Mac desktop and a PC laptop.

I prefer my Mac because its more streamlined and easier to use.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Personally I prefer a Mac, but I have no problem working with PCs. The Mac may be more expensive at first, but my six year old Mac is still sprightly. Since it's a tower, I've been able to install upgrades over the years, and they all worked. Try that with a PC of that age.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 6956 miles, 398,000 feet

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Mac. But I am fluent, so to say, in both.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I'm a Mac. Mac computers seem to be more user friendly and simpler to operate. I took a multimedia basics class in 11th grade and we used a pc, I never understood how to really work it...everything seemed to be work work than it was worth.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I've been using a Mac since late 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by animekiti4christ View Post
    It's easy to find what I need to find and when I put files into folders it keeps them organized.(and all aligned evenly so I don't have to go OCD on the files all the time like I have to do with my files on the Mac I have to use at school during photo).
    I drop a file in a folder and it is organized alphabetically. All the files are small icons arranged in neat rows. All of this is done automatically by the computer. The settings on how files are displayed can be toggled in both Windows and Mac OS X. Just edit the View Options of Finder to Arrange By: Snap to Grid, Name, Date Modified, Date Created, Size, Kind or Label.

• I'm not really here

I use and own PCs for work and at home. I have built PCs since I was about 12. I have used Macs and will always say that they have their purpose and place, just as PCs do. Both have their faults (believe it or not, both do have faults). I also use several flavors of Linux for work (and it has its own special faults as well). They all have benefits as well.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Just Call Me Kiti

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I've been using a Mac since late 2005.

I drop a file in a folder and it is organized alphabetically. All the files are small icons arranged in neat rows. All of this is done automatically by the computer. The settings on how files are displayed can be toggled in both Windows and Mac OS X. Just edit the View Options of Finder to Arrange By: Snap to Grid, Name, Date Modified, Date Created, Size, Kind or Label.
    The macs we use at school don't have that option. I know, I've looked for it many times out of frustraition. And nothing has been ordered alphabetically.
    The End

Star light, Star bright, first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish that I wish tonight. I'll make a wish and do as Dreamers do. And all our wishes will come true. <3

<3

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I use and own PCs for work and at home. I have built PCs since I was about 12. I have used Macs and will always say that they have their purpose and place, just as PCs do. Both have their faults (believe it or not, both do have faults). I also use several flavors of Linux for work (and it has its own special faults as well). They all have benefits as well.
    Well Said!

There is no such thing as the perfect computer. I also use both PC and Macs and both have their good points and bad points.

I also teach video editing on a Mac and let me tell you that at lease once per class one student's Mac will lockup or freeze. As for other problems mac I will give this video. (no that is not me).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmsc4Z5Fclc"]YouTube - Mac Switch Ad Parody - Editing[/ame]

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I love Macs, but they are WAY out of my price range. The only Apple products I own are my iPod Nano and my iPhone 3GS. But I do love my new HP 17.3" laptop (which I try to make look like a 17" MacBook Pro... LOL).

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by animekiti4christ View Post
    The macs we use at school don't have that option. I know, I've looked for it many times out of frustraition. And nothing has been ordered alphabetically.
    Have you tried doing View | Show View Options? If your school has somehow disable the View Options that is hardly a fault of Mac OS X.

• Just Call Me Kiti

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Have you tried doing View | Show View Options? If your school has somehow disable the View Options that is hardly a fault of Mac OS X.
    Yes I've tried that too. The only way I can get them to line up is "Clean Up" but it doesn't make it so all the icons automatically line up. I use that option A LOT because I keep adding more and more stuff since it's for my photo class and I'm always adding photos.
    The End

<3

• MC, this is LD

I'm a Mac fanboy.

--KAN

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast