Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Photography

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-14-2005 at 04:40 PM.

• Santa Barbara, CA

I am looking for a pro digital slr, hear the nikon V70 is good, any thoughts?
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    I'm going canon when I upgrade my digi cam. I prefer SLR's over point and shoot. I already have some lenses for it...so it makes since for me to stay with canon.. However, the digii cam I have now is olympus and I LOVE it... I still like SLR's better though..

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapex
    I enjoy shooting on film, and printing my own photos in a lab. I just love the smell of developer. I know it's freaky, but the smell makes my creative side shine through. Much like a Denny's sampler.
    Are yu crazy???? I think that was the worst thing about the whole preces. I mean, I loved my 23c and te creative things I could do in the lab, but after 8 hours, it stunk, I stunk and my eyes were burning. I fgured, that is what they built custom labs for. Now, everything I did in the lab, I can do in my puter and generate a photo that was just as good. I do admire you for sticking with it.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville

This is where I am going next Canon Digital Rebel. I. It is just the entry level camera in the Digital SLR line, but the specs are really especially the 6.1 megpix. I figure, it is not that pricey and as the technology improves, I can move on to the better cameras.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• That's Hawt

I just got a powershot S410 and I LOVE it! It's a 4mp tiny little hunk of love! It is also one of Canon's Elph Series, so when I say tiny, I MEAN tiny If anybody cares to look at the pictures I have taken with this camera (sorry, no Disneyland yet) go ahead and look Here
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Senior Minion

I have the Nikon Coolpix 4300, 4Pixel. I like it. It has a nice zoom feature and landscape features of course. Right now Ican't figure out why it looses focus. Ive been reading the owners manual and can't fix it. any thoughts?
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    I have the Nikon Coolpix 4300, 4Pixel. I like it. It has a nice zoom feature and landscape features of course. Right now Ican't figure out why it looses focus. Ive been reading the owners manual and can't fix it. any thoughts?
    Mabye you have it on high speed shutter or something? Or, mabye you were moving it around? My old digital had a sports shot setting that was really difficult to get to operate correctly because it was trying to focus fast and so instead of doing it correctly it lost focus. Go Figure ... It was a Kodak though so that might explain part of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon

Does it do it on certain types of shots or on everything. Could be a problem i the logic circuit or it is still trying to guess the correct focus points. Some cameras tell you when it is ready, does yours? Big areas are sometimes difficult to focus on especially when you have a subject that is close. Sometimes you will see the cmaera racking in and out trying to figure it out. This is why I bought a camera that I can adjust the focus, shutter and aperture. Of course I have the advantage of knowing what they all do. If you do know how to change to AP, select a small f.stop and this will improve your depth of field.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Banned User

Manual or a Auto or a Scene selection?????

(I played around with my manual and found that -2 through -4 are good.. but come out dark.. but thats nothing photoshop can't fix...)

Quote Originally Posted by Hector
    I my Canon S45 that I've had for almost two years now. I took this and this early last month (I also vegas even if I'm not old enough to gamble ). This is my first camera ever (aside from disposables) and I would LOVE to learn more about actual photography, maybe even take a class or two. This reminds me though, I do have to get new batteries for it, and a bigger memory card would be nice (currently stuck on a 256)

Cf cards are Super cheap you can get a 512 mb card for about $40.00

nothing like more memory...

I have the canon s50 and it is an awesome camera... 5 mp and it is great in all types of conditions... i have had it in 30 below zero conditions to bright and low light etc... any you can blow up to 18x24 and get photo quality....

and the low light is awesome...

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KoH
    Does it do it on certain types of shots or on everything. Could be a problem i the logic circuit or it is still trying to guess the correct focus points. Some cameras tell you when it is ready, does yours? Big areas are sometimes difficult to focus on especially when you have a subject that is close. Sometimes you will see the cmaera racking in and out trying to figure it out. This is why I bought a camera that I can adjust the focus, shutter and aperture. Of course I have the advantage of knowing what they all do. If you do know how to change to AP, select a small f.stop and this will improve your depth of field.
    If I remember correctly, It does it with certain types of shots, I just can't remember which modes. Ill try that.
    Mice man, I'll check that as well, I had a Easyshare 2.0 Kodak it was nice but no modes, Some of my best shots were from that camera at times.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Race Car Driver

Yes KOH,
    Here is my question....

If my digital cam is a 5 pixel......... and if I take the pictures in vga mode can I enlarge them to a bigger pixel size on the computer.

And, what is the smallest size of pixel you can use to get regular sized 4x6 pictures and still have them look great??

The thing is I can take 100 pictures in vga mode. Which is handy then bring them back home and dump them on to the computer , enlarge them, then burn to a cd and go get them developed or upload them to a digilab site.

Whats your best advice?
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snacks
    Yes KOH,
    Here is my question....

If my digital cam is a 5 pixel......... and if I take the pictures in vga mode can I enlarge them to a bigger pixel size on the computer.

And, what is the smallest size of pixel you can use to get regular sized 4x6 pictures and still have them look great??

The thing is I can take 100 pictures in vga mode. Which is handy then bring them back home and dump them on to the computer , enlarge them, then burn to a cd and go get them developed or upload them to a digilab site.

Whats your best advice?

First, it appears we are talking 5 megapizel camera designed to record the image on a high capacity CCD. What is going to determine the quality of your photos is the mode you are shooting in. I have not seen many cameras with VGA mode but I can almost guaranty you that the resolution is not very high. Once the camera records that image, that's it, you live with it forever. You need t change your camera to a higer resolution either using jpeg or tiff. The number of pjotos you can take will be reduced but your camera can then be capable of photos up to 11X17. There is no software that will improve the picture enough. If the 4X6 photos are blurry, that is the best you can do. A three megabyte camera will give good quality small prints.

For my information, what camera do you have?
    Last edited by Alan; 03-30-2005 at 12:54 PM.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast