Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Photography

• Why do you keep talking?

Both are Canon NB-2L's. One came with the camera and I bought an extra one at the same time.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector
    Both are Canon NB-2L's. One came with the camera and I bought an extra one at the same time.

Wow, and everyoe says they last the longest. Wonder what a generic will do.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• LoisAlene

I've got a Olympus Stylus 300. Got it several years ago and last year I got a Very nice photo printer. I miss the quickness of the film camera, but since I mostly take scenic shots that's not a Real problem. I need to get more memory.(More Digital memory!) I have the original 16mb card and a 64mb card, but I know when we go to Disneyland this October I'll fill those up in about 2 hours.
    Here is one of St. Helens in Feb. of this year. This is one of my dogs. Sit! Stay!
    I think the cost of developing the 25+ rolls of film I took to WDW last time had something to do with the gifting of the Digital cam. Now that I've found Photobucket, perhaps I'll actually get them organized and online!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Damn nice photo. ?Those Olympus cameras and your great ete make a good combination.

Price is the main reaso i moved to digial. I still love film and wish i could use it. When I was in my late twenties, the Bass Brothers tried to control the silver market. Unfortunately, silver is a great part of the film proces and so b controlling the market, the price of film and developing went through the roof. I never ever recovered from that and when a time came for digital, I jumped as soon as I could. Now that I have gotten into a pro-am cam, I am going to get a 35mm to supplement it. Best of both worlds. With twenty five rolls, how did you ever keep them organized?
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Trying out my new drebel and thought I would share a photo of my cat Snoopy.

Last edited by Alan; 04-04-2005 at 09:21 AM.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• LoisAlene

Quote Originally Posted by KoH
    Trying out my new drebel and thought I would share a photo of my cat Snoopy
    Heeere kitty kitty! Very good - nicely detailed close up.

Today we went and saw a defunct nuclear power plant. Two of three towers were built but never finished . It never generated a watt of power. Today the towers stand empty. It was VERY eerie/post apocalyptic!

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    How stark. The images look like death. You know, most people will never photograph things like this because the photo is so negative. You brought the power out in those shots.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Race Car Driver

The odd are the best things to take photos of.... i like entering photo contests with the odd pictures.
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

• Race Car Driver

Wow, and everyoe says they last the longest. Wonder what a generic will do.

You know i have had mine for 2 years and they last long..... the trick is completely draining the battery before you fully recharge it...... and then you will get long life from them!!
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Here is another of my test shoot. Great red.

>>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snacks
    You know i have had mine for 2 years and they last long..... the trick is completely draining the battery before you fully recharge it...... and then you will get long life from them!!

This was always true with NiCad batteries but the ones today are not suppose to delvelop a memory. Unfortunately, the batteries are always the least predictable tool one carries in their bag.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Race Car Driver

This was always true with NiCad batteries but the ones today are not suppose to delvelop a memory. Unfortunately, the batteries are always the least predictable took one carries in their bag.
    Your right they are not supposed to have a memory, however I dont trust them so I always run them till they die and then charge them full.. I keep spare regular batters in my bag for that just incase moment.... but the never last for very long at all.... the other batteries that I use I can take 100 photos with and view each photo a bizzilion time. Then that all.....
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

For those of you that has a camera capable of it, do any of you shoot digital in RAW mode? I tinkered with it a bit, and although it's really interesting, it's a major pain doing the conversion I think. For me, the software that Canon gives you is ultra slow. So slow that I'd rather deal with not having all the camera data, and do all my adjusting in Photoshop. Some will argue that RAW is the only way to go when doing prints, etc. Maybe I'm not doing something right, but the fine JPG setting is great for me.

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    I use large jpeg and I get great results. I don't see any purpose of going raw. Like you though, I will try it out. For those unfamiliar, shooting raw does not mean we are naked.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• LoisAlene

I'm going to have to dig out the manual to see if I Can shoot in raw. I've tried saving pics in the TIFF format though, it's a booger of a file to manage! HUGE, but some of my shots I really don't want to lose to compression degradation.
    TY KoH for the nice compliment. I love to shoot stuff that is just a little odd . That's up on the east side of Mt. St Helens a few years ago.
    Yeah, odd...hehe my true colors shining thru

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast