• Disappearing/Reappearing

Nikon Coolpix L110

I'm seriously looking at this camera. It seems to have all the features I'm looking for...mega zoom, point and shoot.

I've read good and bad reviews. But, wanted to hear first hand experiences. Does anyone out in Mouse Land own one?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Nikon Coolpix L110

I've been looking at one of those for my daughters and have also read mostly good reviews on them. But I'd like to hear if anyone actually has one and what they think.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I don't have that specific ones, but generally speaking - Nikons are good quality.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

I own a Canon..well, I've had two. And thought I would stick with them. But, I've heard nothing but good about Nikon.

But, I have read good and bad reviews about this particular one. Hoping someone out there owns one and will tell me about it.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Found someone I know how has that camera Stitchy! (Which would be my mother, LOL) She said it takes OK pictures, nothing spectacular. She much prefers the Nikon Coolpix S630 - which is the same one I have. According to her, the camera tends to blur photos and take less quality pictures than the other camera she has. She thinks it's overpriced for the picture quality, and would like a more compact camera.

• Hooterville, USA

Good to know.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    Found someone I know how has that camera Stitchy! (Which would be my mother, LOL) She said it takes OK pictures, nothing spectacular. She much prefers the Nikon Coolpix S630 - which is the same one I have. According to her, the camera tends to blur photos and take less quality pictures than the other camera she has. She thinks it's overpriced for the picture quality, and would like a more compact camera.
    Thanks, PS!

I ended up going to Best Buy and comparing cameras, and really playing with them...and ended up falling in love with the Nikon Coolpix L110. It has some really great features. I LOVE that the menu not only shows the decals for all the different modes, but, it also describes them. With my Canon, (and my memory)..I had to carry the manual around and decipher the symbols in order to select the right mode.

It also seems really great at adjusting itself in regular mode. I took a few pictures with and without the flash, and they turned out pretty good.

I really love the zoom! 15X! Man, I'll be able to see up Mickey's nose!

Not...that I'd want to....

Good luck picking out a camera! I can't help you since my Nikon is a SLR and my point-and-shoot is a Casio.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

I got my camera the other day...and so far it's been doing it's job wonderfully......as a paper weight on my dresser. LOL

I will take it out tomorrow for some shots of downtown OKC. Will try to post some here.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I have the same camera (or the precursor that was available 2 years ago) I use it as a back-up camera and as the one I carry in my bag. It's pretty good.

I want to see photos! (although it is OKC...)

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Yeah Stitchy... where are those pictures um??

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

LOL! Sorry!

I have been waiting for hubby to download the software to the computer...and since he's gone for 6 weeks...I thought the pics would stay on the camera til then. BUT! When I mentioned it to him...he reminded me that we have a memory card reader...and I can pull them off that way.

So, I will try VERY hard to remember to do that tonight when I get home. I'm dying to see how they look on the computer.

I'm pretty impressed so far...VERY easy to use. And I love the zoom and settings!

• Pilot EdForceOne

FWIW... most cameras will work via USB without any special software to modern OSs.

The software is normally just extra editing, photomanagement stuff.

You can also just pop out the memory card and plug in directly. I prefer that method because then I don't have to hunt for the camera-specific USB cable
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged