Thread: Mobile Magic

Mobile Magic

I just tried to download Mobile Magic and I revived this message:

"Your phone model is not supported for this service. This service is only available for Get It Now or Media Center enabled phones."

:'(

I think this is dumb, I just got an android phone which would run this app wonderfully, and with the amount of android/apple phones coming to Verizon this summer they should update it to be supported on all phone models.

• Katella

Re: Mobile Magic

I work for Verizon Wireless, I too have a Droid. It's sad that we can't have the app, agreed. No news on the horizon for it to be included in Google Apps, we only have an agreement with Disney to host it on Get it Now, Droids use the Android Market which does not have an agreement with Disney for their app!

DLR/DCA: 7x 1999,2003,2007,2008,2009,2010,2012
    WDW: 1x 2009
    Tall Ship Sailor: ​Lady Washington 2011

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

what about the ENV phones? can they work for those phones? cause obviously i'm not gonna add 9.99 to my phone bill just to see if it works
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I have a Samsung Omnia, which is Windows Mobile based. Needless to say, I'm peeved I can't get this app, especially when I'm on a phone that was made to run apps! :/

• Nerd

It didn't work on my phone about 2 weeks ago, but now it is available. I have the Voyager. I think new phones come out so often, they have to keep changing things to make them all compatible. I'll bet the Android will be working very soon.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
    what about the ENV phones? can they work for those phones? cause obviously i'm not gonna add 9.99 to my phone bill just to see if it works
    I have the Env Touch. It wasn't available on touch screen phones for a couple of months after the original release, but it IS now.

To get it, just text the word "magic" to 2777 and you'll receive a text back asking you to reply specifying which option you want. One of the options is a free one day demo, so you can check it out and decide if you want to spend the $9.99 for six months. You may also be able to get through Get It Now, but you couldn't a couple months back. Not sure if you can now.

Overall, it's a decent app for Disneyland. Nothing spectacular, but probably pretty handy to have. I tried the demo and will buy it when we go in August.

• Awaken the spirits

I have the Motorola Droid with Verizon. I thought we could get this app? I was going to buy it before my next trip but I'll be bummed out if I can't.

Also, I really wish we could get some sort of app for finding hidden mickeys.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyDanger View Post
    I have the Env Touch. It wasn't available on touch screen phones for a couple of months after the original release, but it IS now.

To get it, just text the word "magic" to 2777 and you'll receive a text back asking you to reply specifying which option you want. One of the options is a free one day demo, so you can check it out and decide if you want to spend the $9.99 for six months. You may also be able to get through Get It Now, but you couldn't a couple months back. Not sure if you can now.

Overall, it's a decent app for Disneyland. Nothing spectacular, but probably pretty handy to have. I tried the demo and will buy it when we go in August.
    there's a free one day demo? SWEET!! i was planning on using it for the gumball rally!! woohoo!! well let me check first before i woohoo
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

There is a free app for Android phones called Ride Hopper Lite. Gives ride wait times for not just Disneyland and California Adventure, but for other parks as well. I'm headed up in the end of May and will give it a test then. Hopefully someone on here can try it and let us know how accurate it is?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
    there's a free one day demo? SWEET!! i was planning on using it for the gumball rally!! woohoo!! well let me check first before i woohoo
    Just a friendly tip - it's not as accurate as you might hope for things like rally. I used it with my kids on a recent trip and we had good days with it and days where I was wondering if it was worth the money I spent. Our biggest issue was with the wording they use. Space Mountain was listed as "unavailable" one morning so we didn't rush to the park to get those first thing in the morning fast passes because we took that to mean it was 101 (not in operation). Turns out, it was just "not available for information in the system" at that time. So the next time we saw that, we went to whichever attraction it was anyway - and it was actually 101. They need different ways to say different things

Generally, the wait times were either correct or very close. A few times it would say that Nemo was under 20 minutes wait and we would look over there at a 40 minute line - but for some reason, Nemo seemed to be the only one that they would be so hugely inaccurate about.

One afternoon we actually stood by the Wait Times board and compared and it was all the same - except Nemo!! So, someone is goofing that one up!

See you next Saturday!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Awaken the spirits

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii Disney Fan View Post
    There is a free app for Android phones called Ride Hopper Lite. Gives ride wait times for not just Disneyland and California Adventure, but for other parks as well. I'm headed up in the end of May and will give it a test then. Hopefully someone on here can try it and let us know how accurate it is?
    I just downloaded that last night and was checking it out. I wasn't at the park though, I was just looking at it from my house, but it didn't seem right. It was 20 minutes until closing and everything except five rides had a 90 minute wait. I doubt Captain EO, all the train stations, Star Tours, Tiki Room, Mr Lincoln, etc had a 90 minute wait. Strangely, one of the five rides that had less than 90 minutes was Space Mountain. Captain EO and Star Tours had a longer line than Space Mountain? Now, as I said, I wasn't at the park, but those numbers just seem wrong based on my past trips to the park, especially the fact that everything said 90 minutes.

The other thing I thought was weird was that when I first looked at it, it said Splash Mountain and something else I forget both said 10 minutes. Then I clicked on shows and then back to rides and it said a completely different time, but said it was updated 43 minutes ago. I had just seen a different time on there less than a minute ago!

But, as I said, I wasnt there so I have no idea if the times were right or not. Can anyone confirm that al.ist everything was a 90 minute wait last night around 11:40? Also, did Small World and Memo go down last night? They were both listed as down on that app.

Right now everything is showing up as 5-10minutes or walkons, and given that the park has been open for less than an hour, I believe it.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by TheGr8K8 View Post
    I work for Verizon Wireless, I too have a Droid. It's sad that we can't have the app, agreed. No news on the horizon for it to be included in Google Apps, we only have an agreement with Disney to host it on Get it Now, Droids use the Android Market which does not have an agreement with Disney for their app!
    Okay as a VZW Palm Treo 700wx user who's probably going to stick with this phone for a while - at least till they get me another Smartphone choice the way I want, with a Real Antenna (*HINT!*) at the top of the list...

(Google. . . . ) The key to "Get It Now" is QUALCOMM's Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless (BREW). Now to look and see what the plans are to make BREW work under Android OS or Windows Mobile OS...

And after wading through a bunch of Varsity Level Tech Geekery, all I can say is... No reason it shouldn't be doable. Just have to convince VZW to let one or two of their Geek Coders sit down and do it.

--<< Bruce >>--

(PS: My wish list: 1) Open Source - Android OS. App me, baby!
    2) Real antenna on phone, the pull-out from the old LG VX2000 would be perfect, That's how you get bars.
    3) Car cradle with real antenna connection, 5dB Omni for roof, hard-wired handsfree mike & speaker.
    4) Desk cradle with antenna connection, my house gets one bar inside. )
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Water rides are evil.

The Ride Hopper lite is probably going to be your closest. The downside being that it is based on people actually checking in with ride times. That means if people report incorrect times, the app will be off.

The only way to get accurate times would be for Disney to allow access to the ride wait times in their computers, or make them available online from their web sites. While that would be a great thing for Disney customer relations, I doubt they will give that access without being able to charge for it. Thus the Verizon $10 thing. I'm sure Disney gives them the ride info.

As for your antennas, Bruce, not likely. They had to replace too many of them for customers that didn't take care of them. Now the rest of us must suffer. :-)

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

S'Okay, then just let me use something that really works, like my old Alpine 1000. 3 watts Analog, a speakerphone that rivals my PC-4A at home, and hardwired 5db on the roof that punched clear calls out almost anywhere (incl. Death Valley) when I needed to.

The antennas are a normal wear item, just like cases and clips - If they weren't budgeting on keeping spare parts available, that's their bad.

Some of us don't throw out our old phones the moment the contract is up, we wait for it to wear out or just plain give up. X_X

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Water rides are evil.

It is a wear item, but realistically, with the density of today's cell towers, you don't need external antennae to get a good signal. Most of those 3 watt phones were dropped down to .1 watt in a city anyway. Just like now, they all adjust power as needed to continue the connection. There are still a very few phones that allow external antennae to connect, it's just becoming more and more rare.

As for me, I tend to replace the phone somewhere around contract end because I need the phone to do more or do it faster. I hate that it's more than a phone, but if you're a techie in today's world and you don't want to carry multiple devices, you're stuck with it.

LD